4.1K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 666     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
A. You don't know much about life if you think a morbidly obese, cross addicted mid-40s man with a serious personality disorder can be said to be 'having fun'.

B. Why do you like trolling this thread?

I wouldn't call Urbandreamer a troll. UD's always got a quirky spin on things, but I wouldn't interpret his/her last comments as pro-ford by any means.

Thx.

I am pro calling a spade a spade. Rob Ford is entertaining. Put him out of office and I guarantee a whole bunch of Toronto journos will be put out to pasture too.

Oh and btw, North Rd in PoCo is really like saying Rob Ford was caught crossing Trafalgar Road in Oakville at 2am ... ie hardly any traffic. It's suburban hell not urban Vancouver.

Thx.

I am pro calling a spade a spade. Rob Ford is entertaining. Put him out of office and I guarantee a whole bunch of Toronto journos will be put out to pasture too.

Oh and btw, North Rd in PoCo is really like saying Rob Ford was caught crossing Trafalgar Road in Oakville at 2am ... ie hardly any traffic. It's suburban hell not urban Vancouver.

But it's those big, fast pedestrial un-friendly boulevards that are the most dangerous to pedestrians especially at night. It's too bad that that "bitch" driver spotted ford in time.

PoCo is so "small town" it wouldn't surprise me if the officer was tipped off... OTOH, a large drunken man stumbling across the a suburban arterial route at 2am would be rather hilarious. However, how many other folks were ticketed last night--100? 200?

re: me trolling. I don't have much time to read UT these days. I mostly post photos and fantasy renderings. I just happened to be reading the past few pages of this thread today on one of my "off days." Judging by the rantings of the newbies who've joined UT recently on this Rob Ford Rantfest, they strike me as the ones out of touch with reality....

Last edited:
If I missed a reference to the confidant being male before Morris' mentions it, please point it out.

Just because it was presented that way in the article (not revealing the gender of the confidant before Morris' quote), doesn't mean it was presented that way to Dennis Morris. Doolittle obviously knows that the confidant is male:
Doolittle’s book details how Renata was given advice by the confidant — a man referred to in the book as “John” — about “methadone, withdrawal symptoms and clinics that will be discreet.”

The article doesn't specify exactly what Morris is responding to: A request for comment? An excerpt of the book that was provided to him? Both? Didn't Jian Ghomeshi read the book almost a week ago? So it's not as if the book's contents have been 100% secret until now. Doesn't seem far-fetched that Ford's lawyer might've read it too.

If he read an excerpt, then he knows the confidant is male. If he was asked for a comment by the Star, it's entirely possible that they mentioned the confidant was male. I think that if he was dumb enough to make the rookie mistake of revealing information that he's not supposed to know (the gender of the confidant), it would've made it into the article, because that would suggest he is lying. (i.e. The author would've written: "We didn't tell Morris the gender of the confidant and we are 100% sure he didn't read the book.")

Last edited:
Again, who's minding the kids while he's out partying? I don't remember seeing Renata in the airport clip. Just very curious.

Renata is indeed there. Watch the CP24 clip, 'Ford reportedly ticketed for jaywalking in BC', and at about the 40-second mark you can briefly see Renata. She looks annoyed at Ford for stopping to take photos with people at the airport. I wonder if she possesses the requisite self-awareness to realize that they're not asking for a photo with someone they admire but, rather, with a train-wreck celebrity.

Thx.

You're "calling a spade a spade"? What does that even mean in this context? Also, you "guarantee" a bunch of journalists will lose their jobs if Ford is voted out?? Um, that's called Magical Thinking, bro. Nothing to do with the real world.

Speculation disclaimer here: It's not hard to imagine that the person referred to as "John" in the excerpt from Doolittle's book is none other than Scott McIntyre.
Who goes around secretly recording conversations? People looking to gain something from them, that's who. Scott MacIntyre would certainly fit that bill.
edit: I wonder if Renata did find out later that she was recorded. Certainly explains why Ford has been paranoid about visitors recording conversations in his office.

Last edited:
Renata is indeed there. Watch the CP24 clip, 'Ford reportedly ticketed for jaywalking in BC', and at about the 40-second mark you can briefly see Renata. She looks annoyed at Ford for stopping to take photos with people at the airport. I wonder if she possesses the requisite self-awareness to realize that they're not asking for a photo with someone they admire but, rather, with a train-wreck celebrity.

Here's a screenshot for posterity

Untitled.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 410

Jesus fuckin christ. Ford continually says he wants the privacy of his family/kids respected...yet he's having his photo taken with strangers while his kids are standing right next to him.

Wrong:

Fear and isolation?

Renata is a Sagittarian--we never fear nobody!
Your commentary is as useless to this forum as your fuzzy cellphone photos from 20km distance. However I'd like to pull rank on this Sagittarian nonsense after learning this past December that Renata and I share a birthday. Fear seems an appropriate response to what I'd imagine her home life with this deluded childish out-of-control drug addict to be like.

Here's a direct link for anyone who wants it:
http://www.cp24.com/video?clipId=285564

Last edited:
20km distance? I reckon I get within inches of 90% of Toronto's under construction buildings. You?

As for generalizing re: astrological signs. It may be just that but Rob Ford is a classic Gemini--split personality.

I believe all politicians are liars ... hence I believe RF is a good politician.:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back