198     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 843     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 543     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the cops should be smart asses :) Every time he calls them for the next month they should send Gary Giroux to respond to his concerns. No matter what precinct, division or municipality... just send Gary Giroux :) But I am a bit of a brat.

What the Executive Committee is proposing to Ford is that he step down for 6 months while he cleans up and Norm Kelly holds the Mayors office. Ford re-emerges during the election and Kelly steps aside and the Executive endorses him for re-election. Not surprisingly, it doesn't appear that Ford is going along. He's not stepping down.

I think we'll hear a terse statement from the Executive Committee on Monday and an ultimatum by the end of the week.

Per ford's "no comment" tactic, what was said above about why he would want to keep his mouth shut lines up with a brief chat I had with a lawyer friend who is in criminal defence. Basically nothing legal prevents him from commenting but he is more likely to say something that will get him into more trouble down the road for lying etc.

Anyone else notice the lengths of Roobie's hair in correlation to scandal events/pressers? It seems to me that when ever Robbie has to speak towards something naughty he had done, and lie about it, he has just got a new haircut, or one in the past few days.

I think that Robbie should be played by Al Pacino in after school special. :)

However, wasn't the revelation made by the police that they only got hold of it this week? Does this mean all of this info we had about the police having the video file for the last several months has been fabricated?

This is actually a million dollar question we don't have an answer to. I'm generally on the side of the TPS and dismissive of all the conspiracy talk, but Blair's statement about recovering the video on the 29th seems off. First of all, we have many, many reports that the video has existed in multiple copies for several months now. No official sources, but enough strong hints that it's tough to dismiss them all. Secondly, as many others have pointed out, the timing of Blair's story doesn't ring true. It seems hard to believe that the video was recovered mere days before the TPS doc set was released. Something's not adding up here,

Ford just left city hall. When asked is he is resigning, he answered no. He may be on his way to meet with Norm Kelly.

What the Executive Committee is proposing to Ford is that he step down for 6 months while he cleans up and Norm Kelly holds the Mayors office. Ford re-emerges during the election and Kelly steps aside and the Executive endorses him for re-election. Not surprisingly, it doesn't appear that Ford is going along. He's not stepping down.

I think we'll hear a terse statement from the Executive Committee on Monday and an ultimatum by the end of the week.

And the EXECUTIVE ENDORSES HIM FOR REELECTION?!?!?!!?? The mind reels. What planet are these people on? His mayoralty is turning into a fiasco basically without precedent in Canadian democracy. I know the remaining members of the executive are his true believers, but I am astounded even they would be willing to dive back down the rabbit hole.

If Ford misses council meetings three months in a row his is kicked out of office unless his absence is authorized by Council. Would be interesting if some councilors voted against this, though I assume if he went to rehab and it appeared genuine they would not do so.

Councillor Shelly Carroll just spoke on CP24 and she brought up Anthony Smith. I don't believe a councillor has mentioned him before, have any? Regardless, her comment was interesting. She stated that because of her daily work schedule she doesn't have time to call her husband 8 times a day and yet, on the day Smith died, Ford called Lisi 8 times.

David Cronenburg has a exhibit at TIFF now. There was an opening gala Wednesday, with Cronenburg in attendance. Too bad the timing was just slightly off. Otherwise, someone from UT could have gone and asked if he was interested in developing the Ford saga!
http://tiff.net/cronenbergparty

When the TCHC audit was delivered, Ford and his cronies removed the entire board. By rights and to be consistent, his entire executive should be removed now. They've known about his serious issues with drugs and criminals as long as we have, they can see that he doesn't show up for work and is disengaged from his duties as Mayor, but it's not until the options for excusing his behaviour have approached zero that they attempt to do anything. And if what Metroman says has any credence then all Ford's toady enablers have done is attempt to preserve their position. If any of them had any integrity they'd be forcing Ford's hand by resigning from his executive.

If Ford showed up at the office today for a short time. he must have a small stash hidden there to get his fix. Can't get supply with the media following him everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back