569     3 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 445     2 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 800     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, once Ward 2 is willed to Dougie in perpetuity, I'm betting that north Etobicoke will become the Ford naming capital of Canada.

It will be interesting to see if Ward 2 ends up with a temporary appointment or if they have a by-election. If he dies sooner than later, I would expect they don't appoint someone for the remainder of the term.

DaveFromEtobicoke.jpg

Ah geeze....not THIS guy again!

Attachments

• DaveFromEtobicoke.jpg
    DaveFromEtobicoke.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 447
New idea, at all major ingresses to the "Ford Ward" we could build arches illustrated with bas reliefs of Ford family members.

The Rob Ford memorial need be nothing more than what Rob Ford was for his entire career, a giant funhouse mirror with its back to Toronto, reflecting Ford Nation back at itself.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see if Ward 2 ends up with a temporary appointment or if they have a by-election. If he dies sooner than later, I would expect they don't appoint someone for the remainder of the term.
There's a bit of confusion on the matter. Council had passed a policy on when to elect vs appoint, but it was non-binding. City staff have recommended that to avoid confusion Council should rescind the policy and decide all replacements on a case-by-case basis. The only statutory requirement is an appointment if the seat goes vacant a few months before the term ends.

What the silicon-based life-form said about humans in an old Star Trek episode is kind of catchy, and somewhat apropos - that humans are disgusting bags of water, or something close to that.

There's a bit of confusion on the matter. Council had passed a policy on when to elect vs appoint, but it was non-binding. City staff have recommended that to avoid confusion Council should rescind the policy and decide all replacements on a case-by-case basis. The only statutory requirement is an appointment if the seat goes vacant a few months before the term ends.

It also costs $250,000 to have a by-election,which is quite wasteful.

I haven't posted on here in ages! I still read every post though.

All I have to add is that that I spoke the other day with someone who is close to Filion, and he was told recently by the councillor that the cancer has spread all over RoFo's body, and it is looking like it's lights out for the big boy.
fwiw... i listened to that afterparty podcast (or whatever it was called) that bob marier was being interviewed in, and in that he says that robbie's cancer is stage 4.

Last edited:
After watching in court the embarrassing and weak attempt by the police/crown to nail Lisi on drug charges I knew there was no way in hell that they'd successfully charge and convict Ford of anything.
maybe something new will come out of lisi's case... 'cause that sun article does say...
“In terms of active investigation, it ended in mid-April of last year,” police spokesman Mark Pugash told the Sun. “But technically the investigation continues to the extent that the Lisi trial will get underway in the fall.”

how do we find out how much the investigation cost? do you think the fords will push for a report or something now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back