1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 460     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me that only Newstalk1010 has tweeted the heads up. Even Don Peat, someone who usually tweets everything Ford-related, hasn't mentioned anything about it coming.

Another funny takeaway from Towhey's book:

According to Towhey, the ex-mayor often made things even more uncomfortable around the office by inventing slanderous stories about his employees. Some aides, Towhey says, were hired essentially to serve as moles for Doug Ford. Others took bets on how long their coworkers would last in their jobs. And, Towhey says, the whole office had a habit of joking about Ford’s “solid two-hour” workdays, which involved attending breakfast meetings as “a flyby on his way home” from whatever he was doing the night before.

yeah, it's on the Star's twitter now too. Guess it's a matter if this new tumour is benign, mets or a different cancer (? so not a doctor here, just wondering).

I used to think that way about Ford - why hasn't he died of a heart attack? Why hasn't he wrapped his car around a pole while drunk driving? Why hasn't he overdosed on all those drugs? Why hasn't anyone beaten him to death for being such an asshole?

But then he got cancer, and now I sleep soundly each night knowing that his days are numbered.
Looks like kaboi's apparent wishes may come true.

The cancer Rob had doesn't have great outcomes, as discussed here ad nauseam earlier this year, sadly this comes as no real surprise.

Holy crap.... just saw Mikey Ford on CP24, re: Rob. He looks like he's lost a substantial amount of weight (good for him), and he's had a complete gay makeover. He's well dressed, has had his hair dyed & fashionably styled and he's sporting a 5 O'Clock shadow. Until he opens his mouth, he looks.... good! Next up: a loft in West Queen West.

I'm also thinking about that statement Doug gave where he said council has allowed him to take over some of Rob's duties. I wonder if that's actually true?

When Rob went in for his surgery, or thereabouts, Doug spouted some claptrap about looking after Rob's council business. It was shown at the time that this wouldn't be allowed under council rules. I don't recall the details, just that it was more Doug BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back