108     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 456     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 996     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, not every alcoholic in a bar on a Friday night dancing with people half his age is wasted...
Based on his history, I am sure he was drunk and/or high. But I'm not going to base that assumption on him being photographed on a dance floor or holding a guitar. Having said that, if Ford said he was sober last night, I would not believe him.

Before Ford any mayor getting cited for public intoxication would be done.

I don't think this is true. It's not a criminal offence, it's more like a traffic ticket. If it wasn't Rob Ford, it wouldn't be a big deal at all. Plenty of respectable people get thrown in the drunk tank :p although not regularly. I did when the Leafs were in the playoffs :( Got a weeeee bit too drunk and stumbled down some stairs, police kept me overnight and charged me ~$60 for the privilege. Plenty of other well-dressed well-spoken people in the same boat there, too.

Not that I'm defending Ford, he's supposed to be staying clean.

Last edited:
If you were warned, and not ticketed, that's fair. The speed limits on Hastings are also very low - 30 km/h, so drivers are nabbed regularly there too. The reason for all of that are the poor, mentally ill and addicts wandering wherever and whenever - even across busy Hastings. They were there for a reason.
Yes, I'm quite familiar with the Downtown Eastside. Used to ride the 135 from Burnaby to downtown. Such an interesting bus ride. I used to think a lot about Tom Waits' spoken word piece "9th and Hennepin" while riding that bus as the neighbourhoods changed from Burnaby to East Van to downtown. I always thought someone should write a song about that line.

Last edited:
Again, who's minding the kids while he's out partying? I don't remember seeing Renata in the airport clip. Just very curious.
I haven't seen the video but maybe the woman with her back to the camera is Renata?
image.jpg

Maybe he left the TV on and let the bell hop deal with them like in the movie Four Rooms.

Apparently Renata did travel with him, so I guess she sat in the hotel room with the kids and he went out and got hammered in a bar with 20 year old kids. The only thing that changes for Renata is the scenery.

http://legaltree.ca/node/908

The Criminal Code, R.S.C. 1985, c. C-46 [Criminal Code] imposes a general prohibition on interception (recording) of private communications, but then provides an exception where one of the parties to the private communication consents to the interception of that communication. Thus, broadly speaking, Canadians can legally record their own conversations with other people, but not other peoples' conversations that they are not involved in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back