188     0 
News   Oct 03, 2024
 418     0 
News   Oct 03, 2024
 377     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm, would the police even do anything, lets say they video does come out ?

If you assume no, wouldn't Ford just wait, either they never sell the video, or they do and he simply sticks to his "no comment" ... using this strategy I would assume it would die down a couple weeks after it was releases.

I mean we all already know what is supposedly on the video, so it coming out won't really change public opinion on the matter.

Seems like a good strategy to me ? i.e. simply ignore ... stick with the no comment / its ridiculous.

I get the impression that the videographer wants the video to get out. Not only did they film him smoking crack, but they also baited him into saying some politically damaging stuff. Ford and his allies on the right have deep pockets, and if it were just about the money I'd have thought the video would be gone by now, or even before the media was contacted about it's existence. I also doubt a crack dealer would have problems with blackmail - they got away with selling drugs, so why not blackmail.

$99.4K....looks like it will hit 100K well before the 11pm news.

If the Ford people had the video and were confident that it was the only copy, you can bet that Ford would have come out swinging today, knowing that there would ultimately be no reprisal. It definitely seems like there's an anxious aura around Ford and his people right now.

$100,340

The pace seems to be increasing. It took only 7.5 hours for the most recent $10,000, compared to 8 hours for the previous $10,000.

And there we go...
2lkXAT8.jpg

How do we know they don't? How do we know the seller still has it?

Rob Ford knows exactly who shot it so he knows where to go to buy it. His behavior shows that he doesn't have it.

Does the video still exist? I can't say for sure but what I can say is that if I had that video and I were following the IndieGoGo campaign, you bet I would not destroy the video. I'd skip town waiting for Gawker to pay me $200k.

If you think the video owner may destroy the video for fear of his life, how would that accomplish anything? It's on an iphone, a device that was designed precisely to share what's on it. Does anybody in the video fear being exposed? You bet! Rob Ford. He's the only one in the frame. I believe strongly that everybody in that room was complicit. It wouldn't even be a stretch to say that it was a setup.

Rob Ford knows exactly who shot it so he knows where to go to buy it. His behavior shows that he doesn't have it.

Does the video still exist? I can't say for sure but what I can say is that if I had that video and I were following the IndieGoGo campaign, you bet I would not destroy the video. I'd skip town waiting for Gawker to pay me $200k.

If you think the video owner may destroy the video for fear of his life, how would that accomplish anything? It's on an iphone, a device that was designed precisely to share what's on it. Does anybody in the video fear being exposed? You bet! Rob Ford. He's the only one in the frame. I believe strongly that everybody in that room was complicit. It wouldn't even be a stretch to say that it was a setup.

What lessons could we apply to this crack video situation from our hindsight regarding Ford offering to buy Dieter Doneit-Henderson OxyContin off the street?

In that almost similar instance, Ford's team used a fake Twitter account, tricked Doneit-Henderson into handing over the tape and leaked the tape to Sue-Ann Levy to break the story in a sympathetic light.

We know for a fact how they reacted in that case so I wouldn't be surprised if something similar is in motion this time.

Back when I started this thread, I imagined that Ford would eventually tick enough people off to cause a mass demonstration demanding his removal. I thought it would happen in Nathan Phillips Square. Maybe I was off on the location but a group is starting a sit in the street protest outside Rob Ford's house demanding answers.

http://rob-ford-sit-in.squarespace.com/

I can see this protest growing if it gets media coverage. And why wouldn't it? The media has already started it. They've been outside his house since this morning.

On that note, if you passed at all by City Hall today, you saw the huge display of TV vans parked on the Queen Street forecourt. It wasnt just the usual 2 or 3 this time. There were trucks that I didn't recognize. Some might have been from the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back