4.6K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 682     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is he speaking at all? Surely that "back up plan" is not something Rob Ford would have authorized him to speak about. I consider anything a client tells me privileged, whether it's related to a criminal case or not.

He wouldn't have said anything without Doug or Rob giving an explicit order. By denying that the medical scare was part of the plan, he pretty much guarantees that the medical scare was part of the plan.

I agree that Ford would have no REAL power as Ward 2 councillor. And you're right - he'll just push the NO button like he's always done.

What I'm saying is that he'll get way more attention from the media than he did last time he was councillor. Ford will scrum every chance he gets (which the media will gladly give him) about how much better things were when he was mayor, how he saved a billion dollars and now they're spending like drunken sailors again, how the gravy train is back on, hands in the cookie jar, etc.

As a result, those with actual power (the new mayor, the new exec cttee, other councillors, etc.) will constantly have to answer to Ford's lies and tantrums, or having their quotes matched one for one with a Ford quote. This is how Ford will continue to define the agenda at City Hall, even as a lowly ward councillor.

This will not be the channel re-set we're all hoping for, which is a crying shame. It is so past time for an intelligent discussion about the future of the city at City Hall.

And worst of all, if Ford doesn't die or go to jail in the meantime, he'll be running for mayor in 2018.

I'm afraid of this likely scenario too. Besides dying or going off to jail though, another hopeful outcome is he loses to Domise and thereby losing his soapbox. Hmm.......I'd better go and make a third donation to Andray's campaign!!

Doug Ford will never beat Christine Elliot let alone Lisa MacLeod.

I didn't say he'd be successful!!

The Fords are delusional. But we can't say they don't have reason to be....once upon a time no on one believed Rob could become mayor.

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 1m
According to a release from the Chow campaign, Tory has pulled out of the @enzodimatteo-moderated TTC Riders debate at 5:00.

Tory pulling out of a debate? The Fordites will be all over that.

Cynthia Mulligan ‏@CityCynthia 12s
John Tory pulls out of 3 debates including one at 5 today, says has entered "new phase of campaign". Total mayoral debates this wk #topoli
Does this mean Olivia Chow will be debating by herself?

He wouldn't have said anything without Doug or Rob giving an explicit order. By denying that the medical scare was part of the plan, he pretty much guarantees that the medical scare was part of the plan.

It's good to see the media are at least pursuing the "people are wondering if it was all planned" angle....but I'm totally down with everyone wondering why The Best Criminal Lawyer in Canada is commenting, at length, on an issue that is neither criminal, nor legal in nature. It's just a family/campaign decision. I'm not even clear why the Post would call him on this but kudos to them for getting him to ramble, like this. He must be brilliant in the courtroom because, lord, he always comes across like a barely-informed tool in print and on TV. He's commenting like a moronic pollster, not the lawyer for someone under a lengthy police investigation and under subpoena regarding his drug dealer's extortion trial.

This quote is gold and really shows you the Ford mindset:
“One minute the mayor is on top of the world debating and in fine form, having addiction counseling completed and just skyrocketing and, the next minute, he’s with a health issue and they have 24 hours to decide the future of their family, themselves, and the future of Toronto potentially.”

That's right - Diane has to decide the future of the city. Narcissistic much?

He also exposes his own absurdity, wondering how bad it would have been if this happened 2 or 3 days later and the mayor had to quit the race. All that would have happened is his name would have stayed on the ballot, he still would have lost and Mikey still would have won Ward 2 (probably, sadly) and Doug would have been going back to Deco. I don't see the tragedy for Rob, there...unless of course you think the city just needs to have him somewhere on council, even if he's dying.

Last edited:
This is my favourite line from hotmail lawyer:

“Nobody in the world would ever think of an exit strategy. The mayor was just surging and, in everything he did, he was happy and he seemed to be in good health and he was doing well in the debates,” said Mr. Morris.

Is hotmail lawyer talking about Rob? Our Rob?

It's good to see the media are at least pursuing the "people are wondering if it was all planned" angle....but I'm totally down with everyone wondering why The Best Criminal Lawyer in Canada is commenting, at length, on an issue that is neither criminal, nor legal in nature. It's just a family/campaign decision. I'm not even clear why the Post would call him on this but kudos to them for getting him to ramble, like this. He must be brilliant in the courtroom because, lord, he always comes across like a barely-informed tool in print and on TV. He's commenting like a moronic pollster, not the lawyer for someone under a lengthy police investigation and under subpoena regarding his drug dealer's extortion trial.

This quote is gold and really shows you the Ford mindset:
“One minute the mayor is on top of the world debating and in fine form, having addiction counseling completed and just skyrocketing and, the next minute, he’s with a health issue and they have 24 hours to decide the future of their family, themselves, and the future of Toronto potentially.”

That's right - Diane has to decide the future of the city. Narcissistic much?

He also exposes his own absurdity, wondering how bad it would have been if this happened 2 or 3 days later and the mayor had to quit the race. All that would have happened is his name would have stayed on the ballot, he still would have lost and Mikey still would have won Ward 2 (probably, sadly) and Doug would have been going back to Deco. I don't see the tragedy for Rob, there...unless of course you think the city just needs to have him somewhere on council, even if he's dying.

Is this whole thing (cue the criminal lawyer) a cover story to keep Rob from being arrested? Maybe they will spirit him out of the country to get specialized surgery - and the TPS would like like asses trying to arrest a man in need of lifesaving services er "surgery".

OPP just reported man shot near conservation area was a 70 year old Italian construction company CEO... Stranger things can happen.

Last edited:
Doug Ford will never beat Christine Elliot let alone Lisa MacLeod.

IMO Doug would not get the chance to try; IMO he would never get past being vetted by the OPC party over his days as a drug dealer. The OPC know that the other parties would devote substantial resources to trying to get even more confirmation of that past than we already have seen from the G&M, and that even more news organizations would be even more interested in pursuing his past if Doug was seeking to position himself to try to become Premier.

IMO Doug would not get the chance to try; IMO he would never get past being vetted by the OPC party over his days as a drug dealer. The OPC know that the other parties would devote substantial resources to trying to get even more confirmation of that past than we already have seen from the G&M, and that even more news organizations would be even more interested in pursuing his past if Doug was seeking to position himself to try to become Premier.

Maybe they have already started doing this seeing as he's making a run for Mayor. Here's hoping.......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back