1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 655     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Mayor Rob Ford MIA during morning of storm recovery"
http://bit.ly/1cgXc8h

Did he not say that he had toured Sunnybrook that morning? I wonder if anyone confirmed that?!

He was shown on the news shaking hands with staff and patents at Sunnybrook, probably smacking Rob Ford magnets on X-ray and imaging machines and he toured around. Useless goof.

Frankly I wasn't awfully impressed by Norm Kelly either. He seemed overwhelmed, he wasn't answering questions correctly and was lacking any type of confidence or leadership qualities - nor that he had much control or a whole lot of information about what was going on along with plans-in-place. Toronto Hydro just announced that thousands could remain in the dark toward the end of the week now, well past the Christmas Day scenario.

Imagine these two if there was a devastating event in the city? Nuclear fallout from a Pickering accident blows toward Toronto and Ford busily hands out business cards to men and women in white protective suits (potential voters). Scary.

He advised that his wife and kids are safely at home and they plan on going to a hotel somewhere (CTV news, 6pm), then went on to say, and I quote, "...the city is my second most important priority" (paraphrasing). See it for yourself. Stunning. He babbled on about "sure, a few trees are blocking the roads..." and goes on to encourage people to go to someone's home who has power and heat if possible - yet Metro Police area asking people to stay off the roads except unless absolutely necessary.

He's going to get his butt NAILED on this.

Edit: here's the link I referenced above, watch the whole sh*t-show interview if you have time (4 or 5 mins.), or can get through it without breaking something, or go to the 4:00 minute mark to hear his stunning comments about the city being his "second most important priority" -
http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.1604802

It's incredible how lame he is. Tommy Shanks of SCTV, right there. He can't even fake being competent for a couple minutes.

...go to the 4:00 minute mark to hear his stunning comments about the city being his "second most important priority"...

So what's his first most important priority? His crack dealer? It's sure as hell not his wife and kids.

Imagine these two if there was a devastating event in the city? Nuclear fallout from a Pickering accident blows toward Toronto and Ford busily hands out business cards to men and women in white protective suits (potential voters). Scary.

It's just as well Toronto has the system it does for local government. No matter how incompetent the Mayor is, things still get done in the event of an emergency.

Even so, it's simply breath-taking the way Ford waddles into the midst of any situation that has television cameras pointed at it, and snatches as much credit as he possibly can for whatever clean up's taking place, even when he demonstrably has nothing to do with it. Utterly shameless.

So what's his first most important priority? His crack dealer? It's sure as hell not his wife and kids.

It's just as well Toronto has the system it does for local government. No matter how incompetent the Mayor is, things still get done in the event of an emergency.

Even so, it's simply breath-taking the way Ford waddles into the midst of any situation that has television cameras pointed at it, and snatches as much credit as he possibly can for whatever clean up's taking place, even when he demonstrably has nothing to do with it. Utterly shameless.

Maybe Rob considers his own wife as "incompetent" to take care of his family while he's out of the home? Someone should be able to care of his kids (like his wife, nanny, grandparent), since I don't think Rob is "competent" enough to do even that.

I dare say midtown is a bit of a disaster zone. A few trees down? He's bloody wasted, the goof. There were areas that didn't have mobile signal, not to mention roads that won't be clear til Friday. Power lines down on every street.

Rob Ford: drunk again.

Regarding declaring a "State of Emergency".

From what I understand - I could be wrong, I'm not an expert - the only time a State of Emergency has been declared under the City of Toronto Act ( 2006 ) was during the mass shooting ( apparently the worst in Toronto's history ) on Danzig St. in Scarborough in July, 2012.

Toronto Paramedics ( already on 12-hour shifts ), were ordered onto mandated overtime, and Toronto requested Paramedics from Durham and York regions to respond as back-up.

Yes you guys are just silly ... seriously ... I hate Ford as much as the next guy, but your just nitpicking ... do read more about what a state of emergency implies ... its completely unnecessary in this scenario ... Ford or not ...

Wasn't there a state of emergency when Mel Lastman called in the army?
It is always better to err on the side of caution. If declaring a state of emergency will get extra help to clear the roads and restore power to epole then we should do it. The temperature is going to be very cold tonight. If they have to live with that for 5 possible days (until the weekend as the Hydro chief said), then that is a state of emergency. They may not have running water as well.

Heh, I had to go to a wedding when Lastman called in the army, had to walk through knee deep snow

I think Toronto/Vaughan etc... residents should be happy that the Mayors didn't take off for a sunny vacation before the storm started.......cause I thought that was going to happen

Wasn't there a state of emergency when Mel Lastman called in the army?
It is always better to err on the side of caution. If declaring a state of emergency will get extra help to clear the roads and restore power to epole then we should do it. The temperature is going to be very cold tonight. If they have to live with that for 5 possible days (until the weekend as the Hydro chief said), then that is a state of emergency. They may not have running water as well.

Yes he called the army, and Toronto became the butt of jokes in the rest of Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back