877     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.1K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 517     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christmas 2013, maybe. I'd love to see him try making it to Christmas 2017. Misogynistic troglodytes have short life spans. Negative energy destroys the body, mind, and soul. RoFoMoFo is just drunk on negative energy.

Norm Wilner ‏@wilnervision 2h
The instant Rob Ford declares an emergency, Norm Kelly takes over and Rob is shut out. Is that why Rob hasn't declared an emergency?

hmmm....

I see Amin Massoudi is back tweeting again. Wonder where he crawled out from.

He's going full bore on the positive spin and especially loves the bobblehead story. Wonder if it was his idea?

Norm Kelly was interviewed by CP24 earlier this morning. He said that there is a back up generator at the emergency station but that 311 can't handle all the calls. He sounded like he was scrambling to get info, like saying message the city on facebook, lol, but at least he wasn't giving contradictory information like Moron Ford.

Meanwhile Ford "tours" Sunnybrook Hospital which is running on backup generators (as is Toronto East General), wha?! I suspect he doesn't want to give up his powers so won't declare an emergency, even though 300K house holds (nearly 1/3rd of the city) are without power and rising as winds pick up a bit and temperatures begin to drop. Hydro ("this storm is catastrophic") are getting repairs done but trees and lines are dropping quicker now and they are not making headway. Not to mention numerous subway stations closed, all streetcar routes replaced by buses (that must be a party), Sheppard line down along with the SRT.
All's well folks, nothing to see here, move on. He's such an idiot.

How is this not an emergency? I live in Scarborough, we got hammered, no not *that* kind of hammered, but we have tree limbs and wires down all over, it's impossible to get through to Hydro, and we will be without power for 3 days. Kelly said he has been calling various levels of government and Wynne, in particular, said she is ready to help but Ford refuses and says the city is handling it well. I haven't seen a single hydro truck or tree service all day. He doesn't want to call it an emergency because once he does, the power goes to Kelley. He doesn't want Wynne's help because he doesn't like her. This is EXACTLY what people were worried about with him and now it's happened.

How is this not an emergency? I live in Scarborough, we got hammered, no not *that* kind of hammered, but we have tree limbs and wires down all over, it's impossible to get through to Hydro, and we will be without power for 3 days. Kelly said he has been calling various levels of government and Wynne, in particular, said she is ready to help but Ford refuses and says the city is handling it well. I haven't seen a single hydro truck or tree service all day. He doesn't want to call it an emergency because once he does, the power goes to Kelly. He doesn't want Wynne's help because he doesn't like her. This is EXACTLY what people were worried about with him and now it's happened.

How is this not an emergency? I live in Scarborough, we got hammered, no not *that* kind of hammered, but we have tree limbs and wires down all over, it's impossible to get through to Hydro, and we will be without power for 3 days. Kelly said he has been calling various levels of government and Wynne, in particular, said she is ready to help but Ford refuses and says the city is handling it well. I haven't seen a single hydro truck or tree service all day. He doesn't want to call it an emergency because once he does, the power goes to Kelly. He doesn't want Wynne's help because he doesn't like her. This is EXACTLY what people were worried about with him and now it's happened.

Tell your Ford supporting neighbours that Rob Ford cares more about holding onto his last thread of power rather than putting the interests of Torontonians first and enacting the City of Toronto's Emergency plan.

SharkDancing ‏@SharkDancing 57m

#TOpoli let that sink in "@shelleycarroll Actual Toronto persons now wout power incl apartment-dwellers: 1 million. #darkTO #icestorm2013"
People living in apartments weren't counted before?

If they were counting "customers" before, then I suppose an entire apt building would be a single "customer".

Only if it isn't metered per unit I would think. Mine is, so we have 182 customers in our building. How many rentals in TO are hydro included? Can't be that many.

The best thing Ford has said today is he was unable to have a shower this morning because his house lost power. Apparently he is unaware that you don't need electricity to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back