4K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 662     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm putting the over/under on his continued existence as a living human at 15 months. Ford would have to have gargantuan self-resolve to kick a habit as well developed as his without getting any help and also being in a highly stressful public position. This is a recipe for bad, bad relapse. If he is actually trying to clean himself up, this could be a really dangerous time for him. A high percentage of drug-related deaths comes when a person relapses and goes straight back to using prior quantities that got them high when they had high tolerance.

And don't forget the *means* by which he's "officially" trying to clean up, i.e. exercising under the auspices of steroid-smuggling meatheads...

Ford on DC sports radio show this morning: "That's an outright lie!" in response to a few extortion details reported from ITO yesterday... no big surprise there. Also doesn't believe in publicly-funded healthcare (prefers a two-tier system) and is adamant that concussions are just "part of the game" and not a problem in the NHL.

Last edited:
Ford on DC sports radio show this morning: "That's an outright lie!" in response to a few details reported from ITO yesterday... no big surprise there. Also doesn't believe in publicly-funded healthcare (prefers a two-tier system) and is adamant that concussions are just "part of the game" and not a problem in the NHL.

At this point anything that comes out of his mouth should be considered a lie.

There's also this gem:

Daniel Dale @ddale8 30 m
Sports Junkie: Doesn't it bother you when women win football bets? They don't know anything! Ford: "I know, but..."

Though, if you ask me, the slang is conspicuous enough as well. Yays, caps, Ds, kizzle, zooms, trees, ebos, cid, etc.
Doesn't exactly sound like people are talking about kitchen utensils.

A further observation: there is a correlation between the amount/frequency of drug use and how uncrackable the drug user tends to think the code is to any authority figures who may be within earshot. An occasional weed-smoker will generally be incredibly circumspect when discussing drugs, but your can't-get-through-the-weekend-without-a-nosebag party boy/girl will have no trouble charging up to people and asking if they know where they can get some sniff/Charlie/blow nudge nudge wink wink. I'm interested to one day find out how Ford refers to his smorgasbord of drugs.

One final thing: many people pick either uppers or downers and stick to them, rarely dabbling across the line. However, Ford is omnivorous... just like Farley & Belushi before him. The combo of strong uppers & downers rarely does a body any good.

Last edited:
Most of these criminals are from families that came to Canada as refugees. For reason's I don't quite understand our political leaders in Ottawa felt that Canada had an "obligation" to grant asylum to the largest number of Somalia refugee's in the industrialized world! For instance the Somali diaspora in the United States is numbered at about 100,000. We have that many in Toronto alone! A casual look at crime reports would seem to indicate that at least 50% of the violent crimes including murder involve people from within this group. Of course none of this should come as any surprise. Somalia is the most lawless country in the world where piracy and extortion crimes are a way of life for many. Of all the places in the world why did they choose Canada - a country with a hostile winter climate - to settle? For the same reason that Minnesota is popular with them. Easy and very generous welfare benefits and social services.

'A casual look'? You mean to say you have no accurate figures on this at all, right?

The Hotmail lawyer I thought made a good point: why does a warrant for Lisi's arrest contain so much information about someone else and actions not directly related to the accusation?

My speculation would be that the Lisi ITO was meant to shame Blob into resigning.

Brazen 2 only recently wrapped up. TPS may have more damning evidence that they did not put in the ITO, hoping he would resign without bringing it to light.

The longer TPS sits on evidence, the worse they look, even if an arrest is made.

I think you are all overlooking the big question here....
Did he smoke or inject the hezza???

Who knows, obviously he was "on the nod" when his cellphone went missing.

There is still another video the police have which isn't his crack rage one, also possibly pictures to come via a seized cell from project traveller. There is lots and lots more to come with this scandal, the police want those charges laid from project traveller sticking because that poses a much greater threat to the public (guns trafficking, hard drug trafficking across borders) than a drug using dimwit like Rob.

One thing that surprises me is how vengeful people are that ROFO hasn't been charged yet. We are NOT like the states where cops will throw weak assed charges for small drug amounts just to "raise the stats".

Some of you could benefit by watching HBO's "The Wire".

Who knows, obviously he was "on the nod" when his cellphone went missing.

There is still another video the police have which isn't his crack rage one, also possibly pictures to come via a seized cell from project traveller. There is lots and lots more to come with this scandal, the police want those charges laid from project traveller sticking because that poses a much greater threat to the public (guns trafficking, hard drug trafficking across borders) than a drug using dimwit like Rob.

One thing that surprises me is how vengeful people are that ROFO hasn't been charged yet. We are NOT like the states where cops will throw weak assed charges for small drug amounts just to "raise the stats".

Some of you could benefit by watching HBO's "The Wire".

I don't think the anger is about him not being charged for a minor drug offence. There's so much that's been discussed over the past few hundred pages that points to him being involved in things much more serious (ie: organized crime)... at least that's where my anger is directed. Why haven't they put more effort into investigating that angle. Then again, maybe that's what Doolittle was hinting at when she said there were more bombshells to come.

I'll give Dylan credit for his lyrics, but he has the worst voice of all time. Actually, that might be Neil Young. Both talented songwriters, but terrible singers.

In a way, that's kind of the point. They're not singing *badly* on purpose. But sometimes with singers who have technically 'beautiful' voices, it distracts people from the lyrics. A distinctive voice, with imperfections and all, draws attention to lyrics that deserve closer examination. Same could be said of Leonard Cohen.

Then again, Mick Jagger is consistently flat and isn't considered a particularly great lyricist most of the time.

Dylan's voice doesn't bother me but I don't see why his lyrics are held up as great or profound - he basically admitted some time ago that it's not his intention and trying to find a lot of meaning in them is a waste of time.

Neil Young's also technically not a great guitar player, but he's distinctive and plays in a way that is entirely his own and which connects in terms of feel rather than prowess.

'I’m OK, I’m not technically good, but I can make it fucking howl and move' - John Lennon

Maybe I have tougher views on crimes since my friend was brutally murdered on Queen and Portland. Yes, Maybe I do.

I'm sorry for your loss and it's understandable that your views on crime are different from someone who hasn't been affected by violent crime the same way.

But really, what factual evidence do you have that refugees account for a larger proportion of crime, whether it's relative to the immigrant population or the population as a whole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back