82     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local recurrence sounds most plausible to me. He did have a second tumor in his butt, and the bladder doesn't seem that far from the original tumor site, no? Everything seems to be happening in roughly the same area, and in ways that correspond roughly to my understanding of what I've read. If that's the case, I wonder what treatment options are available. Chemo is probably on the table as way of getting to whatever cells may be floating around. But how much chemo — and how strong a course — a person can stand up to in relatively rapid succession?

Re survival stats: Yes. The media (and Rob) is taking a pretty generic view of things. My recollection is that the 50/50 odds an average of survival rates of PLS occurences in various parts of the body. And even then, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of data kicking around to firm up the numbers. Not surprising though, given that PLS is rare.

BTW, did anyone ever say Rob's tumor was retroperitoneal? Even the statements from the doctors seemed vague on that point.
retroperitoneal.JPG

https://twitter.com/n8pennell/status/512354560946356224

Attachments

• retroperitoneal.JPG
    retroperitoneal.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 515

Attachments

• CQ6QGGZUEAAkWZr.jpg
    CQ6QGGZUEAAkWZr.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 495
  • HWDRNb7M_400x400.jpg
    HWDRNb7M_400x400.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 501
That said, I've always wondered how good Rob would even be at noticing symptoms of any kind. Even "clean and sober," he seems to lack any kind of self-awareness, and has probably learned to ignore or mask the vast array of alarming signals his damaged body must be sending to his addled brain every minute of every day.

“He’s been complaining about pains over the last couple of weeks and then finally he went in and ended up getting checked out,” he said.

“So he was just starting to feel a little confident and then bang out of left field this comes along too. So it’s tough right now.”
http://globalnews.ca/news/2304851/r...rs-have-discovered-new-tumour-on-his-bladder/

So, in Global interview, Doug is admitting he made Rob do the circus bear thing at Harper rally knowing Rob was in pain for a couple of weeks? I want to know what they were doing for pain management.

it's been discussed on this board before, but i gotta mention it again.

i find it really weird that the 1st born son got his own name, and the 2nd born son got the junior notation.

2 theories have been suggested on this board... either randy isn't doug sr's, and therefore doug sr. wouldn't put his name on him, or... doug jr isn't doug sr's so he put his name on him to overcompensate / show he's claiming doug as his.
I missed or forgot the earlier speculation, but naming the first Randy is a bit pointed, kind of a constant reminder of Dad's nastiness.

Cynical me is wondering about coincidences:
Mikey looks prepped and ready to run in a by-election.
Rob just happens to announce his "new cancer" at the same time as two new books are released.

Yes, I'd rather see Michael as councillor too. A Ford that doesn't speak would be a refreshing change.

it's been discussed on this board before, but i gotta mention it again.

i find it really weird that the 1st born son got his own name, and the 2nd born son got the junior notation.

2 theories have been suggested on this board... either randy isn't doug sr's, and therefore doug sr. wouldn't put his name on him, or... doug jr isn't doug sr's so he put his name on him to overcompensate / show he's claiming doug as his.

I don't know if I really buy either theory, although in that older photo of Doug Sr and boys, Randy looks more like Doug Sr (as does Rob), whereas Doug resembles Diane more.

I'm more trouble by their utter lack of imagination when it comes to names:

Randal Douglas Ford
Douglas Bruce Ford or maybe Douglas Robert Ford, it's hard to confirm.
Robert Bruce Ford

It's like by the time Robbie came along, Doug Sr & Diane were like, 'Ah, coming up with middle names is hard'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back