1.1K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 634     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did that so people like you would think they're a legitimate newspaper. :rolleyes:

Canada Free Press is the only REAL news source. Even the Sun is part of the leftist conspiracy.

Well, it's interesting that CN Tower pans the Star's credibility while straight-facedly posting links from Canada Free Press.. Look: once you're posting links from *thise* kinds of sources, you're basically outing youself as obnoxious fringe-candidate vermin. Y'know, not the kind that votes for the Conservatives; but the kind that votes (and runs for) the Freedom Party.

Oh well; I guess they're seeking a place to be heard and feel like they 'belong", so they park in forums like UT and hope they'll be "accepted". But they remain fringe to the very end...

Who cares about convication? No one has been charged here. It's not a legal proceeding. No rational person with a straight face would think say that there isn't huge issues here. Clearly Rob Ford isn't fit to govern. Clearly he has substance abuse issues.

Brian Mulroney was never convicted of taking bribes, and even successfully defended himself in court. But even he admitted afterwards to taking an envelope of cash from a lobbyist while an PM.

corrected that for you ... wasn't he PM at the time he took money from Karlheinz Schreiber?

Say who? Besides, having an editorial slant doesn't not equate to disrepute

And in the case of the Star, their slant is the Atkinson Principles. You could do a lot worse in terms of journalistic standards. They also employ a public ombudsman. It's not like they don't have some pedigree...Hemingway, Callaghan, Pierre Burton, Gordon Sinclair, Peter C. Newman, June Callwood to name a few of the more famous (if not talented) ones.

People who listen to Sue-Ann Levy and Jerry Agar regurgitate their moronic conservative-minded (read narcissist) opinions back to them and then make such asinine comments about the Star are required to sit at the kiddie table.

And in the case of the Star, their slant is the Atkinson Principles. You could do a lot worse in terms of journalistic standards. They also employ a public ombudsman. It's not like they don't have some pedigree...Hemingway, Callaghan, Pierre Burton, Gordon Sinclair, Peter C. Newman, June Callwood to name a few of the more famous (if not talented) ones.

People who listen to Sue-Ann Levy and Jerry Agar regurgitate their moronic conservative-minded (read narcissist) opinions back to them and then make such asinine comments about the Star are required to sit at the kiddie table.

That right there is an unequivocal checkmate. :D

Papa says...freshcutgrass with a decisive KO. Hemingway and Callwood are who I wanted to write like for the longest time.

About the Indiegogo campaign, some of you may have taken John Cook's comments to mean that all hope had been lost for finding the video.

As for the purchase: We are working on it. As we noted before the campaign concluded, we lost contact with the people who have custody of the video. I updated the Indiegogo campaign site yesterday morning to reiterate that there had been no movement on that front, and am repeating it here right now.

Just remember to consider that when the campaign reached its goal, it was Memorial Day in the United States. John was apparantly at a barbeque with his family and I doubt he was hunting for the owner.

The article itself was posted fairly early in the day (about 11:30 AM). This means that John probably didn't even try to contact the owner, and if he did it is unlikely that he would have responded when the article was published.

You won't hear anything more from us about our attempts to get the video for some time.This will be a very delicate transaction. If the people who are in possession of the video are reading this: Please get in touch with our mutual friend, or with me at john@gawker.com. We did what you asked.

The above is more positive news, though on the surface it may not seem like it. The silence means that John is working on the video. It makes sense for him not to want to broadcast his plans to pick up the video from the secret owner.

Lets hope that we'll see it by the end of the week. Apparently there is a copy in New York, where Gawker is based.

new Post article... source inside the mayor's office has a different view on latest events
http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...tes-sudden-staff-resignations-as-no-big-loss/

This article confirms that the address 320 Dixon Rd where the somalian men lived is the same apartment where a man was shot in the leg: 320 Dixon Rd.

David Price says he knows where the video is:
By the time he met with detectives on Saturday afternoon, he had come to learn the alleged address of the purported video — 320 Dixon Rd.

Man shot in the leg:
The victim, who police say was in his 20s, is in serious but non-life-threatening condition after the incident, which occurred at 320 Dixon Rd. near Islington Avenue.

Last edited:
For anyone to suggest thst The Star wouldn't throw a parade down Yonge Street if the mayor is proven to be a hard drug user is an indication of their utterly distorted perception of local media.
Anyone who believes that The Star ever throws parades has an utterly distorted perception of local media. Can you provide documentation of the last time that either the Toronto Star or Globe and Mail threw a parade?

Given the Sun and Post clearly believe the Star on this, anyone who keeps jumping up and down about it not being true clearly has significant issues. Or is just trolling us.

Well the fact that I used to live in Montreal and the Star has always been my newspaper and never had a problem getting it and the fact that when I go down one weekend a month to visit my parents and again I always have no problem getting it will lead me to believe that it is available. Though, it could always be that the depanneurs I visit are selling fakes.
I've never seen it in a depanneur. I'm not disbelieving you, but start wondering around the city, and counting how easy it is to find the Globe versus the Star. I know a few places downtown where you can find the Gazette, but it's not something you generally see in Toronto ... but I can always get it if I want it. It doesn't make it common though.

And yet The Globe and Mail is actually printed in Montreal. It's a national paper. It's costs the same there that it does here. I bet your Star in Montreal doesn't cost the same it does here. And I'm betting your not finding it in Montreal-Est.

I'm with Thanos on the Toronto Star being readily available in Montreal, even spotted in Loblaws on the south shore.

It wasn't in every dep like the Globe and Mail but it's out there. On my last visit to Montreal, I was surprised to see copies in a few Starbucks. Copies could be purchased at Chapters, and some dep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back