Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2015-02-12 at 10.05.24 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-12 at 10.05.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-12 at 10.05.24 AM.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 552
That reminds me of a bloke I heard on the subway subway subway this weekend who was opining that since RoFo didn't lose the election, that means he's technically still mayor. Myself and the missus were trying hard not to laugh at the idiot.

And good news on the Sun News front! Any chance they can take the print rag with them too?

I think it's only the TV Sun News shutting down, but I could be wrong, I'm not perfect.;)

The Sun newspaper will be around for at least a while yet, now that the chain is being bought by Postmedia. PM will nurse it along and cut costs at the back end. Otherwise, there'd be no reason to spend the money.

The Sun newspaper will be around for at least a while yet, now that the chain is being bought by Postmedia. PM will nurse it along and cut costs at the back end. Otherwise, there'd be no reason to spend the money.

So the Sun would basically be written in Newspeak and NP Oldspeak?

AoD

So the Sun would basically be written in Newspeak and NP Oldspeak?

AoD

Newspeak, but of course. NP Oldspeak? I doubt it. PM will almost surely keep the Sun newsroom going in some, probably smaller, form for the sake of retaining the readership. I don't think we'll see a lot of difference at first, at least in terms of look and feel. But the inside stuff — copy editors, page designers, admin, sales staff etc — should be fattening their savings accounts. PM has already centralized much of its copy editing/page layout for the entire chain in Hamilton. I suspect much of the Sun chain work will be headed there in the new future.

In your opinion, who is the best city hall reporter to follow on twitter?
I'm a bit of a city hall junkie, so I follow a lot of them. Matt Elliott (metro), Jennifer Pagliaro (Star), Don Peat (Sun), David Rider (Star), Marcus Gee (G&M), Betsy Powell (Star), Ben Spurr (NOW), David Nickle (inside Toronto), Ann Hui (G&M), Jonathan Goldsbie (NOW). Wow, that's even more than I thought :p. No wonder my twitter feed was so crazy yesterday.

And that's not including the non-city hall folk that will comment on city hall when something's going on, like Norm Wilner (NOW).

I suppose with the Ford circus somewhat over, city hall reporters on twitter during council meetings have become rather annoying. Of course the atmosphere was different during the Ford era, but now it just bugs me. For instance, they'll live tweet the meeting and periodically quote what a councillor says. Great. But as soon as Ford steps up they all start going crazy and practically tweet everything coming out of his mouth. They really do have a hard on for Ford. He's saying hello to some school kids in the gallery? Better take a photo and tweet it! He's chatting with another councillor? Better take a photo and tweet it! It's funny how in 2013-14 something like that wouldn't have bothered me but now it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back