News   Jun 27, 2024
 684     1 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 441     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some tweets from councillor Carroll:

Last night, Rob said he hasn’t cut the TTC by “Dime Oneâ€. Today, the CFO claims TTC cuts of $75million.
Last night, Rob says he’s been good to families. Today, the CFO claims he cut $13.7 million from Children Services.
Your roads are a mess. The CFO says Rob has cut $15.6 million from the roads budget.
Rob says “It’s all about JOBS, Folksâ€. Today, the CFO says he’s cut $13million from Toronto Employment Services.

Dear Mayoral candidates. Pay attention. The info is there. USE IT!

This^. What Rob achieved last night was making a good impression on people who's support may have been wavering toward the Tory camp, IMO. He's protecting his base, but I doubt that he grew it by any meaningful measure. As of today, I think JT is the person who should be most worried. He needs to bring more of Rob's soft support into his tent, and that's not happening so far. Maybe he's keeping his powder dry until we see what happens with Brazen 2.

This is what people said 4 years ago. We have to step up the engagement and quit the apathy.

This is what RD said about the arrest rumours. I bet they are sitting on lots of info.

17 minutes ago
Rumours are rumours. Who knows. Police are investigating Rob Ford. They have been since last May. There have been at least 2 other occasions where everyone becomes convinced he's about to be arrested. I won't speculate on what's happening now.

This is what RD said about the arrest rumours. I bet they are sitting on lots of info.

17 minutes ago
Rumours are rumours. Who knows. Police are investigating Rob Ford. They have been since last May. There have been at least 2 other occasions where everyone becomes convinced he's about to be arrested. I won't speculate on what's happening now.

If she knows something (and media lawyers have certainly seen things we haven't, in order to be able to argue for their release, as is my understanding) is she legally obligated to answer in the most vague way possible?

If she knows something (and media lawyers have certainly seen things we haven't, in order to be able to argue for their release, as is my understanding) is she legally obligated to answer in the most vague way possible?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9gQle_vxy4

Her response to this question is so vague that it's infuriating, but I strongly guess that it's because she does know something and can't say anything.

Lots of (understandable) anxiety on this thread today. Someone call RF and see if he can score us all some Oxy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Rofo has been far, far luckier than he's deserved with the people "opposing" him, as last night's pathetic excuse for a debate so amptly proves. He should have been relentlessly horse-whipped, but not one of the other candidates had the stomach to take it down to that level. And they're going to have to if he's to be stopped. You can't come out on top over his kind of open and unashamed thug with sweet reason, spouting bureaucrat-ese, or sticking your nose in the air and acting as if you're above such common, low-born vulgarities as, oh, fighting back. (Gasp! What would Miss Manners say?) Schoolyard bully types like the Ford brothers only understand pushback. Seriously, can this really be such a newsflash to the others who were up on that stage last night at this point in the proceedings?

If this is indicative of the events to come - i.e. Slob steam-rolling right along with his usual bluster and lies while the people supposedly standing against him weakly stutter, "M-m-m-maybe I disagree...if it isn't too much of an inconvenience," then he'll likely slime his way right back into City Hall with nary a problem. They have to take the kid gloves off. Yes, it's early yet, and yes, this was the first debate, but Jesus! Every one of us here knew perfectly well what Ford was going to do last night. Why the hell didn't Tory and the others? Did his utterly predicatble bullshit really come as such a surprise?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Rofo has been far, far luckier than he's deserved with the people "opposing" him, as last night's pathetic excuse for a debate so amptly proves. He should have been relentlessly horse-whipped, but not one of the other candidates had the stomach to take it down to that level. And they're going to have to if he's to be stopped. You can't come out on top over his kind of open and unashamed thug with sweet reason, spouting bureaucrat-ese, or sticking your nose in the air and acting as if you're above such common, low-born vulgarities as, oh, fighting back. (Gasp! What would Miss Manners say?) Schoolyard bully types like the Ford brothers only understand pushback. Seriously, can this really be such a newsflash to the others who were up on that stage last night at this point in the proceedings?

If this is indicative of the events to come - i.e. Slob steam-rolling right along with his usual bluster and lies while the people supposedly standing against him weakly stutter, "M-m-m-maybe I disagree...if it isn't too much of an inconvenience," then he'll likely slime his way right back into City Hall with nary a problem. They have to take the kid gloves off. Yes, it's early yet, and yes, this was the first debate, but Jesus! Every one of us here knew perfectly well what Ford was going to do last night. Why the hell didn't Tory and the others? Did his utterly predicatble bullshit really come as such a surprise?

They're hoping they can mostly stay positive and let the police take care of the rest. I dare say, that may work out for them in the long run.

They're hoping they can mostly stay positive and let the police take care of the rest. I dare say, that may work out for them in the long run.

The only way RoFo will be out of the race is if he dies. Even if he is charged, he would still run. Even if he is jail, he would still run.
The pressure needs to pick up on him and stay up.

This was one of the questions during the chat with Robyn D from 1-2pm.

27 minutes ago
How many times have police been called to the Ford house for domestic issues?

Robyn Doolittle
The Star has reported there have been more than two dozen.

More needs to be made of this somehow, in a 'delicate' way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back