He let it slip that's he's running for mayor. Let the good times roll
Now, you have to ask why the timing of Doug's appearance. It's either to:
- push the Tories into letting him run in EN by demonstrating his popularity
- the Tories are about to nominate someone else in EN and he wants to get in front of the story
- he truly thinks he can win the mayoral race,
- he wants to run for mayor and this is to keep Keesmat out of the press, or
- he's a publicity-seeking sociopath and won't run for anything
Maybe the money is drying up in the "label and tag" business and Mikey isn't delivering like promised.
The only time I've seen Mikey in the news was in his failed bid, under different auspices, to try and rid Queen Street of streetcars permanently.I'd say it's pure 100% Ego driving DoFo here, but there may be some slight consideration to the latter point. Mikey isn't anywhere remotely near being the trouble magnet/spotlight whore/publicity hound that his scumbag uncles were/are. He also doesn't appear to be following the family tradition of being a proud reactionary nut, even if he is fairly conservative. Thug may well have some vague notion of keeping the Ford "brand" alive, which (natch) amounts to nothing more than sheer, blatant, in-your-face self-promotion, a quality young Mikey is sorely lacking.
FFS, why won't he just go away? Maybe the money is drying up in the "label and tag" business and Mikey isn't delivering like promised.
"Is Doug Ford poised to announce he’ll run for mayor?"