328     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 555     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 929     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe something new will come out of lisi's case... 'cause that sun article does say...

how do we find out how much the investigation cost? do you think the fords will push for a report or something now?

That has the potential to be embarrassing for them, no? Same as if they were to sue for defamation.

(and if you've pancreatic, it really doesn't really matter what stage you're in).AoD

A dear friend of my family was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer when she was in her late 60s. She had surgery and recovered (mostly) but it wasn't all sunshine and lollypops as a few years later she developed breast cancer and also a form of leukemia. However, she did manage to live a decent quality of life despite these setbacks but the blood testing and transfusions started to wear on her at the end of 2012 so she entered palliative care in 2013 and died a couple of weeks later at the age of 85.

The threat of violence is by itself disconcerting - but the ability to use one's influence and slip out of the law is even more so.

AoD
Rob did issue credible threats against his drug dealing "friends", using his personal henchmen to threaten and beat up those he suspected of possessing the video and other "evidence" of his crimes.

We know from the Yatim case how much cops hate videos that make them look bad. We probably will never see the infamous cracktape the cops have had all this time.

A dear friend of my family was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer when she was in her late 60s. She had surgery and recovered (mostly) but it wasn't all sunshine and lollypops as a few years later she developed breast cancer and also a form of leukemia. However, she did manage to live a decent quality of life despite these setbacks but the blood testing and transfusions started to wear on her at the end of 2012 so she entered palliative care in 2013 and died a couple of weeks later at the age of 85.

While I wouldn't call it "lucky", she did roll the right dice - either being part of the small percentage of those who survived the regular and generally deadly type (that has *really* low 5 year survival rates even at Stage 1) or having the more survivable one. The treatments themselves can also cause cancer, which could be what happened here?

AoD

While I wouldn't call it "lucky", she did roll the right dice - either being part of the small percentage of those who survived the regular and generally deadly type (that has *really* low 5 year survival rates even at Stage 1) or having the more survivable one. The treatments themselves can also cause cancer, which could be what happened here?

AoD
Indeed - anecdotes unfortunately are not data. There's a lot of survivor bias to cancer because if you die it's hard to talk about your experience.

AoD
Likely, that and being a senior may have also been a factor. The longer you live...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back