3.9K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 655     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if it isn't metered per unit I would think. Mine is, so we have 182 customers in our building. How many rentals in TO are hydro included? Can't be that many.

For what it's worth hydro IS included in the rent where I live (a large high rise). Not metered separately.

I think the other discrepancy between "customer" and "people" is that each household only has one customer regardless of inhabitants. So a family of four in a house is one customer but four people without power.

The best thing Ford has said today is he was unable to have a shower this morning because his house lost power. Apparently he is unaware that you don't need electricity to do that.

Well, in the event of a blackout, you'll have hot water initially, but your electric water heater will not be heating water after a while. The last time there was a blackout in winter lasting more than a day (about 5 years ago, around New Year's, IIRC), there was definitely no more hot water after a certain point.

The best thing Ford has said today is he was unable to have a shower this morning because his house lost power. Apparently he is unaware that you don't need electricity to do that.

The ignition, that replaced pilot lights, needs electricity.

However, even without electricity available in his own house, its not an emergency. He still has his car, which he drove all day today (to keep warm).

Snap shot of affected areas. https://twitter.com/CarinavanHeyst/status/414962122200584192/photo/1
power outage.jpg

Attachments

• power outage.jpg
    power outage.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 463
He advised that his wife and kids are safely at home and they plan on going to a hotel somewhere (CTV news, 6pm), then went on to say, and I quote, "...the city is my second most important priority" (paraphrasing). See it for yourself. Stunning. He babbled on about "sure, a few trees are blocking the roads..." and goes on to encourage people to go to someone's home who has power and heat if possible - yet Metro Police area asking people to stay off the roads except unless absolutely necessary.

He's going to get his butt NAILED on this.

Edit: here's the link I referenced above, watch the whole sh*t-show interview if you have time (4 or 5 mins.), or can get through it without breaking something, or go to the 4:00 minute mark to hear his stunning comments about the city being his "second most important priority" -
http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.1604802

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back