1.1K     0 
News   Jun 24, 2024
 907     0 
News   Jun 24, 2024
 567     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm........I have a different recollection. Project Brazen was an entirely different investigation having nothing to do with Ford or Lisi.

Target for Brazen 2 is Ford and/or Lisi, wherever the evidence will lead.

I have wondered why Ford's name is all over the ITO, but I also think this is a work in progress. There is way more to come, hopefully!:))

that's right. Brazen 2 has the "2" because there was a previous Project Brazen, but it has nothing to do with this at all. I guess they just liked the name. :p

The ITO says "On May 18th, 2013 Detective Sergeant GIROUX was assigned to investigate the matter brought forth by the Toronto Star and GAWKER.COM and their allegations against Mayor Rob FORD. Specifically to investigate the existence of a cellular phone containing a video of FORD smoking crack cocaine. "

There's no mention of Lisi. Ford was the reason why PB2 was launched. So it's not surprising that a lot of time was spent monitoring him and making detailed notes about him. The fact that some other people ended up charged is besides the point. The Star/Gawker's report and the "crack-smoking video" were the catalyst for the whole thing. When you launch an investigation, you should actually be... investigating! Not having a pre-conceived idea of what you want to find out or how you want it to end. If in the course of it you find other people who need to be charged with crimes, so be it.

(of course: I am still hoping that Ford will face charges as well.)

Also, having skimmed through the ITO confirms the other video I was talking about. The location of the video is mentioned in there briefly (not one of the hot spots) and he wouldn't have known that.

Who cares though really... Another video of RoFo doing drugs isn't going to help now. I think they are right on keeping it to themselves.

Just reading Donovan's article from yesterday. Something occurred to me: there has been talk of a video of Ford passed out, and I believe the word "unthinkable" was used. In the ITO there is chatter about getting pics of Ford "doing the hezza." Wonder if the unthinkable is photo or video evidence of heroin use? He certainly wouldn't have been passed out from doing lots of crack...

He certainly wouldn't have been passed out from doing lots of crack...

Truth. H or oxys most likely. "Nodding" is the term I think.

I'm upset that the press didn't put RoFo on blast for shaving his head every time a new allegation came out.

He has also stated that he will do a drug test for anyone at anytime. Why doesn't someone take him up on that?

Anybody who went to high school back in the day in certain parts of Etobicoke knows quite well what Dougie's role was in the drug trade.

Why is it that those who knew the super mario bros in high school days, won't come forward and give info (anonymously) to the police! Some folks on this forum qualify as knowing, are angry.....why not expose the gumba's???

Last edited:
Just reading Donovan's article from yesterday. Something occurred to me: there has been talk of a video of Ford passed out, and I believe the word "unthinkable" was used. In the ITO there is chatter about getting pics of Ford "doing the hezza." Wonder if the unthinkable is photo or video evidence of heroin use? He certainly wouldn't have been passed out from doing lots of crack...

The "unthinkable" comment came from a movie reviewer's twitter account. He hadn't seen anything, but had just heard rumours. This was right before the murderous rant video came out. So I wouldn't put too much thought into the word "unthinkable." For movie reviewer Brian Johnson, Ford talking about killing a guy might've been the unthinkable.

I noticed that information pertaining to Renata wasn't released yesterday. I thought the only things to be left redacted were details involving sensitive police details like surveillance techniques and whatnot.

Also, Peeper isn't a troll. He's just someone who doesn't happen to share the same opinions as most people here. IMO, I'd much rather read his posts than ones that say nothing more than "Ford is a sociopathic idiot" and blah blah blah. I see no value in that kind of stuff at all, but it seems to be common currency around here. For better or worse, at least Peepers brings something else to the table.

I noticed that information pertaining to Renata wasn't released yesterday. I thought the only things to be left redacted were details involving sensitive police details like surveillance techniques and whatnot.

Also, Peeper isn't a troll. He's just someone who doesn't happen to share the same opinions as most people here. IMO, I'd much rather read his posts than ones that say nothing more than "Ford is a sociopathic idiot" and blah blah blah. I see no value in that kind of stuff at all, but it seems to be common currency around here. For better or worse, at least Peepers brings something else to the table.

He is the definition of a troll. Substantiated evidence that does not fit his agenda is dismissed, while consipiracy theories that fit his agenda are treated like the gospel.

Um, why would you think Ford was filmed with his own phone??? I never did.

Kat, I don't believe Slob was filmed with his own phone. I just get the sense that people are being led to believe that he wanted his phone back/ Lisi got it back because the video was on it.

I believe Smith recorded Slob on his own iPhone(Smith's) and was whacked for it. Thats my own personal theory.

Di Battista's phone call to Lisi is VERY important as well!!

that's right. Brazen 2 has the "2" because there was a previous Project Brazen, but it has nothing to do with this at all. I guess they just liked the name. :p

The ITO says "On May 18th, 2013 Detective Sergeant GIROUX was assigned to investigate the matter brought forth by the Toronto Star and GAWKER.COM and their allegations against Mayor Rob FORD. Specifically to investigate the existence of a cellular phone containing a video of FORD smoking crack cocaine. "

There's no mention of Lisi. Ford was the reason why PB2 was launched. So it's not surprising that a lot of time was spent monitoring him and making detailed notes about him. The fact that some other people ended up charged is besides the point. The Star/Gawker's report and the "crack-smoking video" were the catalyst for the whole thing. When you launch an investigation, you should actually be... investigating! Not having a pre-conceived idea of what you want to find out or how you want it to end. If in the course of it you find other people who need to be charged with crimes, so be it.

(of course: I am still hoping that Ford will face charges as well.)
That's background information.

Brazen 2 is an investigation of Ford and his criminal associates including Lisi. It resulted in the arrest of Lisi.

The ITO is for a warrant against Lisi, yet references the investigation of Ford which resulted in Lisi's arrest. It isn't a report of Brazen 2 per se, it references (some would say in suspicious amounts of detail) the Brazen 2 investigation about how the evidence against Lisi was acquired as part of a bigger investigation.

It's legally just a request to the court for a warrant on Lisi.

Confusing, but it does make sense in a convoluted way.

Who called David Price?

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but in reading over the latest un-redactions, I find myself wondering about the person who tipped off David Price about the location of the crack video. On page 28, it says (via Towhey) that Price received two phone calls telling him about the possible location of the video. The caller "didn't have an African-sounding accent".

So, if we believe what Price told Towhey and confirmed in his interview with the police, someone contacted him anonymously and tipped him off about the video. Why? Why did they call anyone and why did they call Price specifically? Reading over the ITO, it sounds like it was common knowledge in the neighbourhood that Lisi was looking for the video, so why not call him Lisi?

Let's assume that the reason for calling Price was because the caller wanted to help Rob Ford get the video and do it without involving the police for whatever reason. There are three groups of people who might have known where the video was - people involved with the video, family/associates of people involved with the video, and the police who were tapping the phones of the people involved with the video. To which group did the mystery caller belong?

I'm deflated.

Still have hope in my sources info that another ball is about to drop (hinted by donavan as well) unrelated to the ITO, but..

Ugh...

I don't know what to think about all of this.

Curious...why deflated? Wasn't what you expected?

As for the slow response to this story, I honestly think it's because council has effectively taken away most of his power and influence. I think they will be praised later on for trying to defuse the situation and as the reality of Norm Kelly as interim mayor in a lame duck election year will settle in, RoFo will just become a forgotten side show. The problem is Toronto needs to do something to shake off this terrible image. Maybe the Leafs could win the Stanley Cup this year or something (LOLZ!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back