736     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 891     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 627     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go back to Russia with that talk! Garbage pickup is an easy job with loads of people lining up to do it so they should earn minimum wage. Also we should reduce the minimum wage! [/sarcasm]
Minimum wage? We should be using all these prisoners that are new harsher criminal laws will create, and have them pay us for letting them pick up the garbage. Should be cheaper than conventionally jailing all those arrested for torrenting American Idol.[/sarcasm]

I won't be surprised to see the SUN throw Rob Ford under the bus next week. You know they love a good mug shot and crime story. When the verdict is read, and Ford is forced out, the SUN is going to have a field day with the ensuing mess. If Rob Ford has been a calmer version of himself since running for mayor, Ford and his brother are not going to hold anything back. He's going to be taken out literally kicking and screaming.

I won't be surprised to see the SUN throw Rob Ford under the bus next week. You know they love a good mug shot and crime story. When the verdict is read, and Ford is forced out, the SUN is going to have a field day with the ensuing mess. If Rob Ford has been a calmer version of himself since running for mayor, Ford and his brother are not going to hold anything back. He's going to be taken out literally kicking and screaming.

Hahaha.... field day, forced out, mug shot, the verdict, kicking and screaming
now thats a good one:D

I predict Ford's will go down in some pathetic 'blaze of glory', the kind that only someone with absolutely no self awareness and a huge ego can pull off.

Insider Tip: "Sometime next week the Toronto SUN Front page will be Rob Ford's mug shot with the headline GUILTY"

:rolleyes:

Nah, the caption under the title will be: "...of saving taxpayers too much money (and fighting union scum)!"

And there will be a story by Warmington or Levy highlighting the latest example of councilors using taxpayer dollars to buy office equipment or something like that.

I don't feel that optimistic. Rob Ford guilty, sure, but I doubt it will result in him thrown from office. The amount was too small, and Ford too incompetant, for there to be any calculated scheme. It will just end up being another nail in the coffin of his career, which will be sealed later.

To be quite honest, I would be astonished if he isn't kicked from office if he is found guilty. The judge would have to make the argument that the punishment required by law is illegal, which could only be the case if it were unconstitutional, and considering no one made such arguments, it seems he would be stepping far out of his bounds as a judge to do so.

To be quite honest, I would be astonished if he isn't kicked from office if he is found guilty. The judge would have to make the argument that the punishment required by law is illegal, which could only be the case if it were unconstitutional, and considering no one made such arguments, it seems he would be stepping far out of his bounds as a judge to do so.

They could argue cruel and unusual punishment for the 'crime' committed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back