346     0 
News   Oct 03, 2024
 322     0 
News   Oct 02, 2024
 6K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon Stewart is making a killing right now on The Daily Show...oh man this is good.
Edit*

"Crack: It's one of Canada's most cherished pastimes"

Last edited:
A separate source: The video is not in the possession of some kid. This is organized crime. Those $200K are going right into Toronto's drug trade. My hunch that this was a setup was correct. Ford was set up. That doesn't reduce his responsibility and the fact that he smokes crack and does business with drug dealers but it is a bit of a moral dilemma giving these people two hundred grand. They got us though, they have something we want and need. Touché druglords, touché.

Talk about a moral dilemma. Would we rather have our mayor associating and doing business with member of the drug trade or would we rather pay the drug guys $200k to get rid of the mayor?

A separate source: The video is not in the possession of some kid. This is organized crime. Those $200K are going right into Toronto's drug trade. My hunch that this was a setup was correct. Ford was set up. That doesn't reduce his responsibility and the fact that he smokes crack and does business with drug dealers but it is a bit of a moral dilemma giving these people two hundred grand. They got us though, they have something we want and need. Touché druglords, touché.

Given that they knew enough to be able to catch Ford, on tape, smoking crack... I'd say Ford being set up was the least of all the wrongs being committed here. I don't like the fact that $200K is being handed over to the drug trade... but a lot of adults have come to their own conclusions and have decided what bringing this tape to light is worth, for them. For some it's $5, for some it's measurably more - but no one has illusions about the fact that all of this money is going to some person/people in the drug trade. The fact that so many have come to that conclusions says a lot about the sentiment towards Rob Ford and what he has done with the City.

Who knew that the chickens would come home to roost in such a spectacular way. Assuming it's real and legit :)

EDIT: On the point about Ford purchasing the video - can you imagine how much damage it would do if Rob/Doug Ford were to be shown to have given $200,000 over to the drug trade in Toronto?? That's what's so amazing about what these drug guys have done - the Mayor could never actually do it without committing political and social suicide. It's one thing to support the drug trade through a crack habit - but it's entirely another for an elected public official to make a lump-sum payment into it. Not only would it prove his guilt, but it would be a potentially worse transgression and it would even further erode the "good" that he purports to be doing with Don Bosco. So I'm not too worried about Ford getting his hands on that tape.

Last edited:
Wow, what a mess!

Now I'm half-expecting a massive police take-down operation in Rexdale within the next few days.

EDIT: On the point about Ford purchasing the video - can you imagine how much damage it would do if Rob/Doug Ford were to be shown to have given $200,000 over to the drug trade in Toronto?? That's what's so amazing about what these drug guys have done - the Mayor could never actually do it without committing political and social suicide. It's one thing to support the drug trade through a crack habit - but it's entirely another for an elected public official to make a lump-sum payment into it. Not only would it prove his guilt, but it would be a potentially worse transgression and it would even further erode the "good" that he purports to be doing with Don Bosco. So I'm not too worried about Ford getting his hands on that tape.

Excellent point!

That raises another problem for Ford: If he is indeed reliant on crack cocaine to control his stress or whatever, with all the pressure he's under right now if there were any time that he's needed it the most, this is it. But he's being monitored everywhere he goes and with a price now on his head, this is easy money. Private detectives, other members of the drug trade and any opportunist could be waiting for Ford to make his next mistake. Either way, he's screwed.

That's why resigning would be his best strategy. He admits the video is real and suddenly the video is not so important because he's just confirmed its authenticity. He gets the press off his back and takes a nice extended vacation out in Florida with his family then comes back with another chance. Will Toronto forgive him? I think many of his strongest supporters would, while many would not want a repeat of the last 3 years. But it's the only shot he's got.

Wow, what a mess!

Now I'm half-expecting a massive police take-down operation in Rexdale within the next few days.

That's what I thought. This source is from somebody in a position to know with certainty what I've reported so this was my first thought: "holy shit, this is much bigger than most people currently realize". It's going to get bigger. I want to emphasize that this particular source is not revealing anything that can't be found out through independent verification and because of his position I don't expect nor would I pressure him to reveal confidential info. He just gave me a short cut. Either way, I'll repeat what I said when I broke this story and pardon my bad language but I feel that it is entirely appropriate and necessary to indicate the severity of this situation: This is a big fucking deal. Ford is in deep shit.

Last edited:
Excellent point!

That raises another problem for Ford: If he is indeed reliant on crack cocaine to control his stress or whatever, with all the pressure he's under right now if there were any time that he's needed it the most, this is it. But he's being monitored everywhere he goes and with a price now on his head, this is easy money. Private detectives, other members of the drug trade and any opportunist could be waiting for Ford to make his next mistake. Either way, he's screwed.

That's why resigning would be his best strategy. He admits the video is real and suddenly the video is not so important because he's just confirmed its authenticity. He gets the press off his back and takes a nice extended vacation out in Florida with his family then comes back with another chance. Will Toronto forgive him? I think many of his strongest supporters would, while many would not want a repeat of the last 3 years. But it's the only shot he's got.

Him admitting that the alleged video is real would essentially gut the Gawker campaign and potentially prevent that $200,000 from getting into the hands of the dealer. It would be a surprisingly noble and humble move on Ford's part.

Flipped from Kimmel to the Daily Show and happened to catch both Ford skits. Was pretty surprised, both shows spent 3/4+ minutes on it.

Ford was the lead story on The Daily Show and it was pretty funny. (Canadians giving head for crack lol) That's our boy Rob, making Toronto proud.

You couldn't even make this Ford story up because nobody would believe that a big city mayor could be this whacked. It would just seem too over the top to be real and yet, his insanity is all too real. I'm sure many books will be written about Ford's time at city hall. We'll look back and think, was it really that crazy?

Last edited:
Back to the campaign, there was a major boost to the goal today. We're now at $105K. That's $95K to go with 6 days left. With the goal in sight, many of those who donated larger sums are often willing to put in more to see the goal reached. We've passed the hump so it's suddenly looking like a very credible campaign which is likely to attract a pack mentality: "Hey, I want to be a part of this winning thing!". I'd love to see the insurance of that $50K in the next couple of days, but I'm becoming increasingly confident that the goal will be reached -- with a large number of people rather than a few deep pocketed donors -- and that we'll be seeing the video next week if it doesn't get leaked before then.

Him admitting that the alleged video is real would essentially gut the Gawker campaign and potentially prevent that $200,000 from getting into the hands of the dealer. It would be a surprisingly noble and humble move on Ford's part.

But wouldn't he also have to face a criminal conviction and prison time? Maybe he thinks he can skate this one, like he has with so many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back