3K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget the nasty nomination battle between Chris Stockwell and DoFoSr for the redistributed Etobicoke North riding - I am sure there is plenty of bad blood between the family and the establishment, and RoDoFo is part of DiFo's plans to get even through populism.

It was Etobicoke Centre that they battled for. (Though wasn't DoFoSr originally gunning for battling John Hastings for Etobicoke North? Not sure)

I think it looks very inappropriate for a mayor to be "demoted" to a lower pay grade. Has it ever happened?

Well, with mega-amalgamation in 1997, Holyday, Nunziata, Prue and Faubert all made the move downstairs.

bubbleTOsignST.jpg

Found this on BubbleTO :)

Attachments

• bubbleTOsignST.jpg
    bubbleTOsignST.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 884
JimmiT asked earlier today, many pages back, if there was a way to track when the Facebook page for Jaclyn Dawe (as a missing person) was taken down. Has anyone with Internet juju looked at that yet? I would willingly try, but my fear is that my clumsy attempts would probably break the Internet.

The Ward 2 debate was apparently very good. I wonder how many residents will watch it and know that Rob skipped the debate to spend five minutes somewhere else. It probably doesn't matter though, as most people just vote for a Ford...

Last edited:
@MichaelDunbarJr 3h
So glad @DougFord2014 consented for this photo. Also, I'm loving the nightly assaults by @graemeTO. Luvu2bb #TOpoli

By52CzvIUAEaJXP.jpg

This guy is fun, :D

Is he really getting under DoFo and Graeme's skin just by pointing out that Doug says "folks" a lot??

There is a "Risk" board game as part of the sit-in which was delivered by a supporter after the Fords switched places in the race. I don't know anything about the game so I will watch eagerly tomorrow.

Also, Soknacki's campaign will release their FOI stuff Friday. He said it was tomorrow but then corrected himself so Friday it is.

I'm curious about Jude's comments re "being back" and "direction action." I wonder where she went. Sounds like she's filed some kind of complaint or provided info to some agency that's launching an investigation, maybe in Ottawa? I guess we'll see.

I'm curious about Jude's comments re "being back" and "direction action." I wonder where she went. Sounds like she's filed some kind of complaint or provided info to some agency that's launching an investigation, maybe in Ottawa? I guess we'll see.

Her Twitter timeline shows that she went to a wedding out of town, so that is not it. I think that by "direct action" she means that she has done/is doing something herself and is not dealing in "chatter" on what others have 'supposenly' done/will do, a la MetroMan.

Sounds like it is something about Robbie that she thinks will stick to Doug Jr via his assertions that Robbie's record is his record (as in, all decisions were made by both of them).

Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 12.03.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 12.04.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 12.05.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 12.43.36 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 12.03.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 12.03.51 AM.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 732
  • Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 12.04.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 12.04.32 AM.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 763
  • Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 12.05.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 12.05.25 AM.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 766
  • Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 12.11.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 12.11.43 AM.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 572
  • Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 12.43.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 12.43.36 AM.png
    36 KB · Views: 762
Last edited:
According to Graeme-the-red-hunter, Ford and Silverstain think that this tale is a 'killer gotcha'. (I have not been able to find anything about who the author of the storify version is.)

https://storify.com/Chapter11/the-missing-years-in-john-tory-s-business-resume

so is this the thing that Doug is still hinting at?
@reporterdonpeat 7 hours ago
“Stay tunedâ€: Doug Ford on John Tory’s resume http://ow.ly/Cb4NP #TOpoli

we already saw it here yesterday and I saw it passed around a bit on twitter, so if this is it, then it has already leaked. (Also the link is not working for me anymore)

“Stay tuned”: Doug Ford on John Tory’s resume http://ow.ly/Cb4NP #TOpoli

we already saw it here yesterday and I saw it passed around a bit on twitter, so if this is it, then it has already leaked. (Also the link is not working for me anymore)

I think that it is. I think that Ford & Silverstain are sitting on what they believe to be a 'gotcha' about Tory's past until closer to the election.

It is not a leaked matter - the info about Tory and the US company is contained in SEC filings. etc, that are public, and the storify-ed version that I posted the link to has been around for 6 months. It is just not general knowledge.

“Stay tuned”: Doug Ford on John Tory’s resume http://ow.ly/Cb4NP #TOpoli

Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 12.57.32 AM.png

Graeme McEacheran is the glorified receptionist from Robbie's office who took leave from CH to work for Robbie's campaign and is now working for Doug Jr.'s campaign.

The description - Charter went "bankrupt" (which people will tend to think meant that it ceased business, with all creditors closing their money, all employees losing their jobs, etc.) - is as misleading in fact as I expect will be the attempted smear of Tory. The fact that Charter had $20 billion of debt financing is hardly surprising - it was the 3rd largest cable company in the US by revenues (it has since slipped to 4th). What happened is that Charter went through a pre-arranged voluntary Chapter 11 case (not "bankruptcy") in 2009, in the course of which its initial shares were cancelled and about $8 billlion of its debt financing was converted to new shares; it also obtained $3 billion in fresh financing. As a result the controlling shareholders changed and, as is expected in such cases, they selected a new board of directors, so that Tory left. (The debt that was converted was bought up by investment funds who bought it precisely so that they could exchange it for new shares via a pre-arranged Chapter 11 case.) Charter emerged from the Chapter 11 case and remains in business to this day (as mentioned, it is the 4th largest US cable company measured by revenues, as well as the 10th largest US telephone company measured by number of customers).

The smear will misleadingly suggest that it is Tory's fault that Charter raised $20 billion in debt financing (much of it was incurred before he went on Charter's board of directors, not to mention that there is nothing unusual about such a debt for a company of the size of Charter) and that Charter tanked and everyone lost a fortune (not true - see above) and that this event (which did not in fact occur) was Tory's fault - and that Tory has tried to fraudulently conceal all of this from the 'good taxpayers of Toronto' by leaving it off of his resume (which resume, I don't know; you tell me), even though it is all public information contained in the quartely and annual SEC filings of Charter. The smear will be designed to exploit the gullibility of people who don't know what Chapter 11 actually is about, how corporate financing is done or how corporate governance works - i.e., pretty much everyone who would ever seriously think of voting for Doug Jr. (and, not coincidentally, including McEacheran, whose qualifications for employment seem to be his claim that he is a sommelier plus his apparent willingness to disprove Doug Jr.'s assertion that loyalty cannot be bought).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 12.57.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 12.57.32 AM.png
    26 KB · Views: 736
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back