Status
Not open for further replies.
Saint Robbicus shall henceforth be untouched by Toronto media because CANCER

robosphere88.JPG

Attachments

• robosphere88.JPG
    robosphere88.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 894
I thought she was one of the founders of rabble.ca.

The complaint noted below was dismissed by the IC fairly recently (within last 2 months or so, IIRC). IC concluded Ford staffers were willing volunteers and on own time (again, IIRC).

Torontoist
December 18, 2012

Extract from "Heroes of 2012" (Jude MacDonald and Paul Magder):

Former rabble.ca editor Jude MacDonald filed her September 13 complaint against the mayor with City integrity commissioner Janet Leiper after the Globe and Mail published an article by Kelly Grant and Elizabeth Church noting that two employees from the mayor’s office appeared to be assisting him with administering his high school football teams, and that Ford had hired a former U of T quarterback to work as a “special assistant” in his office—and on the field. MacDonald used the Globe article as the basis for her formal complaint, in which she alleges that Ford breached council’s code of conduct by using City resources for something other than City business. As of this writing, the integrity commissioner has yet to release her findings on MacDonald’s complaint.

And praise be for that! A few cracks in that idea, even if the Leafs are as bad at their jobs as Rob & Doug.

They listened somewhat, but still had to save face slightly with some corporate double speak shuffle.

http://www.blogto.com/sports_play/2014/10/toronto_will_be_spared_the_shame_of_ford_square/

Maple Leaf Square will not be renamed Ford Square. Instead, the Leafs announced yesterday that the corporate re-branding will be known as the Ford Fan Zone at Maple Leaf Square. That's a mouthful, but it's still better than the alternative. And besides, no one's going to call it anything other than its original name anyway, so best to keep that in there in some official way (lest we repeat the SkyDome/Rogers Centre disaster).

"Ford Fan Zone@Maple Leaf Square". Wonder if that will be a new popular spot if I want to score some...uh..merchandise. Yeah, that's it. Just trading some envelopes with nothing illegal in them ya know. On a completely different tangent, screw Rogers Centre, it will always be SkyDome to me.

So, I distantly remeber a poll in which people said that they don't trust Rob or think that he is incompetent but were going to vote form him anyways. However, I can't find it anymore. Am I imagining that? (And if not does someone have a link? that would be awesome.)

So, I distantly remeber a poll in which people said that they don't trust Rob or think that he is incompetent but were going to vote form him anyways. However, I can't find it anymore. Am I imagining that? (And if not does someone have a link? that would be awesome.)

Seems to me that there were a number of polls in which his "approval rating" percentage was lower than his "will vote for" percentage.

Last edited:
...He's Toronto's curse, probably well-deserved.

This is what I initially thought about RoFo...what with my "Western Alienation" and all that.

Now, I think the cancer (ahem) that is FoFam is just a harbinger of fucked up Christmas future, not an actual direct smiting of the Tee Dot. Seeing how cozy these reprobates were with Flaherty and Harper meshes nicely with the federal Cons other sleaze and scandal (Jaffer, Kenny, Anders, Duffmeister, Wallin, Brazeau, etc etc).

Absolute power corrupts absolutely, I guess. Looking forward to Trudeau government sleaze, at least the Libs do it with style (and softer drugs, and less gun running street gangs).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back