1.7K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 374     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 949     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmmm I wonder if the US immigration authorities will pay extra special attention to Doug Ford the next time he travels to Chicago......

I spoke with a Ford voter today. We had a friendly discussion. He said he wouldn't vote for him again but said "they're all crooks". I offered David Miller as an example of a clean politician. You can disagree with his policies all you like, but one thing about Miller is that he was never involved in any scandal nor could he ever be accused of taking bribes or misappropriating city funds or services for his own personal use. Then my friend insisted that Miller had taken envelopes of cash from business partners of his. I know Miller well and don't believe this to be true so how do these rumors get taken as fact?

You should have demanded to see video of Miller taking the envelopes. But even then, how would you know cash was in them? They could have been full of pot or tobacco.

Haha OSS 117 :)

Sarah Thomson is asking that Bill Blair hand over this matter to the OPP. It makes perfect sense: There's a definite conflict of interest in the Toronto Police investigating a case related to Toronto's Mayor who controls the Police budget.

I spoke with a Ford voter today. We had a friendly discussion. He said he wouldn't vote for him again but said "they're all crooks". I offered David Miller as an example of a clean politician. You can disagree with his policies all you like, but one thing about Miller is that he was never involved in any scandal nor could he ever be accused of taking bribes or misappropriating city funds or services for his own personal use. Then my friend insisted that Miller had taken envelopes of cash from business partners of his. I know Miller well and don't believe this to be true so how do these rumors get taken as fact?

The Toronto Sun and the National Post. Scandals out of nothing (ex: remember that Sue-Ann Levy article on WaterfrontTO) plus voters thinking they know everything, which creates a trust issue between government and citizen.

On another note, here's the twitter account of the guy who made the faked Ford video:
https://twitter.com/jimmo4life

Thought he was just curious in seeing if things could be faked, but after looking at his posts...

Haha OSS 117 :)

Sarah Thomson is asking that Bill Blair hand over this matter to the OPP. It makes perfect sense: There's a definite conflict of interest in the Toronto Police investigating a case related to Toronto's Mayor who controls the Police budget.

I think I remember reading that the police had to set up a special unit to deal with investigations related to the Mayor's office. Maybe someone here has more info on that. I do agree that there's a conflict of interest with the Toronto police, and am remembering how they managed to sweep that 911 tape incident under the rug. Although with Ford such a lame duck now, I'm not sure how the cops think he'd be in any position to return any favors anytime soon. I do really believe that if the cops found the video, and there was only one copy, it would never be seen by anyone, ever, and you'd never even hear it was found. The best news I've heard recently is that there's more than one copy.

You're pulling this nonsense out of your backside.

Gawker has broken countless stories about corporations, politicians and celebrities. They have a great record.

Same thing can be said about Toronto Star. They are one of the only in Canada who does so much investigative journalism. And they have an excellent track record as well. Ask anyone in media (except Toronto Sun).

Do you really expect us to believe that these two organizations worked together to fabricate this, forever ruining their reputation.

You have to be joking.

Your comments make you appear as more of a paper tiger than a tiger master.

I don't believe and never said they fabricated anything. They probably did however distort/embellish/contour/bend the truth to suit their respective agendas.

Let's say it turns out that a panel of forensic video experts determine that he was smoking weed. The following explanation would easily get them off the hook:

"We'll it sure looked like crack to us and furthermore the crack dealer who shot it swore it was too!"

Again, I think more likely than not he was smoking crack but forgive me for actually expecting some proof.

The Star is not reputable when it comes to political matters. They never have been. Have you never heard them called The 'Red' Star?

The Toronto Sun and the National Post. Scandals out of nothing (ex: remember that Sue-Ann Levy article on WaterfrontTO) plus voters thinking they know everything, which creates a trust issue between government and citizen.

On another note, here's the twitter account of the guy who made the faked Ford video:
https://twitter.com/jimmo4life

Thought he was just curious in seeing if things could be faked, but after looking at his posts...

Disingenuous isn't the word for this guy. And the way he's trying to compare plopping a head on someone else's body with actually making someone talk and do specific movements and, well, act like a natural human being....basically he's full of shit and just trying to get the conspiracy nuts riled up. Again, I refer people to the young Jeff Bridges in Tron:Legacy for an example of the limits of CGI recreated humans.

Your comments make you appear as more of a paper tiger than a tiger master.

I don't believe and never said they fabricated anything. They probably did however distort/embellish/contour/bend the truth to suit their respective agendas.

Let's say it turns out that a panel of forensic video experts determine that he was smoking weed. The following explanation would easily get them off the hook:

"We'll it sure looked like crack to us and furthermore the crack dealer who shot it swore it was too!"

Again, I think more likely than not he was smoking crack but forgive me for actually expecting some proof.

The Star is not reputable when it comes to political matters. They never have been. Have you never heard them called The 'Red' Star?
I've heard them called "The Red Star", but not by anyone I'd ever listen to about anything. Whenever someone brings out the "commie" stuff I tune them out forever.

For someone who is so insistent on "the truth" and "facts", what evidence do you offer to support your claim of distortion? Better yet - how did you know "the truth"? Were you told? Were you guessing? Where did you get that unique perspective that would allow you to come to that judgement, and how do you know your judgement is correct and that it represents the ultimate "truth"?

Say who? Besides, having an editorial slant doesn't not equate to disrepute - if so, every paper on the planet would fall into that category. And interestingly, given the stories the journalists worked on - are you saying Ornge isn't an issue because the Star uncovered it? It is not a reputable political issue because they broke the story?

AoD

Last edited:
Would it be a disservice to Jack Layton and what happened after his death, or would it add to his legacy if people brought out the chalk again for a protest in Nathan Philips Square? Would it be effective protest if "RESIGN" and "LIAR" and "ANSWER THE QUESTIONS" and "GO TO REHAB" were written in big letters all over the square?

I've heard them called "The Red Star", but not by anyone I'd ever listen to about anything. Whenever someone brings out the "commie" stuff I tune them out forever.
Commie ... where do you find wingnuts like this? Good grief, given how The Toronto Star was so anti-Miller, I just can't comprehent how stupid some right-wingers can be. Or are they white-wingers?

Don't know if it's true, but an interesting little note, regarding that ad (http://toronto.canadianlisted.com/o...ford-look-alike-imposter-toronto_1662709.html) for a Rob Ford-lookalike.

Hogtown The Movie said:
@iD4RO I wrote that craigslist ad looking for a #RobFord imposter for the short film. Hogtown the movie man! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92TxF2aLsBU
https://twitter.com/HogtownMovie

Regardless, the rumors flying around will not dissapate until the video is revealed. This is again, why I think the Star and Gawker should have gotten their hands on that video when they saw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back