1.7K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 8.3K     9 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford is on a collision course with Councillor Michael Thompson. Thompson is vice chair of the Toronto Police Services Board and will play a key role in both the Police budget and in any potential petition for removing Bill Blair which Ford now wants. Ford can't participate in these processes without entering into a serious conflict of interest and will direct Michael Thompson to do his bidding. Thompson isn't taking orders from Ford and has asked him to step down. Knowing Michael Thompson personally, I can tell you that there's going to be fireworks.

MetroMan:

The board has appointed members from the province, and besides, the city members aren't in his camp. He won't get much pull there.

For reference: current members -

http://www.tpsb.ca/V/Current_Members/

AoD

Oh I know he won't get his way but you know Ford, he'll think that he can unilaterally fire the chief of police and will send his (former) inside man to do the job. Michael Thompson won't have it and there's going to be some serious friction.

I've often looked at Councillor Thompson as a canary in the coal mine. He's reasonable, not a Ford cheerleader but works with him because he can help advance his agenda but only while he thinks that Ford can command authority. He kept distant after the crack story broke but it boggled me that he continued to work with him. When Thompson finally abandoned Ford, I finally let myself believe that Ford is near his end.

I think we'll see Denzil Minan-Wong come out strongly against Ford next week but I think we'll really know it's over when Nunziata abandons him.

MetroMan:

Besides, I think he might invite a provincial intervention if he tries to get rid of Blair - this ain't TTC, and Ford as a subject of investigation would be in a serious conflict of interest. I do want to see him try though - the optics of that would look great.

AoD

Screen Shot 2013-11-02 at 2.15.22 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-02 at 2.15.22 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-11-02 at 2.15.22 PM.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 471
Amy MacPherson
‏@MsAmyMacPherson
Is this missing person case related, @TorontoPolice? Same address appears in Sandro Lisi - Rob Ford warrant #topoli

http://illegallybrownn.tumblr.com/post/42957205201

Just saw this on twitter -coincidence?

Checked out the warrant info. The address shows up multiple times in the surveillance report. The owner/inhabitant of the premises Kenneth Boot does not have his name redacted, leading us to infer that the TPS consider him a person of interest. This could be going in an even more dark direction, especially if you consider the rumours about a sex video which might have been made with the Mayor.

I think we'll see Denzil Minan-Wong come out strongly against Ford next week but I think we'll really know it's over when Nunziata abandons him.

DMW has smartly distanced himself from Ford ever since the Spring. He was conveniently on vacation when the video bombshell dropped.

Doug, Nunziata and Crisanti will be by the mayor's side until the bitter end.

Checked out the warrant info. The address shows up multiple times in the surveillance report. The owner/inhabitant of the premises Kenneth Boot does not have his name redacted, leading us to infer that the TPS consider him a person of interest. This could be going in an even more dark direction, especially if you consider the rumours about a sex video which might have been made with the Mayor.

This woman was 35 (from the tumblr link), not under-aged.

Wasn't Nunziata (surprisingly) one of the six exec members whose concerns were relayed to Ford by Kelly today? Here's a quote from her in the Sun: "Yesterday when I first read about it, I was very shocked, disappointed, but I want to give the mayor an opportunity to digest everything and make a statement and that’s what we’re hoping he’ll do."

Wow he really is trying to go out with a bang. http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/02/rob-ford-calls-peel-police-on-trailing-media

Apparently he is planning on doing his radio show tomorrow. I think it will be pretty entertaining to see what he and his brother came up with as excuses for this behaviour.

My money says that we are all being punked, the chief is in on it, and for the last 3 years MTV has been filming a new reality show about the mayor :D (we are at that level of total absurdity I think)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back