News   Jul 16, 2024
 367     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
dforthandbview:

Council I can understand - but what he said on a radio talkshow? For someone who isn't the mayor anymore at that? That's just too much - if I wanted that, I would have followed that talk show directly. That's the reason why I unfollowed Don.

AoD

A few times, Ann Hui of the Globe has tweeted about Rob and got negative feedback, so she posted an editorial stating why the paper will continue to cover him. I don't think that people like Don Peat want to do this, but their superiors tell them to do it.

As predicted:

Don Peat
‏@reporterdonpeat
"I didn't lose to him. I think I would have beaten him if I'd stayed on the ballot" Rob Ford on John Tory via @MooreintheAM #TOpoli

Considering that Robbie lost from his "Well-Hab" stint and the substance fueled tours of cottage country that also included the "Country Pumpkin"; His numbers suffered greatly from this point on, so technically, if Robbie refutes losing to Tory then Robbie has to recognize that he lost the mayoral race to his stupidity.

The Ford numbers were practically stagnant, and in reality, Dougie would have beaten Robbie, so...

Last edited:
I don't think that people like Don Peat want to do this, but their superiors tell them to do it.

And that would be another reason to unfollow and refusing to click on Sun links.

Considering that Robbie lost from his "Well-Hab" stint and the substance fueled tours of cottage country that also included the "Country Pumpkin". His numbers suffered greatly from this point on, so technically, if Robbie refutes losing to Tory then Robbie has to recognize that he lost the mayoral race to his stupidity.

The Ford numbers were practically stagnant, and in reality, Dougie would have beaten Robbie, so...

Taking a page from RoFo's letter to the Clerk, perhaps someone can send another to Ulli S. Watkiss asking her to reiterate the results of the last election and the rules around the legitimacy of a claim to mayoralty by a candidate having withdrawn from race?

AoD

Last edited:
I bet he's right:

Marc Coward
‏@MarcCoward
If you're anticipating Rob Ford's next shit shows, I'd circle the days just before March 2-6, March 24-27 and April 13-17 on your calendar.

I'm a bit of a city hall junkie, so I follow a lot of them. Matt Elliott (metro), Jennifer Pagliaro (Star), Don Peat (Sun), David Rider (Star), Marcus Gee (G&M), Betsy Powell (Star), Ben Spurr (NOW), David Nickle (inside Toronto), Ann Hui (G&M), Jonathan Goldsbie (NOW). Wow, that's even more than I thought :p. No wonder my twitter feed was so crazy yesterday.
Can't forget The Star's Royson James, CBC's Jamie Strashin, Elizabeth Church from the Globe and Mail, and Natalie Alcoba from The National Post :)

Attachments

• flagcomittee2.jpg
    flagcomittee2.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 464
I bet he's right:

Marc Coward
‏@MarcCoward
If you're anticipating Rob Ford's next shit shows, I'd circle the days just before March 2-6, March 24-27 and April 13-17 on your calendar.

Okay, I'm guessing the first March dates are about Lisi's trial and the June dates have to do with Jude's conflict of interest case. What is the third set of dates (and am I even right on the other 2?)

Okay, I'm guessing the first March dates are about Lisi's trial and the June dates have to do with Jude's conflict of interest case. What is the third set of dates (and am I even right on the other 2?)

I thought Jude's case was in december?

http://news.yahoo.com/ukrainian-politicians-get-into-fistfight-in-parliament-building-185139689.html

Makes council look like a tea party!

Siobhan Morris @siomo
CBC News reporting Sun News will indeed fold tomorrow. Bottom line: more media jobs, gone.

I have no sympathy for Ezra Levant.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...el-to-shut-down-permanently-sources-1.2955664

CP24 @CP24
BREAKING: Quebecor will shut down the Sun TV signal at 5 a.m. Friday morning, CTV News has confirmed. 150 employees will be laid off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back