News   Jul 15, 2024
 914     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 637     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford on Mcguinty resigning:

"The Liberal government’s up to their eyeballs in scandals right now," said Ford.

"And I think he’s doing the right thing. He's skipper of the ship and, you know, when the ship is sinking, he's got to tell the crew: ‘That's it. We've got to move on.'"

I wonder if Ford saw any parallels when he uttered these words.
Nah.

On the topic of redistributing s. 37 funds, there's case law from the OMB that says there must be a "reasonable nexus" between the development site and the community facilities funded by s.37 monies. This usually means that the community facilities must be geographically proximate to the development site, which would presumably rule out redistributing s.37 funds across Toronto.

Mind you, I'm not an expert in planning law, but then again, neither are the Fords...

Well i guess not everyone is perfect

Toronto councillor Ana Bailao charged with drunk driving
City councillor Ana Bailao was busted for impaired driving Tuesday morning.

Toronto Police confirmed Bailao was arrested just after 1 a.m. near Bathurst St. and Harbord St.
Bailao, 36, is charged with impaired driving and having more than 80 mgs of alcohol in 100 ml of blood. She is due to appear in an Old City Hall courtroom on December 3. Bailao is the councillor for Ward 18, Davenport.

Toronto Police confirmed Bailao was arrested just after 1 a.m. near Bathurst St. and Harbord St.
Bailao, 36, is charged with impaired driving and having more than 80 mgs of alcohol in 100 ml of blood. She is due to appear in an Old City Hall courtroom on December 3. Bailao is the councillor for Ward 18, Davenport.

That explains why she voted the way she did on Jarvis. A councillor in one of the top cycling wards in the city voting against cyclists?...

At least unlike Ford, she immediately acknowledged the charges. But if convicted, she should, or be forced to resign.

At least unlike Ford, she immediately acknowledged the charges. But if convicted, she should, or be forced to resign.

That's harsh. She committed an error and admitted it. If she gets prison time, then she should resign but this is a traffic infraction. Everybody does it at some point in their lives. They believe they're fine and they get behind the wheel. I don't condone drinking and driving but resigning over it is a step too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back