137     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 287     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 413     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Various posts on this thread sent me on a search for John Sewell's term as mayor. I was not terribly engaged at that time and I dont recall alot of details but his term was only two years ( was that normal then?) And he became an alderman after his term as mayor. Was he ousted mid term?

The terms used to be only 2 years. The councillors lobbied Queen's Park to extend the term, claiming it wasn't long enought to accomplish anything.;)

I wonder what the odds are that Ford's staff purchased these cards?
0%. The oversized unpredictable Rob Ford story has great populist appeal. Many people have been personally touched by illness and cancer. You really find it hard to believe that in the GTA of several million people there aren't some people who would send cards? That instead his staff would fake it? You've never seen how those roadside memorials grow with sentimental baubles?

Win or lose, Andray has received a lot of well deserved support and name recognition. I expect to be hearing more of him in the coming years.

Ford camping team's spin is that "of course" AD does not have a prayer and is just running to try to appear noble with his real goal being the Liberal (such a repulsive word that they can barely make themselves type it out) nomination for his riding in the Federal election.

0%. The oversized unpredictable Rob Ford story has great populist appeal. Many people have been personally touched by illness and cancer. You really find it hard to believe that in the GTA of several million people there aren't some people who would send cards? That instead his staff would fake it? You've never seen how those roadside memorials grow with sentimental baubles?
I don't find it hard to believe but it does seem that everything Ford-related is questioned. It was just a thought and a brief and temporary conspiracy moment for me. Carry on :)

Joe W.

"Rob Ford on witnessing TTC death, dealing with chemo"
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/10/01/rob-ford-on-witnessing-ttc-death-dealing-with-chemo

Making that telephone call to the TTC General Manager must have been very stressful.

Not like he had to crawl under the car to work on her. It's a very dark and confined space. The streetcar keeps bobbing up and down while folks are getting on and off.

What's with the horrible, repetitive (containing AFIK unconfirmed/speculative information) photo captions?

Toronto mayor Rob Ford was in his office late last night going through letters, taking care of business. He talked about a a woman who was hit and killed by a TTC streetcar (which may have been a suicide) and one his own longevity dealing with upcoming chemo for his cancer on Wednesday October 1, 2014

^^This appears in all but one of the 19 photos taken by Jack Boland of Rob mayoring at his desk (returning calls, takin' care of business).

From Joe:

I really had to work him to get him to let photographer Jack Boland in to get a picture.

...because Rob's so camera-shy lol.

One of the photo cations also contains this:

Mayor Ford looks at a letter sent too him from Prime Minister Stephen Harper congratulating her on her upcoming 80th birthday.

I'm assuming the letter is for dear old Mom, but it's not mentioned in the article.

Do we know that for a fact, though? Not to jam on the ole tin foil hat too tightly, but doesn't it strike anyone else as suspicious that he was out 'n' about at all yesterday? The creep's supposed to be in a very bad way right now; certainly his conniving Famiglia have been exploiting that claim as much as they can. Yet here he is, swanning about in public, and (as usual) unable to resist mopping up all the attention he can get his grubby hands on. Never mind the macabre circumstances of this particular incident; Thug, Diane, and all their retainers (Worms, et al) have been blubbering non-stop for the past few weeks that poor, persecuted, martyred St. Slobbicus of Etobicokus is all but on death's door, so vote Ford and respect our family's privacy. Meanwhile, here's the man himself, gleefully putting the lie to official Ford Family Propaganda, and nobody finds that to be the least bit odd or noteworthy?

only person who keeps bringing up "death's door" and "on his deathbed" is you. The Ford family is optimistic "Rob is strong, he will beat this, etc". The Fords are doing some milking, but a lot of people are inexplicably helping them.

And as Pink Lucy said, the chemo is not that debilitating. The "privacy" sham is exposed much more by the 'selfie' on St Clair (while Wormington claims he had beg for a photo) than by him being out and about. Apparently thousands of other chemo patients are "allowed to leave the house" and do so regularly, but this weird insistence that he needs to stay indoors persists around here.

There is someone at work here who has probably been in Stage 4 for a few years and still drags herself to the office. She doesn't look terminal at all.

Also, I don't know who watches Grey's Anatomy, but the season premiere had a chemo patient getting jiggy with his girlfriend when a gurney fell from the roof due to high wind and onto their car.

Why does Warmington retweet stuff like this?

I have taken shots at him and he RT'ed me. He does that with negative and positive messages.

Last edited:
Soknacki's ex-camapign is releasing the results of the FOI request on Friday. I wonder if this is the event Jude has been alluding to?

I'm not expecting the event to even happen at this point. We may have been MetroManned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back