1K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 494     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then again, maybe that's what Doolittle was hinting at when she said there were more bombshells to come.

That's my take as well, who knows there may be entire separate investigations going up the Lisi chain of organized/connected criminals that are mentioned in the ITO. This isn't over by a long shot in my opinion and I'm content to let the police do their job without armchair quarterbacking how fast they need to lay charges.

I don't believe Blair has any axe to grind against Ford, he told his investigators to do a thorough unbiased investigation and put a very well respected by the numbers homicide detective in charge. Being over zealous in pursuit of Ford would make it an easy job for Dennis Morris to defend, think "selective prosecution".

Perhaps in 2011 gun crime went down, but generally, I'm sure it has gone up astronomically since the 50s. And not all gun related crimes are homicides. I can't imagine that very many innocent people were robbed/threatened by gun wielders in the 50s.

You may be "sure", but your surety is unsubstantiated by fact. This feels like Vic Toews claim that Unreported Crime is on the rise even through actual known crime is dropping.

Interesting fact - the start of the drop in crime rates in the 70's coincides with the introduction of unleaded gasoline. Lead in children is known to cause aggression and delinquency. It's a bit of an out there theory but it does have lots of supporters and statistical evidence.

Anybody who went to high school back in the day in certain parts of Etobicoke knows quite well what Dougie's role was in the drug trade.

Ya, when Rob Ford was elected Mayor a friend of mine from Etobicoke commented on Doug Ford being big hash dealer back in the day. Lots of laughs were had and we thought that was typical. Then, the Globe and Mail published same story a couple years later. Oh yeah....

Interesting fact - the start of the drop in crime rates in the 70's coincides with the introduction of unleaded gasoline. Lead in children is known to cause aggression and delinquency. It's a bit of an out there theory but it does have lots of supporters and statistical evidence.

Also coincides with the banning of lead paint. Yes, there are plenty of convincing studies about this theory.

That's my take as well, who knows there may be entire separate investigations going up the Lisi chain of organized/connected criminals that are mentioned in the ITO. This isn't over by a long shot in my opinion and I'm content to let the police do their job without armchair quarterbacking how fast they need to lay charges.

I don't believe Blair has any axe to grind against Ford, he told his investigators to do a thorough unbiased investigation and put a very well respected by the numbers homicide detective in charge. Being over zealous in pursuit of Ford would make it an easy job for Dennis Morris to defend, think "selective prosecution".

My thoughts as well. There was Project Traveller and Project Brazen 2 but there seems to be hints of an investigation still underway.

So now it seems (according to the Post, anyway) that 'dugga' is not weed but actually the Somali word dagax, 'rocks', so we're back to crack again.

With much of the ITO now public, I’m left with a seriously puzzling question:

Why is Rob Ford’s name in this ITO document at all??

Don’t get me wrong. I’m thoroughly relieved Ford has been exposed for who and what he really is. I think the man is utterly vile, and uniquely deserving of a public shaming.

But this is an important and easy to miss fact: the ITO serves precisely ONE legal function, and that is to obtain search warrants for Lisi’s vehicle and residence, and the Richview Cleaners commercial unit. That is all.

The search warrant application was made on Oct 2, 2013, which is one day after the Oct 1, 2013 arrest of Lisi and Bahrami (following their red-handed participation in an undercover drug buy). Immediately following these arrests, the ITO simply seeks permission to gather additional evidence on both men. End of story.

And none of this has anything to do with Rob Ford!

In fact, when you read the final pages of the ITO, which summarize grounds for the warrant applications, and the reasons to believe Lisi and Bahrami have committed offences, absolutely NONE of the sordid Rob Ford-related information contained elsewhere in the ITO is cited. Not one scrap of information on Winsdor Road, the crack video, the lost phone, the Bier Market, domestic abuse, drunk driving, manila envelopes, peeing in public, after-hours trips to TWDC, empty vodka bottles, rumours of prostitutes, etc., etc., etc. While all of this makes for an enlightening and amusing read, the detailed revelations of Ford’s personal problems brought zero substance to this application.

So why is it in there??

At the end of it all, Rob Ford is in fact no more or less a contributing factor to the grounds for this ITO than Mark Towhey, or George Christopolous, or Bruno Bellisimo, or any of the dozens of players touched by this bizarre drama. It pains me to say it, but in the absence of criminal charges, it seems Rob Ford’s lawyer is right: Ford is actually something of an innocent bystander in all of this; or worse, the target of a carefully orchestrated political drive-by. I mean, we essentially now have a 450-page unauthorized biography of this sad and damaged man, courtesy of investigators at the Toronto Police Services.

So I ask again: Why is Rob Ford’s name in this ITO document?? Because if Ford isn’t charged, then I think the police have a lot of explaining to do.

So now it seems (according to the Post, anyway) that 'dugga' is not weed but actually the Somali word dagax, 'rocks', so we're back to crack again.

Not a big deal, we know he smokes crack, we know he took oxy, we know he's a drunkard we know he does heroin. The fact TPS had to bring in a Somali interpreter to wade through those wiretaps may give some of these vengeance first types a better idea how complicated this investigation was.

Not a big deal, we know he smokes crack, we know he took oxy, we know he's a drunkard we know he does heroin. The fact TPS had to bring in a Somali interpreter to wade through those wiretaps may give some of these vengeance first types a better idea how complicated this investigation was.

Yeah, in a way it would have been disappointing for it to be merely weed: he's already admitted having 'smoked a lot of it' and there's not as much disapproval of that among his supporters as of harder drugs.

My friend was brutally murdered too, at Bloor and Jane. He was killed by a violent white kid from the suburbs. Using personal tragedy to defend xenophobia...really unfortunate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back