News   Jul 17, 2024
 933     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx.

I am pro calling a spade a spade. Rob Ford is entertaining. Put him out of office and I guarantee a whole bunch of Toronto journos will be put out to pasture too.
Hardly. Robyn Doolittle's own profile, for one, is likely to be securely vaulted into a whole other realm of accomplishment and public consciousness. As for the other journos who've been covering the hot mess called the Ford Mayoralty, they will most certainly keep their jobs. Post-Ford, life in Toronto will seem comparativley stable - dull, even. The media folks will still be around, covering the city issues of the day; many folks won't bother to read 'em as much.

Whereas right now? Nothing makes news like a rolling disaster.

And Rob Ford is not having fun. Rob Ford is busy slowly imploding.

^Which is my point. Minus RF Robyn Doolittle would be a nobody. I've noticed a trend amongst Toronto's journalists: milk RF for all he's worth than get that cushy promotion. Hypocrisy perhaps?

I know ppl that have known RF all his life. He has always been like he is ... a classic jock personality.

^Which is my point. Minus RF Robyn Doolittle would be a nobody. I've noticed a trend amongst Toronto's journalists: milk RF for all he's worth than get that cushy promotion. Hypocrisy perhaps?

I know ppl that have known RF all his life. He has always been like he is ... a classic jock personality.

Because no journalist in the history of journalism has ever made a career off of a politician's nonsense. What is it you think journalists do?

Right. Because her impending superstardom has nothing at all to do with her own journalistic abilities.

Journalists, like real estate agents, leach off of the elite and exploit the common man. Which is the main reason I wll never be either of them.

Yes, life would be so much better if politicians could do whatever they wanted without voters aka taxpayers aka news followers knowing what they are doing. Also, I thought the elites were the ones targeting Ford and that the journalists covering him were "elite media". Which is it?

Let's remember that Doolittle did not "go after" this story, it came to her. She kept her mouth shut and handled the story well and deserves the attention she's getting. City hall reporters will still be around long after RoFo leaves office, although their jobs may get a little boring.

Seems like UD is sharing a little of his philoso-- oh I mean misogyny...

No. I wish Robyn Doolittle well in life. In fact I wonder why she hasn't moved to CNN or FOX news already?

The Sun and The Star are both tabloids--any paper that is mostly advertising is not a serious newspaper.:D

Let me repeat what I always say:

The Sun is for those that don't know how to read; The Star is for those learning how to read (English), The National Post is for those that know how to read but don't know how to think and the Globe and Mail is for those that know how to think but don't have time to read.

Wait a minute. You seriously consider the Toronto Star to be journalism?

From my "common" perspective, the elite are those with the time and/or money to pursue the mundane and promote the mediocre. ;)

Oh man, please just stop. its clear you have no absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

You're haven't been paying attention: fine. Admit it, and move on. There's really no point to you posting here.

UD: your condemnation of Doolittle is unduly harsh and contains more than a whiff of jealousy; your contention that she would otherwise be a nobody is specious. As for your so-called "trend amongst Toronto journalists" - laughable! Come on man, they're media people. They follow the news - that's the gig. You criticize them because they're performing their jobs? Sounds awfully like Doug Ford and his faux-victim's whine that the media are always to blame. A lazy-headed, pathetic dodge if ever there was one.

Finally, your slamming of jocks is duly noted but your issues with jocks in general have no bearing on what Rob Ford's real issues are. Plenty of athletic people see no need to drink and snort their faces off, lie constantly and play the victim card every chance they get.

The Sun and The Star are both tabloids--any paper that is mostly advertising is not a serious newspaper.:D

Let me repeat what I always say:

The Sun is for those that don't know how to read; The Star is for those learning how to read (English), The National Post is for those that know how to read but don't know how to think and the Globe and Mail is for those that know how to think but don't have time to read.

Total BS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back