4.7K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 684     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've started up an editable google spreadsheet where you can contribute and list Doug Ford's lies and contradictions. Please contribute and share. Please be civil and provide facts and links to articles / quotes proving so.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10IpCteZ8HAJ1YQqeG7Gm72bDxac_0S6NcdG4M08SlYY/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks!

Great idea. Perhaps you could email whomever has the tumblr account http://dougfordlies.tumblr.com/
because they have already collected quite a few!

Politically, ( speaking only as an outside observer ) I would guess that the safest path for Doug would be to continue his bedside vigil at Mount Sinai. Scrum a little in the parking lot at MSH, but stay out of the debates ( trenches ) until the last possible moment.

Let Tory and Chow fatally weaken each other at the debates in their long war of attrition ( like Germany and Russia did on the Eastern Front ). Postpone Operation Overlord / Douglord until the last possible moment. Then come on the debate circuit with guns blazing. ( Figuratively speaking, of course. )
D-Day = Doug-Day!

That was the advice Churchill gave Roosevelt, and it worked.

Last edited:
john lancaster ‏@jlancasterCBC · 1m
Breaking: #toronto councillor Mammoliti subject of police investigation after accepting $80gs from public. He tells CBC "I'm not worried."

john lancaster ‏@jlancasterCBC · 59s
Criminal probe of city councillor's fundraiser is being handled out of police HQ, by the Financial Crimes Unit. #TOpoli

john lancaster ‏@jlancasterCBC · 3m
#TOpoli police investigation formally requested by City of #Toronto after outside lawyer reviewed situation.

Last edited:
He wouldn't have said anything without Doug or Rob giving an explicit order. By denying that the medical scare was part of the plan, he pretty much guarantees that the medical scare was part of the plan.

The exact reasoning why I am deeply suspicious that Mayor Ford does not know anything at all about A. Smith's ordeal. His heartfelt denial was out of left field, like a pre-emptive lie.

Another possibility would be for the Fords to help found a far-right Tea Party / Wildrose Party in Ontario, particularly if a Red Tory wins the PCPO leadership.

Holy fuck. Now you're hitting close to home.

I have always been a "fiscally conservative" leaning guy, and therefore a Conservative. It's only been the last few years that I've really started to look at each candidate's merits in the various elections, and decided that way.
When the Wild Rose started up, things changed for me. The "far" right or left is where the crazies go. It might feel good to "belong" with a group, but, in the end, you are still crazy.

Please don't give FoFam any ideas, as their Keyes constantwould be an annoying pain in the ass for the rest of us.

Well, even Wildrose aren't that far right. They don't openly oppose gay marriage or abortion, which is a staple of the Tea Party in the States. Do they want to dismantle the health care system?

IMO Doug would not get the chance to try; IMO he would never get past being vetted by the OPC party over his days as a drug dealer. The OPC know that the other parties would devote substantial resources to trying to get even more confirmation of that past than we already have seen from the G&M, and that even more news organizations would be even more interested in pursuing his past if Doug was seeking to position himself to try to become Premier.

Don't forget his comments about giving the party an enema from top to bottom.
Who in their right mind would choose him as their new leader?

Last edited:
"SHAME on @johntoryTO! Proved he doesn't care about transit!!"
https://twitter.com/ttcriders/status/511635860098670592/photo/1

And how many debates has JT done compared to Doug?

It must feel like stepping into a boxing ring every time you go into one of those things. Tory looks healthy, but even so - at age 60 ( Doug is 49 ) - it must take its toll after a while.

Last edited:
Why is he speaking at all? Surely that "back up plan" is not something Rob Ford would have authorized him to speak about. I consider anything a client tells me privileged, whether it's related to a criminal case or not.

This is no different than anything Ford's doctor says or will say. If we hear from the doctor again, it will be very carefully orchestrated, just like it was the other day. Think about it, he used terms like "surrounded by family" and "resting comfortably" so that people would think he was on his deathbed. Right now, they aren't releasing any photos of him for a reason but what that is, I don't know. I expected a photo of him for The Sun, in the hospital bed with a big smile on his face and a thumbs up to show us how great his spirits are.

Last edited:
Well, even Wildrose aren't that far right. They don't openly oppose gay marriage or abortion, which is a staple of the Tea Party in the States. Do they want to dismantle the health care system?

The Reform party destroyed and consumed the remains of the PC party. Remember that? They rebranded themselves as Alliance......then the Conservative Party of Canada.

Yes, we can definitely agree on that! But the Fords don't respond to reason like normal people, so I doubt it would work on Doug.

I wonder whether Doug is just that slight bit more realistic than Rob, since he has the option of carrying on at Deco (which he appears to have enjoyed), and spending a lot of time in the US as he apparently used to do (so long as there is not too much more investigation of his past so as to pique the interest of a US border agent), whereas Robbie has nowhere to go if he is out of CH.

ETA: I mean, they would reinstall Robbie at Deco, but by all accounts he did not want to be there, such that it would be a pretty empty sinecure for him.

Last edited:
whereas Robbie has nowhere to go if he is out of CH.

Not likely a post mayoral career like David Miller.

"Following his term as mayor, Miller rejoined the law firm of Aird & Berlis LLP where he specializes in international business and sustainability. He splits his time between Toronto and Brooklyn, New York where he accepted a three-year appointment at the Polytechnic Institute of New York University as Future of Cities Global Fellow and will teach courses on finding technological solutions to urban problems."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Miller_(Canadian_politician)#Post_mayoral_career

LOL! How on earth did you come up with that gif so fast?

I just wanted to see what a guy with no thumbs looked like. :D

I've heard of pool hustlers getting their thumbs broken, but who the heck would cut them off?

LOL I know what you meant, and you know I make more than my share of mistakes! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back