175     1 
News   Oct 03, 2024
 375     0 
News   Oct 03, 2024
 473     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT 2: He says Ford was considering the advice of his advisors over the weekend and looked like he was actually ok with it and thought it was a good idea. To be honest, I think it's a pretty good strategy myself. If I were his PR and with the very few options available, admitting that the video exists and that he's going to go get help is making the best out of a terrible outlook. But who knows? Ford is not good at taking advice although he seems to listen to Doug and the senior Ford is championing this strategy.

I hope he stays on as Mayor. We shouldn't be removing him from the fire just yet, not until he's thoroughly roasted. A Ford return in 2014 will mean further erosion of the fiscal conservative side and its replacement with populism.

Anyways, perhaps the money in the second Indiegogo account will the amount that takes the Gawker Indiegogo campaign over $100,000.

I hadn't heard. Let me try to find out. It sounds like Doug has convinced his brother to go on vacation until 2014...

EDIT: My source doesn't know.

EDIT 2: He says Ford was considering the advice of his advisors over the weekend and looked like he was actually ok with it and thought it was a good idea. To be honest, I think it's a pretty good strategy myself. If I were his PR and with the very few options available, admitting that the video exists and that he's going to go get help is making the best out of a terrible outlook. But who knows? Ford is not good at taking advice although he seems to listen to Doug and the senior Ford is championing this strategy.

my bad - the date was the 16th

I guess we will have to sit tight!

Last edited:
I hope he stays on as Mayor. We shouldn't be removing him from the fire just yet. Anyways, perhaps the money in the second Indiegogo account will the amount that takes the Gawker Indiegogo campaign over $100,000.

No, it'll go over all by itself. It jumped $2,000 in the last hour. Hopefully it'll get to $100K by the 11 o'clock news and will get a mention. Certainly by tomorrow, everybody covering this story will report on how a crowd sourcing effort has already raised $100K. Shows you a lot about what people think about Rob Ford and that round number is click-bait. It'll make headlines for sure. Guaranteed :rolleyes:

Today's lack of acknowledgement on Ford's part just confirms that the video is going to have to come out if this is going to go any further. Ford doesn't have the integrity to address the allegations. I have a hard time imagining how it eventually makes it out if it doesn't come via Crackstarter. But I think we'll know for sure either way shortly after the indiegogo campaign expires.

Gosh. What an idiot.

This video is more relivant than ever before (I think I've posted it before):

[video=youtube;jU7fhIO7DG0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU7fhIO7DG0[/video]

More specifically at 0:45 into the video :rolleyes:

Who on earth would support such a dummy? And why?

I saw on CityTV News that a local Jeweller - Jack Berkovits (OMNI Jewellcraft) has said he would pay $200,000 for the video. Not sure how serious this is. Why spend $200K when he can donate $100K to the crackstarter fund to bring it over the top.

I don't recall if anyone else posted this but the crack video was mentioned in Leno's monologue last night.

You don't need to live in the US to watch the video. He talks about it at 1:30 into video. For those who don't care to watch, he says the mayor probably smokes crack because there's nothing to do here and he's still qualified to be the mayor of DC.

Ford not saying anything today may very well help the Crackstarter campaign. The quieter he is, the more people speculate, which means people are persistently talking about it. It'll reach $100,000 tonight easily. Hopefully Anansi Press adds some perks... they're really popular.

Don Peat tweeted at 8:58am Ford had arrived at city hall. He was gone around 2:11pm from what other people have said on Twitter. That's a five hour day and I can bet you he didn't spent his afternoon making any constituent phone calls or making any public appearances at events outside of city hall. More of that "private time" in his schedule.

Here is a picture of him from this morning... is that the face of an innocent man?

BKy3AKjCcAAQ8XL.jpg

Also this: http://rob-ford-sit-in.squarespace.com/

Attachments

• BKy3AKjCcAAQ8XL.jpg
    BKy3AKjCcAAQ8XL.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 333
I don't recall if anyone else posted this but the crack video was mentioned in Leno's monologue last night.

You don't need to live in the US to watch the video. He talks about it at 1:30 into video. For those who don't care to watch, he says the mayor probably smokes crack because there's nothing to do here and he's still qualified to be the mayor of DC.

Ford not saying anything today may very well help the Crackstarter campaign. The quieter he is, the more people speculate, which means people are persistently talking about it. It'll reach $100,000 tonight easily. Hopefully Anansi Press adds some perks... they're really popular.

Don Peat tweeted at 8:58am Ford had arrived at city hall. He was gone around 2:11pm from what other people have said on Twitter. That's a five hour day and I can bet you he didn't spent his afternoon making any constituent phone calls or making any public appearances at events outside of city hall. More of that "private time" in his schedule.

Here is a picture of him from this morning... is that the face of an innocent man?

View attachment 13135

Also this: http://rob-ford-sit-in.squarespace.com/

What an idiot. The least he can do for Toronto is act like a grown-up and quit hiding in the elevator like a child.

Gosh. What an idiot.

This video is more relivant than ever before (I think I've posted it before):

[video=youtube;jU7fhIO7DG0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU7fhIO7DG0[/video]

More specifically at 0:45 into the video :rolleyes:

Who on earth would support such a dummy? And why?

This needs to be turned into a Rob Ford meme.

I saw on CityTV News that a local Jeweller - Jack Berkovits (OMNI Jewellcraft) has said he would pay $200,000 for the video. Not sure how serious this is. Why spend $200K when he can donate $100K to the crackstarter fund to bring it over the top.

He might want to OWN the video, not help Gawker buy it.

He might want to OWN the video, not help Gawker buy it.

That's the problem with all this. What if some deep pocketed Ford ally scoops up this video from under Gawker's nose and then destroys it or sticks it in his vault. Once AGAIN Ford will be let off the hook. (A pattern that has no doubt been going on his entire life) Then Doug reverts back to being attack dog and the two of them are back on the radio denouncing left wing conspiracies and the Toronto Star. And around and around it goes...

My guess is that Ford's silence is a sign that his camp is working on acquiring the video and they're stalling for time and none of us will ever see it.

He's busy running the 3-1-1 service from home, among other things.

My guess is that Ford's silence is a sign that his camp is working on acquiring the video and they're stalling for time and none of us will ever see it.

That's what I thought since this broke, but surely they would have acquired it by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back