417     7 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 340     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 436     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH? Did you bother to read what I posted back in May? (see above) when I was calling for Ford to be arrested?

It is possible to bend over so far backwards to give the benefit of the doubt, that you end up with your head up your ass.

OH? Did you bother to read what I posted back in May? (see above) when I was calling for Ford to be arrested?

It's getting tired man. Why didn't they charge him with mischief? I dunno- but that's on a list of a good dozen or more criminal offences we know he committed for which he has not been charged. Maybe because he's the mayor of Toronto and they didn't like the optics. We also know he called 911 when a COMEDIAN was on his lawn but no charges there. But maybe you think he REALLY thought he was being assaulted by a Celtic warrior princess of some kind. By any objective measures, it was filing a false report.

And isn't it funny that in both these incidents he CLAIMS people were taking pictures of his kids and they're no where to be seen? Weird!

Oh, and let's not even get started on the multiple domestic calls to his house that didn't result in charges. I suppose we should also believe there's nothing to worry about there either. I'm sure it's just happy as can be in the Ford house when the media aren't sticking their noses in.

That doesn't even include the lies lies and more lies (for starters, changing his story about the kids; telling Black he hasn't missed a day at work in 13 years; etc. etc. etc.). He went on TV and called Dale a pedophile. Just deal with that.

Is that a fact? Did the video prove Ford a liar? If so how come police didn't charge Ford and his neighbor with public mischief (since we can be sure they told police the same story they told the media)?

For what it's worth. Some tweets I saw today: (Graham Parley was apparently a Toronto Star editor)

Graham Parley ‏@grahamparley
@BenSpurr the opposite. The police viewed the CCTV and categorically stated @ddale8 did not even approach the fence. Ford knows that.

Graham Parley ‏@grahamparley
@GraphicMatt You don't have to believe @ddale8. The police investigated and reported the truth with the aid of CCTV.

I don't know if police ever attempted to obtain the video and view its contents in attempt to verify if Ford was telling the truth.

Oh, they did. And it proved Ford either delusional or, sigh, lying again

And, Rob Ford claiming Mr. Dale was 'taking pictures of his kids' is about as valid in its veracity as his many other utterances this sad, past year. BTW, what Mr. Ford said tonight was about as close as you can get to slander and walk. It may, in fact, have edged over that line. IMO, it did. Anyway, TorStar lawyers are now apparently involved.

Edit: I see that others have beaten me to the punch. No surprise. Huntin' and a' peckin'. Just to add, several tweets have pointed to the CCTV exoneration angle. Peepers is likely fully aware of this.

Last edited:
It all depends on whether or not Ford actually saw Dale leaning over the fence taking pictures of his kids. Ford's version of events was backed up by his next door neighbor and I am sure that both Ford and his neighbor gave statements to this effect to police.

Police confirmed Dale didn't take a single picture and "found no evidence that Daniel Dale looked over Rob Ford’s fence, stepped onto his property or shot any photos or video, police investigators have decided not to charge the reporter for hanging around the mayor’s house last week." - http://www.torontolife.com/informer/toronto-politics/2012/05/09/daniel-dale-not-charged-rob-ford/

The story is fabricated (just like juice-tossing incident and probably others).

Police confirmed Dale didn't take a single picture and "found no evidence that Daniel Dale looked over Rob Ford’s fence, stepped onto his property or shot any photos or video, police investigators have decided not to charge the reporter for hanging around the mayor’s house last week." - http://www.torontolife.com/informer/toronto-politics/2012/05/09/daniel-dale-not-charged-rob-ford/

The story is fabricated (just like juice-tossing incident and probably others).

So in other words police discovered that Ford was lying. Again my point is why didn't police charge Ford with public mischief? This was a question that I raised back in May which was completely ignored. I find it funny that the local twitter-sphere is exploding tonight because "Ford insinuated Dale is a pedophile" and yet Ford was making the exact same insinuations back in May. Why didn't Dale take action back then?

I used to respect Conrad Black, but him giving that idiot Ford the time of day changes that. I thought he may have been smarter.

It's amazing that THIS is what put Conrad Black into your "Nope, don't respect him any more" books. Nevermind the fraud, embezzlement, obstruction of justice...

So in other words police discovered that Ford was lying. Again my point is why didn't police charge Ford with public mischief? This was a question that I raised back in May which was completely ignored. I find it funny that the local twitter-sphere is exploding tonight because "Ford insinuated Dale is a pedophile" and yet Ford was making the exact same insinuations back in May. Why didn't Dale take action back then?

He insinuated before that Dale was taking pictures and his kids were there.
Tonight he said, "I don't want to use that word..." implying Dale could have been (or is) a pedophile. In the heat of the moment it's possible the thought crossed his mind, I suppose. But now it's months later, he knows there were no pictures taken and knows Dale wasn't peeking over his fence. That's how you move from histrionic blather and lying to potential libel and lying.

So in other words police discovered that Ford was lying. Again my point is why didn't police charge Ford with public mischief?

I don't know Peepers, but I'm pretty sure it has to do with your brilliant theories about the conspiracies at TPS and/or Bill Blair's ineptitude. Why don't you just get straight to the point and do away with the rhetorical questions?

He insinuated before that Dale was taking pictures and his kids were there.
Tonight he said, "I don't want to use that word..." implying Dale could have been (or is) a pedophile. In the heat of the moment it's possible the thought crossed his mind, I suppose. But now it's months later, he knows there were no pictures taken and knows Dale wasn't peeking over his fence. That's how you move from histrionic blather and lying to potential libel and lying.

The worst part of this for me is Ford's insistence that it is the media that has dragged his family through the mud when, in fact, he has no qualms about using them as props when he feels it serves his needs politically. Not only does he drag his wife to stand humiliatingly by his side for his non-apology apology for having brought her into the fray, but now he's doing it with his children? Holy hell, his hypocrisy knows no bounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back