1.5K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 325     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 884     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between impractical and impossible is a large gulf.

By impractical I mean impossible. $1,000,000 and a hollywood studio couldn't pull it off.

I suppose if they somehow travelled to the future, used technology there to produce the video and came back to present day, a fake could be produced. This is a situation that is not at all impossible, but highly improbable. :rolleyes:

You really do have an extra thick skull, don't you?

Show me the ACTUAL video and if clearly represents what Gawker claims I will surely be convinced.

Forgive me if I don't take the Toronto Star's distorted opinions as gospel. Who else has actually seen it?

For crying out loud, GAWKER was the one broke the story.

The only reason that Torstar reported on it was because GAWKER released information about Ford's crack habits.

That in itself should be telling. Torstar didn't even want this to be happening right now. Gawker forced their hand!

This nonsense about this being some kind of Star scheme is a false timeline fabricated by the Ford's.

It certainly does not look good for the Mayor, that's for sure!

But is in proof that's he smokes crack? No.

Let's say your were the boss of a company.

And lets say that one day, three people individually come up to you claiming that they've seen a video of one of your top employees, who's previously had a drug problem, smoking crack.

And then, they show you a photo of him with two recently murdered drug dealers

And then, the employee in question vanishes for 8 days without saying a word.

And when he does come back, he fails to deny the allegations.

And then, three of his interns abandon him on "moral" grounds

And then, homicide investigators come knocking on your door to question you about the video.

What would you conclude about this employee? I'm curious.

Given the extreme bias of Star and the sensationalist agenda of Gawker I'm entirely unconvinced that whatever they saw is 100% crack cocaine.

If you are, you are quite naive.

You're pulling this nonsense out of your backside.

Gawker has broken countless stories about corporations, politicians and celebrities. They have a great record.

Same thing can be said about Toronto Star. They are one of the only in Canada who does so much investigative journalism. And they have an excellent track record as well. Ask anyone in media (except Toronto Sun).

Do you really expect us to believe that these two organizations worked together to fabricate this, forever ruining their reputation.

You have to be joking.

Considering that all the Star has ever done is call the mayor out on his BS, rather than simply accept the constant propaganda and lies coming out of Ford's mouth, there's nothing that leads me to believe that they have an inherent bias against Ford. It's Ford that has a bias against reality.

Couldn't say it better myself.

To be fair... I could have been persuaded to buy the fake vid theory if:

1) Rob Ford didn't hide for a week.

2) Hotmail.com lawyer didn't use "we don't know what Ford is smoking" argument.

3) Ford's COS did not attempt to convince him to go to rehab and then get canned.

4) Ford did not cut out his comm-team and use statements prepared by his family and himself.

5) Ford did not cause his comm-team to quit abruptly.

6) David Price and the police did not allude to the presence of a video.

Thankfully all of this DID happen, leaving the deniers as conspiracy theorists.

No. This was all fabrications. Umm... ALIENS!!!!! ALIENS DID IT!!!!! COMMIE SCUMBAG LEFTARD ALIENS!!!

81731d1337341427-what-really-sank-kursk-nuclear-im-not-saying-aliens.jpg

I know it must hurt to see your hero going down -- why else would you (and others) be putting so much effort into shooting the messenger?

Whether the Star is the "newspaper of record" is entirely beside the point. It has a long-established reputation for credibility and has been on a bit of a roll over the last five years. I wonder if you were calling it "tabloid" when it was breaking stories on eHealth and the cost overruns at the TDSB? We wouldn't even know about the ORNGE fiasco if it wasn't for the investigative reporting by Kevin Donovan (who BTW also viewed the Ford crack video).

They did that so people like you would think they're a legitimate newspaper. :rolleyes:

Canada Free Press is the only REAL news source. Even the Sun is part of the leftist conspiracy.

By impractical I mean impossible. $1,000,000 and a hollywood studio couldn't pull it off.

I suppose if they somehow travelled to the future, used technology there to produce the video and came back to present day, a fake could be produced. This is a situation that is not at all impossible, but highly improbable. :rolleyes:

If anybody saw Tron: Legacy, they should remember that unconvincing fake young Jeff Bridges and realize that replicating a familiar person talking and acting naturally can't be done yet. It can almost be done if they keep their mouths shut, but once they start talking the illusion is broken.

Let's say your were the boss of a company.

And lets say that one day, three people individually come up to you claiming that they've seen a video of one of your top employees, who's previously had a drug problem, smoking crack.

And then, they show you a photo of him with two recently murdered drug dealers

And then, the employee in question vanishes for 8 days without saying a word.

And when he does come back, he fails to deny the allegations.

And then, three of his interns abandon him on "moral" grounds

And then, homicide investigators come knocking on your door to question you about the video.

What would you conclude about this employee? I'm curious.

I love this. Imma gonna steal it ;)

You can find The Star in Montreal just as easily as you can find the Globe and Mail or the NY Times. Just saying. The Star is more national then most might think.
I'm calling absolute and complete bullshit here. That statement is so totally wrong, that I'm absolutely shocked that anyone would dare attempt such a mistruth.

The Globe is a national paper. It's available in many corner stores in Montreal. Even pre-Internet, you'd have to go find a speciality newsagent who'd carry the Star. I'm well aware of this as I used to live in Montreal, and would have to find the Star when I was job-hunting ... it required me to head downtown. I'm still aware of it as even these days it's easier to find The Globe once you get away from the Anglo sections of Lanaudiere than it is the Gazette, let alone The Star, which I've never once seen.

Not only is the Globe infinitely easier to find in Montreal, it's also available for home delivery (for the same price as in Toronto according to their website - https://customer.globeandmail.ca/HD/Start.aspx - though their taxes are higher). To get the Star home-delivered in Toronto, you have to go to a speciality service. Personally I've never seen it, and it's expensive.

Furthermore, the Globe actually prints the newspaper in Montreal (and has done so for decades). The Toronto Star isn't printed in Montreal.

The Stand Up for Toronto - Demand Rob Ford's Resignation event is up to 1,800 people and rising. I'm aware that only a fraction of them will actually go, but that's so far a likely turnout of 500 people and the event just went up today. If there are 5,000 RSVPs, I figure about 1000-2000 people would show up and that would be quite a demonstration of force and encourage an even bigger one soon after.

Does anybody know the capacity of Nathan Philips Square? What's a typical New Years Eve attendance like?

You need cold hard evidence to convict, not circumstancial B.S..... a reporter saw him smoking crack in a video, doesn't cut it.
Who cares about convication? No one has been charged here. It's not a legal proceeding. No rational person with a straight face would think say that there isn't huge issues here. Clearly Rob Ford isn't fit to govern. Clearly he has substance abuse issues.

Brian Mulroney was never convicted of taking bribes, and even successfully defended himself in court. But even he admitted afterwards to taking an envelope of cash from a lobbyist while an MP.

I spoke with a Ford voter today. We had a friendly discussion. He said he wouldn't vote for him again but said "they're all crooks". I offered David Miller as an example of a clean politician. You can disagree with his policies all you like, but one thing about Miller is that he was never involved in any scandal nor could he ever be accused of taking bribes or misappropriating city funds or services for his own personal use. Then my friend insisted that Miller had taken envelopes of cash from business partners of his. I know Miller well and don't believe this to be true so how do these rumors get taken as fact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back