4K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 662     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible that Ford was indeed something of an innocent bystander, but if nothing else, HE is the one with a lot of explaining to do in that regard. How is that he is mixed up with such a bunch of ... gangsters? Why did he lie so assiduously and repeatedly about things that now appear to be, or are indisputably, true (by Ford's own admission, in some cases)?

How can such incredible dishonesty still be rewarded with political support and confidence? Why does Ford not see that he lacks credibility entirely?

Most of these criminals are from families that came to Canada as refugees. For reason's I don't quite understand our political leaders in Ottawa felt that Canada had an "obligation" to grant asylum to the largest number of Somalia refugee's in the industrialized world! For instance the Somali diaspora in the United States is numbered at about 100,000. We have that many in Toronto alone! A casual look at crime reports would seem to indicate that at least 50% of the violent crimes including murder involve people from within this group. Of course none of this should come as any surprise. Somalia is the most lawless country in the world where piracy and extortion crimes are a way of life for many. Of all the places in the world why did they choose Canada - a country with a hostile winter climate - to settle? For the same reason that Minnesota is popular with them. Easy and very generous welfare benefits and social services.

Right!? As if we didn't help 'em enough!

Shidane_Arone.jpg

Attachments

• Shidane_Arone.jpg
    Shidane_Arone.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 423
With much of the ITO now public, I’m left with a seriously puzzling question:

Why is Rob Ford’s name in this ITO document at all??

Don’t get me wrong. I’m thoroughly relieved Ford has been exposed for who and what he really is. I think the man is utterly vile, and uniquely deserving of a public shaming.

But this is an important and easy to miss fact: the ITO serves precisely ONE legal function, and that is to obtain search warrants for Lisi’s vehicle and residence, and the Richview Cleaners commercial unit. That is all.

The search warrant application was made on Oct 2, 2013, which is one day after the Oct 1, 2013 arrest of Lisi and Bahrami (following their red-handed participation in an undercover drug buy). Immediately following these arrests, the ITO simply seeks permission to gather additional evidence on both men. End of story.

And none of this has anything to do with Rob Ford!

In fact, when you read the final pages of the ITO, which summarize grounds for the warrant applications, and the reasons to believe Lisi and Bahrami have committed offences, absolutely NONE of the sordid Rob Ford-related information contained elsewhere in the ITO is cited. Not one scrap of information on Winsdor Road, the crack video, the lost phone, the Bier Market, domestic abuse, drunk driving, manila envelopes, peeing in public, after-hours trips to TWDC, empty vodka bottles, rumours of prostitutes, etc., etc., etc. While all of this makes for an enlightening and amusing read, the detailed revelations of Ford’s personal problems brought zero substance to this application.

So why is it in there??

At the end of it all, Rob Ford is in fact no more or less a contributing factor to the grounds for this ITO than Mark Towhey, or George Christopolous, or Bruno Bellisimo, or any of the dozens of players touched by this bizarre drama. It pains me to say it, but in the absence of criminal charges, it seems Rob Ford’s lawyer is right: Ford is actually something of an innocent bystander in all of this; or worse, the target of a carefully orchestrated political drive-by. I mean, we essentially now have a 450-page unauthorized biography of this sad and damaged man, courtesy of investigators at the Toronto Police Services.

So I ask again: Why is Rob Ford’s name in this ITO document?? Because if Ford isn’t charged, then I think the police have a lot of explaining to do.
Good point

Maybe I have tougher views on crimes since my friend was brutally murdered on Queen and Portland. Yes, Maybe I do.

I'm sorry for your loss and your grief, and i understand where your frustration is coming from.

Just wish I had even an inkling of an answer.

Joe Warmington's appearance on CNN with Jack Tapper

Joe tackles the political conspiracy angle and he cites the G20 aftermath as an example of how "Chief William Sterling Blair" will not be held accountable for his actions (i.e. failure to charge Ford with a crime) as this "is not like the U.S. " where public officials are actually held to account (if Blair was the Chief of an American Police force he would have been fired long ago).

"...where public officials are actually held to account..."

I'll say it again: we're being trolled. Stop arguing with Peepers. Peepers is a troll. Could be Joe Warmington, I don't care either way.

Just for Fun:

We all came out to Dixon,
On Western edge of Tobico.
To score drugs with abandon,
We didn't have much time.

But Elena Johnson and Fab Basso,
Were at the best place around,
But some stupid with a cell camera,
Burned the Mayor to the ground.
Smoke on the Dugga, Mayor Ford is effing high.
Smoke on the Dugga...

They burned down the Mayors crackhouse,
It died with an awful sound.
Police Sirens all around,
Pulling kids to the ground.

When it all was over,
We had to find another place.
But crack time was running out,
It seemed that we would lose the race.
Smoke on the dugga, Mayor Ford is effing highy.
Smoke on the dugga...

