1.6K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 726     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure you said that in jest, AoD. But, here is the official statement for anyone with doubts about "The St. Clair Disaster".
http://wx.toronto.ca/inter/it/newsr...ee2e80832ded7cea8525746e00602728?OpenDocument

"Fire Chief says St. Clair Avenue West right-of-way safe for fire trucks"

As we saw yesterday, they managed to get ten ( ! ) fire trucks on scene. Not counting police and paramedics.

That was Bill Stewart...Do you think that Jim Sales would ellicit the same response?

Do we know that for a fact, though? Not to jam on the ole tin foil hat too tightly, but doesn't it strike anyone else as suspicious that he was out 'n' about at all yesterday? The creep's supposed to be in a very bad way right now; certainly his conniving Famiglia have been exploiting that claim as much as they can. Yet here he is, swanning about in public, and (as usual) unable to resist mopping up all the attention he can get his grubby hands on. Never mind the macabre circumstances of this particular incident; Thug, Diane, and all their retainers (Worms, et al) have been blubbering non-stop for the past few weeks that poor, persecuted, martyred St. Slobbicus of Etobicokus is all but on death's door, so vote Ford and respect our family's privacy. Meanwhile, here's the man himself, gleefully putting the lie to official Ford Family Propaganda, and nobody finds that to be the least bit odd or noteworthy?

For a normal personal, being out and about between chemo treatments isn't necessarily that big of a deal. My mom had weekly chemo for almost two years, and it didn't do much to curtail her activity. A co-worker continued to work, only missing days when she had the actual treatments.

HOWEVER, Doug does like to talk about how badly poor old Rob is doing, so seeing him out and about does kind of put the lie to that. But then again, Doug lies all the time so no surprise there.

Even if Rob is supposed to be hiding at home keeping a low profile so we can all think he is wasting away, did they really think he would comply? It didn't work when he was in spa-hab, why would it work now? Rob just can't live without the selfies, so this was bound to happen.

That was Bill Stewart...Do you think that Jim Sales would ellicit the same response?

Good question. But, from what I have read on the Toronto Paramedic private server, there don't seem to be any problems.

I know I enjoy riding the 512 as a passenger. I can no longer stand the aggravation of driving and parking my own car east of the Humber.

Last edited:
I think it looks very inappropriate for a mayor to be "demoted" to a lower pay grade. Has it ever happened? Then again, this is Rob we are talking about. He turned Toronto politics into a whole new ballgame.

Way, way back Allan Lamport was mayor from 1952-54 but resigned to become Vice-Chair of the TTC. He was Chairman until 1959 when he got into a political war with Big Daddy Gardiner. He ran again for mayor unsuccessfully in 1964 but eventually got back onto the Board of Control in 1966 or so. He finally retired in 1972. So Rob wouldn't be the first to hold a lower municipal elected position after being mayor.

Way, way back Allan Lamport was mayor from 1952-54 but resigned to become Vice-Chair of the TTC. He was Chairman until 1959 when he got into a political war with Big Daddy Gardiner. He ran again for mayor unsuccessfully in 1964 but eventually got back onto the Board of Control in 1966 or so. He finally retired in 1972. So Rob wouldn't be the first to hold a lower municipal elected position after being mayor.

Lampy's demise had more to do with Suite 1735 than anything else....

Folks, is it possible to tell the approximate date that the Find Jaclyn Dawe Facebook group was deleted?

I think it looks very inappropriate for a mayor to be "demoted" to a lower pay grade. Has it ever happened? Then again, this is Rob we are talking about. He turned Toronto politics into a whole new ballgame.

That's it exactly, this is Rob we're talking about. I would not be surprised if he tries schlepping out the schtick of "I won't even take a councilors pay, I'm doing this only to serve the good folks". Doug did that song and dance routine, but Doug has mostly got away with it I think. The Don Bosco equipment purchase and school trip paid by his dime promise that Rob ran out on, shows to me he's a dine and dash kinda guy.

I expect he'll expect to be treated like an ex-president. Lots of attention, but no real power. Perhaps a book deal? Film rights to his biography?

That's a good point. Would he be able to leverage any attention into real power, is a disturbing but still possible scenario. We can talk about rules being enacted to limit the type of shit show he brought, but Rob don't need any steenking rules. And curiously, he seems to be getting by quite fine with that approach as long as he's in TO.

Win or lose, Andray has received a lot of well deserved support and name recognition. I expect to be hearing more of him in the coming years.

Agreed, there was that one misstep with the flowers thing. But he is impressive so far. In a better world, Rob would've been turfed out long ago. Unfortunately right now I think TO is going through what is known as interesting times.

Do we know that for a fact, though? Not to jam on the ole tin foil hat too tightly, but doesn't it strike anyone else as suspicious that he was out 'n' about at all yesterday? The creep's supposed to be in a very bad way right now; certainly his conniving Famiglia have been exploiting that claim as much as they can. Yet here he is, swanning about in public, and (as usual) unable to resist mopping up all the attention he can get his grubby hands on.

I think this is Rob's way of passively resisting his family's wishes. I don't think the decision to leave the mayoral race was made by Rob. I think he was forced into it, and this is his way of rebelling. He did the same thing after last November when he declared he was clean as a whistle. Yet, there he was, out at nightclubs and being photographed with comically high numbers of people. He did the same at rehab, out and about taking pics when he really should've been getting himself clean and in group therapy meetings.

So he gets forced into stepping aside to let Doug run and toes the family line with the media about being so very very ill. Ward 2 is a lock—or so they believe, but Rob isn't happy about being pushed aside for his big brother to play cleanup.
Post chemo photos are Rob's passive aggressive way of giving the finger to mom and Doug. He wants to be seen, and not to prove how strong he is, but how little the family can control him.

Soknacki's ex-camapign is releasing the results of the FOI request on Friday. I wonder if this is the event Jude has been alluding to?

Last edited:
Post chemo photos are Rob's passive aggressive way of giving the finger to mom and Doug. He wants to be seen, and not to prove how strong he is, but how little the family can control him.

Yeah, Moneybags Doug Sr. is diagnosed with cancer and croaks within weeks and there's Rob, married with a baby girl at the time. Fast forward eight years and dude still doesn't have a will?

I think it looks very inappropriate for a mayor to be "demoted" to a lower pay grade. Has it ever happened?

Various posts on this thread sent me on a search for John Sewell's term as mayor. I was not terribly engaged at that time and I dont recall alot of details but his term was only two years ( was that normal then?) And he became an alderman after his term as mayor. Was he ousted mid term?

Not really - there is nothing inappropriate for someone to have his compensation adjusted in a way that is reflective of his role - and quite frankly, he should have been "demoted" even as the titular mayor.

AoD

More Get Well cards on Mayor Rob Ford's office windows
By4HyDmIAAApP9A.jpg

https://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat/status/517359563906244608/photo/1
Tin foil hat time:
I wonder what the odds are that Ford's staff purchased these cards? Notice how they're taped in a way that one can't open them to see what people wrote.

Attachments

• By4HyDmIAAApP9A.jpg
    By4HyDmIAAApP9A.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 769
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back