290     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 468     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 653     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm told Italians would never work with street gangs like the Bloods because they consider them to be unprofessional and untrustworthy. But who knows? I see one of the McCormacks is mentioned in that article. My bro sees the union boss Mark driving around in a Ferrari all the time. How much do union bosses make?

They don't work directly with the street gangs, hells angels MCs are the link between mafia and street gang. Most of the higher ups in the MC wear suits and ties not leather jackets and jeans. I've mentioned before in this forum that the Ndrangheta definitely had something to do with helping ford get elected and Mammoloti definitely played a part, he may seem like an idiot but he is 100% connected to them. I have seen Ford and a member of the Ndrangheta have lunch on college street shortly after he was elected. I have also overheard the same person saying ford owes "us" for the election.

Side note: seeing all the past articles about ties between construction, the Conservative party and the the Ndrangheta reminded me of the time I saw John Baird at a restaurant in Toronto with some "legitimate businessmen" discussing the federal highway contracts, this was in 2008.

Last edited:
I guess the fact that these videos are against election rules is just a minor quibble at this point, right? :rolleyes:

I mean when the guy is weeks away from a major arrest, there's no point sweating the small stuff. :p

As Doug might say, Torontonians don't have the "moral authority" to pass judgement on their campaign tricks.

Last edited:
Even if Ford is arrested and charged by TPS, this does nothing to stop him from running for mayor. Even if he's arrested for murder in the Smith case, extortion in the video case and attempted murder in the brother-in-law case, none of this can stop him from running. And, these charges would do nothing to influence his remaining supporters.

I will respectfully disagree. He may keep some support, but whatever small section that will actually physically bother to cast a vote for him would shrink further.

Make no mistake, Ford is already done, even without an arrest, and no other major candidates even declared yet. If you believe differently, you're falling for the weak Jedi Mind Tricks that come from shady polling and the mouths of the Ford's themselves.

I will respectfully disagree. He may keep some support, but whatever small section that will actually physically bother to cast a vote for him would shrink further.

Make no mistake, Ford is already done, even without an arrest, and no other major candidates even declared yet. If you believe differently, you're falling for the weak Jedi Mind Tricks that come from shady polling and the mouths of the Ford's themselves.

I think Ford knows his only hope is to rile up whatever remains of his base into a frothing rage and get them out to the polls on election day. As much as I agree with you, I think he's still got a shot with this strategy; even if his base is only 20-25% of the electorate, if they come out in big enough numbers on Oct. 27th it might be enough to eke out a victory if there is a sufficiently divided field (and if centre-left voters don't get off their butts). And even if it isn't, the extremely angry and divisive campaign he and his brother are going to run is going to damage the city. It's already happening; I wouldn't be surprised to see episodes of physical violence between Ford supporters and people they perceive as enemies.

Of course, this is assuming that he doesn't have a health incident before then and/or that he doesn't get arrested for something major (I'd like to assume that would be The End of his electoral prospects, but the entire Ford mayoralty has been uncharted waters, so who knows?).

Of course, this is assuming that he doesn't have a health incident before then <snip >

If not fatal ( in which case I suspect Doug, or the "hair apparent", would throw his hat in the ring ) I can see his campaign run from his ( private ) sickroom, with select members of the media invited to report.

Last edited:
They don't work directly with the street gangs, hells angels MCs are the link between mafia and street gang. Most of the higher ups in the MC wear suits and ties not leather jackets and jeans. I've mentioned before in this forum that the Ndrangheta definitely had something to do with helping ford get elected and Mammoloti definitely played a part, he may seem like an idiot but he is 100% connected to them. I have seen Ford and a member of the Ndrangheta have lunch on college street shortly after he was elected. I have also overheard the same person saying ford owes "us" for the election.

Side note: seeing all the past articles about ties between construction, the Conservative party and the the Ndrangheta reminded me of the time I saw John Baird at a restaurant in Toronto with some "legitimate businessmen" discussing the federal highway contracts, this was in 2008.

Please forgive my ignorance on criminal element lingo, but what does MC stand for?

Everything you say here is very interesting.
A highway construction contract scandal would be a nice, bigger, follow up to the senate scandal for the feds.

Please forgive my ignorance on criminal element lingo, but what does MC stand for?

Motorcycle Club, I believe.

"Some outlaw motorcycle clubs can be distinguished by a 1% patch worn on the colors. Though this is claimed to be a reference to a comment made by the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) in which they stated that 99% of motorcyclists were law-abiding citizens, implying that the last one percent were outlaws."

Ford cannot win with twenty five percent of the vote, and that is a generous number today, let alone by the time October comes around.

There will be sufficient pressure from the much, much more sizeable "Anyone but Ford" camp on all candidates to ensure the vote is not diluted on election day. Once real candidates with intelligent campaigns get rolling, this election will not be about beating Ford. It'll be a game between the other candidates to display who the most palatable alternative to Ford will be.

Ford cannot win with twenty five percent of the vote, and that is a generous number today, let alone by the time October comes around.

Not a single mayor in the MegaCity has won with less than 43% of the vote. Nor in Metro back to the 80s, that's as far back as I cared to look.

We are in uncharted waters, to be fair, but I don't think Ford has even the slightest chance of winning an election.

There will be sufficient pressure from the much, much more sizeable "Anyone but Ford" camp on all candidates to ensure the vote is not diluted on election day. Once real candidates with intelligent campaigns get rolling, this election will not be about beating Ford. It'll be a game between the other candidates to display who the most palatable alternative to Ford will be.
This is it. No matter how many declared candidates there are between now and October, on the actual day there will only be three serious ones, at most. and if Rob is still in the race, he'll be splitting the conservative asshole vote with John Tory (or whoever), meaning the candidate on the left has a pretty clear shot. If Rob's gone (which I think is likely) it'll be more of a horse race.

They don't work directly with the street gangs, hells angels MCs are the link between mafia and street gang. Most of the higher ups in the MC wear suits and ties not leather jackets and jeans.

I'm guessing we'll lose JimmyT's insights on this particular part of the discussion, which is a shame but completely understandable. It's likely for the same reasons that I can't really share my insights on a different aspect of the discussion. The same can probably be said for a number of otherwise-active contributors in this thread. I have to admit, for the glib and cynical bast@rd that I am, I get cold feet. If I were a braver and more-prinicipled person, I would be more generous with my knowledge. I b!tch about the stupidity of the electorate, but maybe the problem is my cowardice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back