314     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 433     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 498     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
And make no mistake, these videos are all about campaigning. No surprise there, of course. But as much fun as we can have dissecting the production values and on-screen performances, we might do well to keep in mind that this online “show†is nothing more or less than an ad for Ford’s 2014 mayoral campaign.
I guess the fact that these videos are against election rules is just a minor quibble at this point, right? :rolleyes:

I mean when the guy is weeks away from a major arrest, there's no point sweating the small stuff. :p

I don't know much about recent media surveillance. After the Star's first article about Sandro I know there were people from newspapers and broadcast networks all staking out his place. But I think it became too time consuming and didn't really produce anything and so some backed off. And if cops have so much trouble following Sandro that they need to bring in a Cessna it must've been funny seeing media trucks trying to keep up with him! Not all media are pros at that kind of thing. I've heard some funny stories, like people from one media company actually wear shirts/jackets branded with their company logo when conducting surveillance haha.

There is this in the ITO, page 289:
LISI reports suspicious vehicle
a) The event was created on August 10th, 2013 at 2:29AM. The event was classified as a "Suspicious Activity".
b) A male caller who refused to give his name or number called Toronto Police Dispatch and reported that in the area of Taylorwood Drive and Edenbridge Drive there is a white minivan being driven by a male that has been circling in the area.
149)I conducted an analysis of this Event and have learned the following information:
a) The male caller was LISI. According to LISI' s DNR results on August 10th, 2013:
c) Licence Plate BPVW345: Is a White 2013 Dodge Caravan registered to the CBC.
d) On August 10th, 2013 at approximately 1:00AM the CBC took a picture of Mayor FORD
Lisi probably thought it was a police surveillance vehicle and decided to report it as a way of saying "I know you're there" to cops. Turned out to be media but either way it is disruptive to an investigation as it makes the subject of the investigation wary and less likely to do the things you're hoping to catch them doing.

Even if Ford is arrested and charged by TPS, this does nothing to stop him from running for mayor. Even if he's arrested for murder in the Smith case, extortion in the video case and attempted murder in the brother-in-law case, none of this can stop him from running. And, these charges would do nothing to influence his remaining supporters.

Rob Ford on Z103.5---" If youth want to work just give us a shout and we'll use you on our campaign".

Scott McIntyre can probably vouch for Rob's ability to put youth to work.

This interview is disgusting. It's like these people don't know who they're talking to.

Rob and Doug are on the radio acting like they don't know why the media is all over them. According to them it's because they want to save taxpayers money, and all these American media outlets can't believe a mayor could be so great and want to to see it for themselves. Doug was just bragging about maybe going on the Jimmy Kimmel show. Unbelievable.

And now Rob is encouraging any possible warm bodies to run for council to kick out all the people who vote against him in their crusade to keep taxes high. I can't believe I'm listening to this. It's making me physically sick.

Doug just said that Rob's competition for Mayor doesn't have a record to run on, but Rob has a record.

In the states, at least, but give him a few more months and he'll have one here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back