252     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 687     10 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 409     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
We also have a huge advantage with respect to administrative overhead (less insurance companies to deal with etc), and purchasing power. Not to mention the harder to measure benefits of having a healthier society. If Rob Ford were a fraction of the businessperson he thinks he is, he'd realize that it's better for business owners too!
The main thing about public systems like we have or the UK, France etc. is that you don't live in abject fear of expensive or chronic illness. The psychological weight of that among even well insured Americans is immense. Once you have a pre existing condition you are one layoff from unaffordable insurance or being flat out refused coverage.

The spectre of a big medical issue hangs over Americans like the sword of Damocles.

So Peepers, you on board with this? Or because this is so reprehensible and disgusting a lie, not even you will dare bend god's honest truth in its direction to defend Ford as cult hero?

Is it a worse lie than "I do not smoke crack cocaine. I am not an addict of crack cocaine. As for a video, I cannot comment on a video that I have not seen or that does not exist"??

That interview was mostly embarrassing for Black. Say what you will about the man (e.g. he's a convicted criminal! he hates when you mention that!) but he is not lacking in intellect. Yet there he is, sitting beside one of the biggest dolts in Canadian history, asking things like, "Gee, Robbie, I don't want to put words in your mouth or lead the witness or anything, but don't you think the media are really unfair?" There must have been 5 or 6 questions where he answered for Ford or gave him the right answer.

I caught five minutes of the interview on Vision. (all I could handle) and I was really struck by how yellow Fords teeth are. Is that from the crack?

So Peepers, you on board with this? Or because this is so reprehensible and disgusting a lie, not even you will dare bend god's honest truth in its direction to defend Ford as cult hero?

It all depends on whether or not Ford actually saw Dale leaning over the fence taking pictures of his kids. Ford's version of events was backed up by his next door neighbor and I am sure that both Ford and his neighbor gave statements to this effect to police.

At the time that this happened I was very skeptical of Ford's claim because photographic evidence proved that cinder blocks had been moved the next day to a spot next to the fence so as to bolster the claim.

As someone who calls things as I see it - I said at the time (on this forum) that police should review the security footage from the CCTV camera Ford had at the back of his house and that if the security video proved that Dale did not come near the fence that both Rob Ford and his next door neighbor should be charged with public mischief for giving false accusatory statements to police.

I don't know if police ever attempted to obtain the video and view its contents in attempt to verify if Ford was telling the truth. I thought that this is something that the STAR and Daniel Dale should have followed up on but they didn't ( I actually tweeted to Dale that he should have pursued charges against Ford and Dales response was to block me on twitter after which I gave up trying to defend him!).

Since no attempt was made at the time to prove that Ford was lying about seeing Dale - if we take Ford at his word that he is telling the truth about seeing Dale leaning over the fence taking pictures of his two kids - I don't think that Ford's comments should be seen as shocking or defamatory. I think any father who saw a stranger taking pictures of his kids in his back yard would immediately think the guy was a pedophile

It all depends on whether or not Ford actually saw Dale leaning over the fence taking pictures of his kids. Ford's version of events was backed up by his next door neighbor and I am sure that both Ford and his neighbor gave statements to this effect to police.

At the time that this happened I was very skeptical of Ford's claim because photographic evidence proved that cinder blocks had been moved the next day to a spot next to the fence so as to bolster the claim.

As someone who calls things as I see it - I said at the time (on this forum) that police should review the security footage from the CCTV camera Ford had at the back of his house and that if the security video proved that Dale did not come near the fence that both Rob Ford and his next door neighbor should be charged with public mischief for giving false accusatory statements to police.

I don't know if police ever attempted to obtain the video and view its contents in attempt to verify if Ford was telling the truth. I thought that this is something that the STAR and Daniel Dale should have followed up on but they didn't ( I actually tweeted to Dale that he should have pursued charges against Ford and Dales response was to block me on twitter after which I gave up trying to defend him!).

Since no attempt was made at the time to prove that Ford was lying about seeing Dale - if we take Ford at his word that he is telling the truth about seeing Dale leaning over the fence taking pictures of his two kids - I don't think that Ford's comments should be seen as shocking or defamatory. I think any father who saw a stranger taking pictures of his kids in his back yard would immediately think the guy was a pedophile

That is a hilarious bit of twisting yourself into knots, sir! Gee, it IS weird those blocks were moved and, OK, it's odd that one time Ford says the kids were doing homework and another time they were playing, but...he wasn't charged! You were sceptical?? Why else would the blocks be moved? How you can reconcile the idea that they were moved and that maybe Dale was up on them taking pictures??