We ended up at the Garrison Balll.
It was empty cold and bare.
But with the bouncer outside sayiing "you're to high",
Mayor Ford couldn't party inside.

Run a few red lights, drink some shots while driving,
We made a place to sweat.
No matter what we get out of this,
I know I know we'll never forget.
Smoke on the dugga, Mayor Ford is effing high.
Smoke on the Dugga...

Last edited:
Tell that to Rob Ford. Ted Bundy was a very intelligent guy that could have done anything with his life, but he decided to kill several women. And what about the majority of poor people that don't commit serious crimes? There is no excuse to get involved in criminal activity -- some people just need to work harder for their successes than others. Life is unfair.

You have signally missed the point rightwingSUVdriver was making here. You'd be better off going back to making fun of Wynne's appearance - you'd still be wrong (why is her appearance and sexuality such an issue for you?) but at least we know not to bother even reading those posts.

Peeper (or is that Pepper, for the "seasoning" you give to the facts):

(Redacted so I dont get banned from Urban Toronto.)

Statistics are like polls, they are often incomplete, and prejudiced, giving only an opinion, a suggestion by those collecting the "numbers".

From Warren Kinsella:

DEAR CHIEF BLAIR
December 5th, 2013, 9:00 am
Dear Chief Blair:

Other folks want to canonize you as a saint. I’ve never felt that way, for various reasons.

Another reason: your guys had the goods on Rob Ford six ways to Sunday. Schedule One narcotic use and possession (as he’s admitted); extortion (threatening the power of his office to get back the cell phone with drug connections on it); participation in a criminal organization (the new offence created, ironically enough, by his pal Stephen Harper).

As others have said, correctly, if a poor non-white kid had been implicated in just one of the above-noted crimes, they’d still be in jail.

But Rob Ford? Again: you had him, and you let him go. Why is that?

When Toronto gets a new mayor – and if you’re still around, which I increasingly tend to doubt – get ready for some tough questions, Chief. There’ll be plenty of them.

Sincerely,

Warren Kinsella, LL.B

P.S. The questions will be directed at the Crown Attorney’s Office, too. They’ve been as negligent as you, perhaps more so. Kathleen Wynne’s maladroit Attorney-General will need to answer for that, I think.

So I ask again: Why is Rob Ford’s name in this ITO document?? Because if Ford isn’t charged, then I think the police have a lot of explaining to do.

ITO report was for Project Brazen 2. The target of PB2 was Alexander (Sandro) Lisi. Sandro and Robert Ford became known to police in the course of Project Traveller and subsequently Project Brazen. Project Brazen 2 was a branch off project of Project Brazen.

There are no public documents released in regards to Project Brazen.

From Warren Kinsella:

DEAR CHIEF BLAIR
December 5th, 2013, 9:00 am
Dear Chief Blair:

Other folks want to canonize you as a saint. I’ve never felt that way, for various reasons.

Another reason: your guys had the goods on Rob Ford six ways to Sunday. Schedule One narcotic use and possession (as he’s admitted); extortion (threatening the power of his office to get back the cell phone with drug connections on it); participation in a criminal organization (the new offence created, ironically enough, by his pal Stephen Harper).

As others have said, correctly, if a poor non-white kid had been implicated in just one of the above-noted crimes, they’d still be in jail.

But Rob Ford? Again: you had him, and you let him go. Why is that?

When Toronto gets a new mayor – and if you’re still around, which I increasingly tend to doubt – get ready for some tough questions, Chief. There’ll be plenty of them.

Sincerely,

Warren Kinsella, LL.B

P.S. The questions will be directed at the Crown Attorney’s Office, too. They’ve been as negligent as you, perhaps more so. Kathleen Wynne’s maladroit Attorney-General will need to answer for that, I think.

I think it's too soon for this kind of talk. We only know a fraction of what the police knows, and until it becomes apparent how this all ends, I'd rather give them the benefit of the doubt than start lobbing molotovs.

ITO report was for Project Brazen 2. The target of PB2 was Alexander (Sandro) Lisi. Sandro and Robert Ford became known to police in the course of Project Traveller and subsequently Project Brazen. Project Brazen 2 was a branch off project of Project Brazen.

There are no public documents released in regards to Project Brazen.

Hmm........I have a different recollection. Project Brazen was an entirely different investigation having nothing to do with Ford or Lisi.

Target for Brazen 2 is Ford and/or Lisi, wherever the evidence will lead.

I have wondered why Ford's name is all over the ITO, but I also think this is a work in progress. There is way more to come, hopefully!:))

Hmm........I have a different recollection. Project Brazen was an entirely different investigation having nothing to do with Ford or Lisi.

Correct. Project Brazen and Brazen 2 are completely unrelated according to Toronto Star's explanation of events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back