1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 459     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap.... just saw Mikey Ford on CP24, re: Rob. He looks like he's lost a substantial amount of weight (good for him), and he's had a complete gay makeover. He's well dressed, has had his hair dyed & fashionably styled and he's sporting a 5 O'Clock shadow. Until he opens his mouth, he looks.... good! Next up: a loft in West Queen West.

Really????

Oh damn, I'd have to go back and check for sure. I think it was during his 1010 interview a couple of days ago. He definitely said he'd be taking care of some of Rob's constituent calls.

And as the Fords might say, he can do that till the cows come home; but should Rob be unable to attend Council and his seat becomes vacant, then there is an official process in place to fill it. This early on in a term, it will likely be a by-election. Towards the end, Council itself can vote on a replacement.

Yeah, it's just constituency calls, which I guess they can't stop him from doing, although I have no idea how a non-councilor is going to help anyone with anything. Weird that he said the city gave him permission to do it, like he actually asked.

http://www.640toronto.com/2015/10/27/87542/
Not weird at all. This is Doug. He lies as easily as he breathes.

I also don't recall council agreeing to allow him to do this.
IIRC the city just said they couldn't stop Doug from being a volunteer in Rob's office. He can't be on the payroll as a sibling but lots of councillors have volunteers helping out.

Newstalk 1010's doctor contributor says Ford's type of cancer rarely spreads and that the tumour is likely a whole new type. But online articles say it often spreads, even to vital organs. I'm guessing if it's connected to the first cancer that's the worst case scenario?

First born - he would have been forged in fire being the only one Doug Sr. could unleash on. Then he would have been told to fix things for the other kids so the parents could ignore everyone's needs and be outwardly amiable.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was much more than we think.
it's been discussed on this board before, but i gotta mention it again.

i find it really weird that the 1st born son got his own name, and the 2nd born son got the junior notation.

2 theories have been suggested on this board... either randy isn't doug sr's, and therefore doug sr. wouldn't put his name on him, or... doug jr isn't doug sr's so he put his name on him to overcompensate / show he's claiming doug as his.

Dougie, of course, used today's news to slam the books that came out this week. Like why are you writing these horrible things about Robbie? Look, he has cancer.

Article by Jonathan Goldsbie about Towhey's book.

https://nowtoronto.com/news/city-hall/it-takes-mark-towhey-to-tango/

"The book’s subtitle is How I Tried To Help The World’s Most Notorious Mayor, but it could just as easily have been Why I’m Not To Blame."
In a particularly moving passage, Towhey confesses that he was secretly hoping that Ford would lose his conflict-of-interest appeal and be booted from the job, giving him and the other staff an opportunity to finally escape from the thumb of a “megalomaniacal addict.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back