What we have here is an irresponsible he said/he said in which there is one pathological liar and the guy he likes to call a pathological liar, who has never changed his story nor been caught lying about anything ever. How can one possibly know who is telling the truth here?

(I've consistently heard the CCTV shows Ford is a bald faced liar, just like the crack video does but, hey, let's give Rob benefit of the doubt. If the Boy Who Cried Wolf eventually saw a wolf, no reason Rob can't tell the truth one time!)

TJ ([B said:
I've consistently heard the CCTV shows Ford is a bald faced liar,[/B] just like the crack video does but, hey, let's give Rob benefit of the doubt. If the Boy Who Cried Wolf eventually saw a wolf, no reason Rob can't tell the truth one time!)

Is that a fact? Did the video prove Ford a liar? If so how come police didn't charge Ford and his neighbor with public mischief (since we can be sure they told police the same story they told the media)?

Here are my comments on this forum back in May when this story broke:

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/printthread.php?t=14268&pp=15&page=458

Peepers 2012-May-10, 01:43

Its very disappointing that Dale does not plan to lay charges if police won't (and we know the police are not going to charge Ford).

Dale says he just wants to get on with his job but how can he do that if the Mayor ignores his questions and threatens to blackball all City Hall media at any scrum where Dale appears (a promise Ford made good on with the latest weigh-in) ?

Worse than the initial encounter in the park - which can be considered an assault (and possession of stolen property if Ford made the call from the phone) is what happened afterwards.

Rob and Doug accused Dale of peeping over the fence and taking pictures. They made ugly insinuations essentially accusing Dale of being a deviant with interest in Rob Fords young children.

Rob Ford claimed that his neighbors saw Dale perched on cinder blocks taking pictures over the fence.

To reinforce this claim Rob Ford brought reporters to a spot behind his property to show off a stack of cinder blocks (re-arranged from the night before as caught on camera!)

Based on this claim by Rob Ford of illegality on the part of Daniel Dale, the police conducted what was essentially a peeping tom investigation. The Police investigator confirmed to Dale that if there had been evidence that Dale peered over the fence and took pictures he would have been charged !

According to the latest from the STAR the neighbors now refuse to confirm Fords allegations. Did the neighbors actually see Dale perched on cinder blocks peering over the fence taking pictures or did Rob Ford make this up?

This is no trivial question. The claim that Dale took pictures over the fence is essentially a claim that Dale committed a crime.

Police have reviewed the video and blackberry and have concluded that there is no evidence of a crime (the video in particular would be very conclusive).

In essence the Police have concluded that the allegations against Dale is false. It is a very serious criminal offense to falsely report a crime to police when no such crime has taken place. It is called public mischief and punishment can include up to five years imprisonment . Either Rob Ford or his neighbor MUST be charged with this offense.

From the criminal code of Canada:

Public mischief

140. (1) Every one commits public mischief who, with intent to mislead, causes a peace officer to enter on or continue an investigation by

(a) making a false statement that accuses some other person of having committed an offence;

(b) doing anything intended to cause some other person to be suspected of having committed an offence that the other person has not committed, or to divert suspicion from himself;

(c) reporting that an offence has been committed when it has not been committed; or

(d) reporting or in any other way making it known or causing it to be made known that he or some other person has died when he or that other person has not died.

Punishment

(2) Every one who commits public mischief

(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years; or

(b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

R.S., 1985, c. C-46, s. 140; R.S., 1985, c. 27 (1st Supp.), s. 19.

This is ridiculous. Of what value would photos of Ford's kids taken over a fence be to the Star? It's such obvious bullshit that no one hearing the claim with any sense would do anything more than laugh it off. Unless the inference is that dale is taking the photos for his own amusement, which is exponentially more ridiculous.

Also, did you say "taking Ford at his word" with a straight face?

LOL, I suppose he is going to say that the Police is a bunch of pervs observing him pee on a tree. Now what I *really* want to know is whether he completely depilate himself post-drug revelation.

AoD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back