123     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 5.2K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 849     5 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on his work with Brown I think DoFo runs for the Province. Pure speculation here on my part but Mikey is likely being somewhat stealth this and the plan could be to run on the same Ford type Mayoral platform in subsequent elections once his feet are wet and if "uncle" Doug is solidified in the Province down the road. Mikey didn't change his last name for no reason. Scary for those that really fear the platform to think they may have a found a guy to brand around that doesn't do crack, likely never sold a drug and wont out himself if ever elected in. 20-30% City voting support even after Robs lifetime of serious personal issues is fascinating and could easily be passed along to Mikey. I think the far "Left" opposition has done itself no favours by sticking to their old platform and continuing to dig in heels and attack in this climate. To me its a similar extreme Political ideology & blindness that Hudak faced 3 years ago for the Provincial Cons. Vigorously attacking Tory and Ford again is likely only fueling the Fords base. Tory is the closest thing to centre we may see in a Mayor for some time if they choose not to adjust or bring in a popular central leaning candidate.

Last edited:
n-DOUG-FORD-FOLKS-FLYER-570.jpg

Attachments

• n-DOUG-FORD-FOLKS-FLYER-570.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 611
DOUG FORD
FOLKS LYRICS

New!Read & write lyrics explanations
  • Highlightlyrics and explain them to earn Karma points.
[Verse 1:]
Folks, Folks, Folks
Folks, Folks, Folks
Folks, Folks, Folks
Foooooooooooooolks

Folks, Folks, Folks
Folks, Folks, Folks
Folks, Folks, Folks
Foooooooooooooolks

[Chorus:]
F-f-f-f-f-f-Folks x 2

Verse 2:
Folks, Folks, Folks
Folks, Folks, Folks
Folks, Folks, Folks
Foooooooooooooolks

Folks, Folks, Folks
Folks, Folks, Folks
Folks, Folks, Folks
Foooooooooooooolks

[Chorus:]
F-f-f-f-f-f-Folks x 2

• Explanations
  • Meanings
  • Email
  • Print
  • Correct
Tweet
+

https://www.thestar.com/news/city_h...he-doug-ford-out-of-running-to-be-an-mpp.html

I was debating whether this should go in the Ford thread or the Ontario election thread. Basically, the Ontario PC's are trying to convince Doug not to go for Etobicoke North.

The reality is the PC's are going through a major change internally and the old regime is throwing fits. PB and DoFo have been extremely tight in public events for the last couple years almost like Rob and Doug. Its obvious Brown is aligned with Doug but the "classic" Conservatives are likely a bit envious and bitter at Dougs high profile and current standing with the leader of the Party. IMO Doug has a better chance at MPP than Mayor, and also doubt he cares about what those that are upset think of him.

The reality is the PC's are going through a major change internally and the old regime is throwing fits. PB and DoFo have been extremely tight in public events for the last couple years almost like Rob and Doug. Its obvious Brown is aligned with Doug but the "classic" Conservatives are likely a bit envious and bitter at Dougs high profile and current standing with the leader of the Party. IMO Doug has a better chance at MPP than Mayor, and also doubt he cares about what those that are upset think of him.

I think it's the opposite - Brown doesn't want anything to do with him, just as he has disavowed social conservatives.

He's trying to move towards the centre - Doug Ford doesn't help.

Let's see how many times he invokes the name of his sainted brother. Rob Ford had his following but I don't know how much that "Rob Ford magic" will stick with Doug. He has all the charm of a serpent. He already lost once, how many people want a return to Ford chaos when things have been going pretty smoothly at City Hall? Of course he thinks it'll help if he gets the "official" media voice of the Ford Dynasty, CP2Ford, to give him lots of air time and lots of publicity since it's on in so many places. He ain't Rob, and he likely won't get the Rob sympathy vote this time. The revised dates will keep him from beginning his camping on January 1 at least.

We binge-watched the Ford follies once before folks, we don't need a revival!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back