431     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 946     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you people are giving Urban dreamer's silly opinions, way more attention then they deserve. Let him talk to himself and continue his Ford cheerleading, if that's what turns his crank. To try to have a serious debate about it, is just a waste of time. UD is not here for serious debate, he's here to provoke a response and see how far he can go with it. You guys/gals haven't figured that out yet?

^Which is my point. Minus RF Robyn Doolittle would be a nobody.

Ah, how I love a good laugh with my Saturday coffee and reading. Doolittle had proven her skills as editor at Ryerson and was top notch journo material.

I know ppl that have known RF all his life. He has always been like he is ... a classic jock personality.

Thankfully jocks have changed since he was in high school.

Journalists, like real estate agents, leach off of the elite and exploit the common man. Which is the main reason I wll never be either of them.

OK UD, now this is pushing my limits - you are starting to sound like a ford apologist. Good journalism, which is what I believe the star has for the most part been doing here - is by no means leaching. Daniel Dale, Robyn Doolittle, Kevin Donovan are not getting rich off of these stories. If there were in it for the money they would be doing something else.

Last edited:
Um, I thought this was North Road in Coquitlam, not North Road in Port Coquitlam. Coq and PoCo are two different cities. And Lougheed (the cross street) is a) a highway and b) goes through coquitlam.

You wanna meet 5000 Ford apologists? I will introduce you to them if you are serious. These people are the silent majority. They don't have time to rant on online forums.

I know all about the star's journalism--my 'rents wrote for that damn rag!

If you paid attention to various online rankings you'd see how everytime a RF story runs the TS's ratings shoot up. Actually this happens on UT too. I really wonder if the media layoffs would have much worse without this story?

I can't stand RF; but what I can't stand even more is the thought of Toronto w/o Rob Ford: I fear it would bore me.:)

Really? The Ford's are making me sick. When this is over I never want to think of the vile pigs again. And it's disturbing that ford nation even exists.

BfZW1SJCIAINeco.jpg

Oh and btw, North Rd in PoCo is really like saying Rob Ford was caught crossing Trafalgar Road in Oakville at 2am ... ie hardly any traffic. It's suburban hell not urban Vancouver.

Vancouver Sun writer disagrees with you.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/To...jaywalking+Metro+Vancouver/9456875/story.html

Embattled Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's quiet personal trip to Metro Vancouver for a funeral set the Canadian Twitterverse on fire late Friday night after he was written up for jaywalking near a busy Coquitlam thoroughfare.

Not sure what difference it makes, anyway. It would be illegal regardless of how much traffic there was.

You wanna meet 5000 Ford apologists? I will introduce you to them if you are serious. These people are the silent majority. They don't have time to rant on online forums.

I know all about the star's journalism--my 'rents wrote for that damn rag!

If you paid attention to various online rankings you'd see how everytime a RF story runs the TS's ratings shoot up. Actually this happens on UT too. I really wonder if the media layoffs would have much worse without this story?

Reporters are not getting rich off of these stories.

Just for the record, scurrilous or not, I seem to remember someone on UT a few years ago trying to
"out" urbandreamer as a drug dealer or something. *If* there was truth to that rumour, it may explain his positioning here...

and the rankings shot up when 9/11 happened, and when Kennedy was shot, and when Princess Di was killed, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc
Jesus, man: its called NEWS, FFS.
that's why we call them NEWS papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back