News   Jun 24, 2024
 907     0 
News   Jun 24, 2024
 568     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
With much of the ITO now public, I’m left with a seriously puzzling question:

Why is Rob Ford’s name in this ITO document at all??

Don’t get me wrong. I’m thoroughly relieved Ford has been exposed for who and what he really is. I think the man is utterly vile, and uniquely deserving of a public shaming.

But this is an important and easy to miss fact: the ITO serves precisely ONE legal function, and that is to obtain search warrants for Lisi’s vehicle and residence, and the Richview Cleaners commercial unit. That is all.

The search warrant application was made on Oct 2, 2013, which is one day after the Oct 1, 2013 arrest of Lisi and Bahrami (following their red-handed participation in an undercover drug buy). Immediately following these arrests, the ITO simply seeks permission to gather additional evidence on both men. End of story.

And none of this has anything to do with Rob Ford!

In fact, when you read the final pages of the ITO, which summarize grounds for the warrant applications, and the reasons to believe Lisi and Bahrami have committed offences, absolutely NONE of the sordid Rob Ford-related information contained elsewhere in the ITO is cited. Not one scrap of information on Winsdor Road, the crack video, the lost phone, the Bier Market, domestic abuse, drunk driving, manila envelopes, peeing in public, after-hours trips to TWDC, empty vodka bottles, rumours of prostitutes, etc., etc., etc. While all of this makes for an enlightening and amusing read, the detailed revelations of Ford’s personal problems brought zero substance to this application.

So why is it in there??

At the end of it all, Rob Ford is in fact no more or less a contributing factor to the grounds for this ITO than Mark Towhey, or George Christopolous, or Bruno Bellisimo, or any of the dozens of players touched by this bizarre drama. It pains me to say it, but in the absence of criminal charges, it seems Rob Ford’s lawyer is right: Ford is actually something of an innocent bystander in all of this; or worse, the target of a carefully orchestrated political drive-by. I mean, we essentially now have a 450-page unauthorized biography of this sad and damaged man, courtesy of investigators at the Toronto Police Services.

So I ask again: Why is Rob Ford’s name in this ITO document?? Because if Ford isn’t charged, then I think the police have a lot of explaining to do.

I've been wondering this off and on for awhile too. The contents of the ITO don't seem to match its stated purpose, at all. The why of that really hasn't come clear for me yet.

Hmm........I have a different recollection. Project Brazen was an entirely different investigation having nothing to do with Ford or Lisi.

Target for Brazen 2 is Ford and/or Lisi, wherever the evidence will lead.

I have wondered why Ford's name is all over the ITO, but I also think this is a work in progress. There is way more to come, hopefully!:))

I hope you're right that there's more to come, but I'm skeptical.

My theory is that police collected this info on Ford hoping it would lead them somewhere it ultimately didn't. Nonetheless, they wanted the public to better understand who the Mayor really is, i.e. a reckless individual peripherally associated (via drugs) with a dangerous criminal organization that the police are trying to dismantle. Perhaps stacking the Lisi/Bahrami ITO gave them that opportunity, as otherwise this information may never have seen the light of day.

And that's where I'm so conflicted. Though I'm glad the public better understands Ford's true character, this all sets a rather dangerous precedent that the Police can air your dirty laundry even where there are no charges.

Might they have used all that is detailed in the ITO to obtain warrants to search Ford's house, vehicle, office, and perhaps Deco and his mother's house? Then their intentions and target might have seemed more focused. Their investigation does show Ford to have multiple criminal ties and that much questionable activity was spinning out from his bumbling. He and his behaviors are clearly the catalyst for this expensive investigation, so why not request searches on his spaces? But it is probably much more difficult to receive permission to search the wealthy family of a political leader than to search a drug dealer living with his parents and a dry-cleaner. That selective reach of justice thing again.

My theory is that police collected this info on Ford hoping it would lead them somewhere it ultimately didn't. Nonetheless, they wanted the public to better understand who the Mayor really is, i.e. a reckless individual peripherally associated (via drugs) with a dangerous criminal organization that the police are trying to dismantle. Perhaps stacking the Lisi/Bahrami ITO gave them that opportunity, as otherwise this information may never have seen the light of day.

