97     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 454     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 996     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...p_for_mayors_drug_addiction_book_reveals.html

“He still thinks he’s going to party,” Renata Ford told a confidant in a Tim Horton’s parking lot outside Etobicoke. “He thinks that he, oh, you know, ‘I’ll get off the pills, but I’m not giving up the blow.’”

That conversation, which the Star’s Robyn Doolittle heard on a recording, is one of several newly uncovered details from her book Crazy Town: The Rob Ford Story, to be released Monday. It raises new questions about Ford’s substance abuse and offers further insight on the inner circle that tried to get him help.

After speaking with Renata on Thursday, Ford’s lawyer Dennis Morris said the conversation never happened.

“She doesn’t know any male person that she’d be in a car with at Tim Hortons,” Morris said. “So she denies that she’s said whatever’s alleged.”

Wow, this could be the time Ford finally sues someone!

Just kidding.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...p_for_mayors_drug_addiction_book_reveals.html

“He still thinks he’s going to party,” Renata Ford told a confidant in a Tim Horton’s parking lot outside Etobicoke. “He thinks that he, oh, you know, ‘I’ll get off the pills, but I’m not giving up the blow.’”

That conversation, which the Star’s Robyn Doolittle heard on a recording, is one of several newly uncovered details from her book Crazy Town: The Rob Ford Story, to be released Monday. It raises new questions about Ford’s substance abuse and offers further insight on the inner circle that tried to get him help.

After speaking with Renata on Thursday, Ford’s lawyer Dennis Morris said the conversation never happened.

“She doesn’t know any male person that she’d be in a car with at Tim Hortons,” Morris said. “So she denies that she’s said whatever’s alleged.”

Wow, this could be the time Ford finally sues someone!

Just kidding.

Speculation disclaimer here: It's not hard to imagine that the person referred to as "John" in the excerpt from Doolittle's book is none other than Scott McIntyre.

I think I saw Renata in some of the pics on CP24 this morning, very quickly. Still, where's Doug? Isn't he Price's bestie? And why the hell would Price go to a club with Ford, knowing his issues with addiction? When a huge guy in a suit who's in his 40s shows up at a club, people notice. When he's Rob Ford, even more so.

I wonder if the media is camped outside his hotel now that they know where he's staying.

Speculation disclaimer here: It's not hard to imagine that the person referred to as "John" in the excerpt from Doolittle's book is none other than Scott McIntyre.

It's interesting that hotmail lawyer mentioned a male confidant because until his quote, nothing indicates whether or not said confidant is male or female.

However, it is possible that info was provided to Renata, Rob, and the lawyer. Also, as a middle aged female I can think of many male friends I'd be more than happy to sit and chat with in a parking lot at Timmie's.

That line really sums up Renata's fear and isolation to me, as in it is perfectly okay for Rob to routinely party with barely legal women yet she's too terrified to have coffee with a male friend.

I think I saw Renata in some of the pics on CP24 this morning, very quickly. Still, where's Doug? Isn't he Price's bestie? And why the hell would Price go to a club with Ford, knowing his issues with addiction? When a huge guy in a suit who's in his 40s shows up at a club, people notice. When he's Rob Ford, even more so.

I wonder if the media is camped outside his hotel now that they know where he's staying.

Yeah really. So many questions and no answers from the source. It's like that with everything he does.

It's interesting that hotmail lawyer mentioned a male confidant because until his quote, nothing indicates whether or not said confidant is male or female.

However, it is possible that info was provided to Renata, Rob, and the lawyer. Also, as a middle aged female I can think of many male friends I'd be more than happy to sit and chat with in a parking lot at Timmie's.

That line really sums up Renata's fear and isolation to me, as in it is perfectly okay for Rob to routinely party with barely legal women yet she's too terrified to have coffee with a male friend.

That stuck out as weird to me too. I'm a married woman, and have a ton of male friends. Sometimes I really feel for her. The things I've heard about their relationship scares me, especially the threats to her if she ever spoke about their issues. I wish someone would step in and get her and their children help. That's the part of this entire situation that makes me incredibly sad. I don't envy them living in that environment.

Ford's reply exhibits his classic persecution complex and ability only to speak in sports related terms: “They went out of their way to do this. I said I support you guys. Did you arrest me because I am a Broncos fan?”

That quote says more about Rob Ford than anything I've read lately.

The eyewitness says Ford called the cop a "B" (he censors for the camera earlier when saying "F'd up") but the written report, directly below upgrades it to "officer", completely removing a major element of the story, that pro-frontline cops Rob Ford called an officer a Bitch. Global News should be ashamed.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1122528/b...vancouver-for-jaywalking-public-intoxication/

Correction: This article was has been updated. A previous version stated that Toronto Mayor Rob Ford was ticketed with jaywalking and public intoxication on Friday, Jan. 31, 2014. A witness at the scene claimed Ford stated he was ticketed for public intoxication. The witness has since retracted that statement. Ford was ticketed with jaywalking, but has since denied he was ticketed with public intoxication. Global News regrets the error.

Quite a bit of spin control going on here. I wonder what the witness at the scene was threatened with in order to get him to retract his statement.

I wish someone would step in and get her and their children help. That's the part of this entire situation that makes me incredibly sad. I don't envy them living in that environment.

Totally completely, absolutely unfounded but I would love to find out that recording was made by her brother, father, or another family member.

Before Ford any mayor getting cited for public intoxication would be done. This barely registers a blip. Is this the new norm (ie. will the behaviour of other politicians now be judged against this new lowered bar) or is it just him?

Make no mistake, Rob Ford IS done. If the vote was tomorrow he'd lose. There is more to be reported that is coming out slowly, and the high likelihood of an arrest.

That's not to mention the fact that he is obviously back to abusing substances openly with a cavalier attitude, which is only going to add more crap to the pile. Rob Ford can continue to use his Jedi Mind Tricks to convey a fools narrative to the ardent members of his base. Make no mistake that his sole competition is to keep that base from dropping. That base as it stands is already woefully inadequate to lead to a win now, or in October. He is not going to be increasing his list of supporters under any circumstances at this point, and things are going to get worse from here on in.

Right now its all about strapping in and riding with the trainwreck until his inevitable demise in October. How we get there is the only thing up in the air at this point, and I for one am watching with great interest!

I don't think the bar has been lowered. We won't have to worry about another Rob Ford, because the loophole that has allowed him to keep his greasy fingers clutching the office will be closed the second he is gone.

Wrong:

Fear and isolation?

Renata is a Sagittarian--we never fear nobody!

Let's be honest: Rob Ford is having more fun than any of us geeks at UT.

A. You don't know much about life if you think a morbidly obese, cross addicted mid-40s man with a serious personality disorder can be said to be 'having fun'.

B. Why do you like trolling this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back