373     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 558     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
And to take it a step further, if Doug truly is a vegetarian, he wouldn't eat anything made with bone and cartilage. Of course we know he's full of poop as far as the vegetarian thing goes.

Well, maybe he is afraid of persecution by PETA?

Guess Kathy couldn't make it.

My guess is things must be pretty bad if the matriarch has to get her hands dirty.

AoD

Just to put this latest Jew-thread to a rest: normally gelatin is made from pig bones. "Kosher gelatin" is made from fish bones. Some brands of kosher marshmallows are disgusting, clearly made by people who never had a real one, but some of them are just fine. So, if you're bringing a tray of homemade Rice Krispy treats to Karla's house, shop accordingly.

I always thought gelatin was made from beef bones, but when I googled it said it can come from pretty much any form of bones. Vegetarians don't eat gelatin -- imagine a life without gummy worms and marshmallows! (there are vegetarian marshmallows that aren't all that bad) It's amazing how much stuff has gelatin in it when you start label reading.

I always thought gelatin was made from beef bones, but when I googled it said it can come from pretty much any form of bones. Vegetarians don't eat gelatin -- imagine a life without gummy worms and marshmallows! (there are vegetarian marshmallows that aren't all that bad) It's amazing how much stuff has gelatin in it when you start label reading.

Agar/Kanten is a replacement - and it's derived from algae. Not exactly the same, though I find it firmer and more pleasant than gelatin.

AoD

Vegetarians don't eat gelatin --
That's up to the vegetarian though. Some do, some don't. There's no universal code or anything ... I've even seen a self-identified "vegetarian" happily down a lobster they saw cooked from live that makes even a meat-lover like me feel guilt because in their world, shell-fish isn't meat.

You may not have kids, but they're still spending your money, and there are a lot of issues with how TDSB is spending money these days.

Meh. They're going to spend it anyway. I honestly don't know anything about what TDSB is doing and I honestly don't care. Sorry.

I found this interesting.

June 13, 2011

1. He’s worried this job will kill him
Talk to the mayor, councillor. Despite being on the job for little over six months, the 260-pounder is worried that the go-go-go pace of being a city councillor is going to break him. He won’t even commit to running again in 2014 (yikes!), telling the Globe: “I know one thing, I don’t want to be reading my obituary in the newspaper, and this place may very well kill me if I go much longer.”
http://www.torontolife.com/informer/toronto-politics/2011/06/13/globe-doug-ford/

That's up to the vegetarian though. Some do, some don't. There's no universal code or anything ... I've even seen a self-identified "vegetarian" happily down a lobster they saw cooked from live that makes even a meat-lover like me feel guilt because in their world, shell-fish isn't meat.

Just because a self proclaimed vegetarian eats lobster and calls themselves a vegetarian doesn't make them one. I could call myself a vegan even though I eat dairy, eggs and honey but I'm not a vegan.

Last edited:
I found this interesting.

June 13, 2011

1. He’s worried this job will kill him
Talk to the mayor, councillor. Despite being on the job for little over six months, the 260-pounder is worried that the go-go-go pace of being a city councillor is going to break him. He won’t even commit to running again in 2014 (yikes!), telling the Globe: “I know one thing, I don’t want to be reading my obituary in the newspaper, and this place may very well kill me if I go much longer.”
http://www.torontolife.com/informer/toronto-politics/2011/06/13/globe-doug-ford/

Wow, he is 260, or at least was? That's crazy because he's probably no more than 5'10.

And in that same article it's confirmed he's no longer vegetarian but doesn't eat red meat.

Just to put this latest Jew-thread to a rest: normally gelatin is made from pig bones. "Kosher gelatin" is made from fish bones. Some brands of kosher marshmallows are disgusting, clearly made by people who never had a real one, but some of them are just fine. So, if you're bringing a tray of homemade Rice Krispy treats to Karla's house, shop accordingly.

A lot of gelatin is actually from horse bones.

Wow, he is 260, or at least was? That's crazy because he's probably no more than 5'10.

And in that same article it's confirmed he's no longer vegetarian but doesn't eat red meat.

This was what caught my eye more than anything, "1. He’s worried this job will kill him".

I guess he's referring to stress.

I've never met Doug personally, but from what I have seen on TV, he seems ( to me at least ) more the type: "I don't get ulcers, I give them." ;)

"has described himself as a "hammer" or "enforcer"
https://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat/status/514818100165103616

In my I've never known a man with either of those nicknames.

And to take it a step further, if Doug truly is a vegetarian, he wouldn't eat anything made with bone and cartilage. Of course we know he's full of poop as far as the vegetarian thing goes.

He probably doesn't realize what gelatin is and where it comes from or where it's used, like a lot of people.

Originally Posted by AlvinofDiaspar
Don't think there is any Oriental, jury is still out on the dog.

AoD

I don't see the connection.

Korean and dog, there is a stereotype of Koreans eating dogs, it's a take off something a Ford would say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back