And that's where I'm so conflicted. Though I'm glad the public better understands Ford's true character, this all sets a rather dangerous precedent that the Police can air your dirty laundry even where there are no charges.

I think you just explained the scenario that I was considering in my head. If that's true than honestly I'm morally ok with that. What else were they (the police) supposed to do? Just move on pretending that the Mayor of the city hadn't become embroiled in snakes nest of dangerous gun and drug dealing gang members? Pretend that he hadn't completely and utterly compromised his office? Instead they found a way to present the facts to the public at which time public opinion took over and then ultimately the democratic process (via council).

I guess if you're a public elected official and you don't want to be exposed as a drug addict that hangs with gang members in crack houses you could simply... not do that.

Last edited:
*plucks banjo*

(To be sung to the tune of "the Beverly Hillbillies"):

Well, lemme tell y'all a story
'bout a lout named Rob.
A simple-minded moron
and a fat, disgusting slob.
And when he fund himself a craving
for a sataisfying snack...
Along came Sandro Lisi
with some bubblin' crack!

Drugs, that is!
Th' Devil's dandruff!
Pop rocks co-caine!

Well, our boy Slob
was just as dumb as he could be...
With some rather naughty viddies
that got reported on tv!
They showed him drunk and psycho
and a-puffin on a pipe...
And just actin' up in general
like a crack-headed asswipe!

So he called ol' Lisi, he did!
Told him ta get that video back!
By any means necessary!

Well, one big ole scandal later,
Slob was still (surprise!) the Mayor.
But the cops dropped by City Hall to say,
"Slob, you get outta there!"
They said a prison cell is really
where he out to beeeeeee...
So they shipped his fat ole ass
into the peni-ten-shur-eee!

Yew all come back now!

Except they didn't wire tap Ford. If they really wanted to collect info on Ford, they would have.

I think you just explained the scenario that I was considering in my head. If that's true than honestly I'm morally ok with that. What else were they (the police) supposed to do? Just move on pretending that the Mayor of the city hadn't become embroiled in snakes nest of dangerous gun and drug dealing gang members? Pretend that he hadn't completely and utterly compromised his office? Instead they found a way to present the facts to the public at which time public opinion took over and then ultimately the democratic process (via council).

In the late summer, this is basically what MM said would happen. Maybe early Sept.
So I hope his source who said RoFo was going to have a bad xmas is correct.

Wow, judging from the relative slowness of this thread (compared to Ford-o-ween and the first two releases) I fear that Ford fatigue is truly setting in: people are realizing that he's a f*cked-up mess who isn't willing to go away. I really hope that this supposed upcoming "bombshell" isn't just a ploy by Doolittle i.e. "you'll have to read my book to find out!" although I honestly do expect better from her.

ITO report was for Project Brazen 2. The target of PB2 was Alexander (Sandro) Lisi. Sandro and Robert Ford became known to police in the course of Project Traveller and subsequently Project Brazen. Project Brazen 2 was a branch off project of Project Brazen.

No. The story is that Brazen 2 started life (in the west end) as, simply, Brazen, but it turned out that there was already an investigation called Brazen (in the east end) and so the 2 was added. Brazen 2 is not an offshoot of Brazen. The latter has no relationship to the former.

Wow, judging from the relative slowness of this thread (compared to Ford-o-ween and the first two releases) I fear that Ford fatigue is truly setting in: people are realizing that he's a f*cked-up mess who isn't willing to go away. I really hope that this supposed upcoming "bombshell" isn't just a ploy by Doolittle i.e. "you'll have to read my book to find out!" although I honestly do expect better from her.

Actually it was Donovan that said there are more bombshells coming:

Donovan was just on 1010 and said there are more bombshells coming, outside of the ITO.

I'm deflated.

Still have hope in my sources info that another ball is about to drop (hinted by donavan as well) unrelated to the ITO, but..

Ugh...

I don't know what to think about all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back