News   Jun 26, 2024
 428     0 
News   Jun 26, 2024
 508     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://gawker.com/cnn-misplaces-toronto-1457230223

on a more serious note, a friend from germany wrote to hector me about the crack addict mayor, he read about it in the berlin metro paper.

We recently vacationed in Amsterdam and Berlin. I report that in both places, there were people who knew about this slime named Rob Ford. In a bar in Berlin, a woman asked "is that mayor for real?". I responded, "unfortunately, yes".

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/02/rob-ford-calls-peel-police-on-trailing-media

Notice he went to the Peel police and not the Toronto police to try to lay a charge against a Sun photographer.

This is nuts - he just can't help himself...

The Sun said:
Another officer said Ford called police from his SUV, claiming someone was following him and he "didn’t know who it was.â€

Ford was told to head to the nearby station. Police said he gave a speedy statement accusing Robertson of driving erratically, cutting him off and driving through pylons.

“That’s a bold-face lie,†a stunned Robertson told the cop.

Police politely explained they couldn’t lay charges without an “independent witness.â€

http://gawker.com/cnn-misplaces-toronto-1457230223

on a more serious note, a friend from germany wrote to hector me about the crack addict mayor, he read about it in the berlin metro paper.

Anyone can miss Canada, all tucked away down there...

Anyways, when I was at the UT meet earlier this summer, a poster who will remain anonymous for the time being (I did just ask if it is okay to disclose his identity) said the Crown had the video and he knew people within his field who saw it. He also said that they also had Ford on wiretaps. This information is consistent with MM's and other inside info on the issue posted here.

However, wasn't the revelation made by the police that they only got hold of it this week? Does this mean all of this info we had about the police having the video file for the last several months has been fabricated?

Does he think that calling the cops every five minutes is going to help?

Dude is probably jonesing for a fix and he just needs a few minutes alone to meet up with someone ...

Does he think that calling the cops every five minutes is going to help?

Dude is probably jonesing for a fix and he just needs a few minutes alone to meet up with someone ...

Any dealer would have to be pretty stupid to sell Rob Ford drugs! hahaha

I don't laugh at this situation often but Ford is probably stupid enough to buy drugs with the cops and the media watching. He's going to slip and get arrested.

As much as I love David Simon I think this story needs to be told from a local's point of view. Trouble is I can't think of any local writer/creator teams that work at that level (or even a notch below, cuz, let's face it, nobody else in the world works at David Simon's level when it comes to urban tapestry type of narrative storytelling.) Maybe some combination of Michael Ondaatje, George F Walker and the folks behind "Slings and Arrows" could pull it off.
I think Chris Haddock (Da Vinci's Inquest, Intelligence) could really do this story justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back