3K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is Rob's way of passively resisting his family's wishes. I don't think the decision to leave the mayoral race was made by Rob. I think he was forced into it, and this is his way of rebelling. He did the same thing after last November when he declared he was clean as a whistle. Yet, there he was, out at nightclubs and being photographed with comically high numbers of people. He did the same at rehab, out and about taking pics when he really should've been getting himself clean and in group therapy meetings.

So he gets forced into stepping aside to let Doug run and toes the family line with the media about being so very very ill. Ward 2 is a lock—or so they believe, but Rob isn't happy about being pushed aside for his big brother to play cleanup.
Post chemo photos are Rob's passive aggressive way of giving the finger to mom and Doug. He wants to be seen, and not to prove how strong he is, but how little the family can control him.

Very perceptive, as usual Zang.

Could be the effects of chemo?

Most chemo regimes include potent steroids to deal with nausea, weight gain being one of the most prominent side effects. Usually takes longer though. Not that Rob ever looked all that well even when he was as "health as a horse" or as "sober as a judge".

Most chemo regimes include potent steroids to deal with nausea, weight gain being one of the most prominent side effects. Usually takes longer though. Not that Rob ever looked all that well even when he was as "health as a horse" or as "sober as a judge".

A bad liver probably doesn't help too.

Don Peat @reporterdonpeat
"The biggest hazard is running right down the middle of St. Clair Avenue" Doug Ford at tonight's debate #TOpoli

Surely, he's not politicizing a tragedy. Because that tweet, out of context, sure makes it sound like that is indeed the case.

My sister had a very aggressive cancer. She didn't drop any weight until her final two weeks, at which point it vanished rapidly.

So sorry for your loss. The person at work who is basically terminal didn't seem overly skinny either.

A bad liver probably doesn't help too.

I wonder if he is diabetic too.

So sorry for your loss. The person at work who is basically terminal didn't seem overly skinny either.

A girl I knew had lymphoma and she said everyone that was getting chemo was also on steroids and they were all overweight during treatment.

RoFo was putting weight back on before he went into the hospital. When he came back from spahab he had some new suits and would button them up to make himself look thinner, but once he started unbuttoning the jacket or not wearing it at all, you could see the weight gain was back.

Jude MacDonald ‏@judemacdonald 4m4 minutes ago
Look forward to being back. Things will unfold very quickly tomorrow. This isn't a rumour. Isn't "chatter." My direct action. #Risk #INM

Thank you. It was a few years ago. The grief lessens with time. As to diabetes, it's also possible Rob has a cirrhotic liver. This would explain why surgery was not the first response in his case. Cirrhosis causes clotting factor issues which can create life-threatening bleeds. Of course, that's just speculation on my part (although not overly tin foil hatty).

Last edited:
A girl I knew had lymphoma and she said everyone that was getting chemo was also on steroids and they were all overweight during treatment.

RoFo was putting weight back on before he went into the hospital. When he came back from spahab he had some new suits and would button them up to make himself look thinner, but once he started unbuttoning the jacket or not wearing it at all, you could see the weight gain was back.

He looks at least 15 years older than he really is.

Thank you. It was a few years ago. The grief lessens with time. As to diabetes, it's also possible Rob has a cirrhotic liver. This would explain why surgery was not the first response in his case. Cirrhosos causes clotting factor issues which can create life-threatening bleeds. Of course, that's just speculation on my part (although not overly tin foil hatty).

I think it is very reasonable speculation given how much he abused his body.

Jude MacDonald ‏@judemacdonald 4m4 minutes ago
Look forward to being back. Things will unfold very quickly tomorrow. This isn't a rumour. Isn't "chatter." My direct action. #Risk #INM

There is a "Risk" board game as part of the sit-in which was delivered by a supporter after the Fords switched places in the race. I don't know anything about the game so I will watch eagerly tomorrow.

Also, Soknacki's campaign will release their FOI stuff Friday. He said it was tomorrow but then corrected himself so Friday it is.

Thank you. It was a few years ago. The grief lessens with time. As to diabetes, it's also possible Rob has a cirrhotic liver. This would explain why surgery was not the first response in his case. Cirrhosos causes clotting factor issues which can create life-threatening bleeds. Of course, that's just speculation on my part (although not overly tin foil hatty).

He probably has fatty liver disease, but the main issue with any liver function impairment is that it may require dose reductions of chemo or be a contra-indication to any chemo. So, Rob presumably has acceptable liver function (prior to chemo anyway).

I've always thought he likely has sleep apnea. He'd definitely be hard to ventilate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back