358     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 580     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm late to the party so ignore this if it has already been mentioned The Ford Family Compound on Weston Wood is in Ward 2....so yes Ward 2 can be pricy....

I know, Weston Wood Rd. and Park ( later re-named DoFoSr Park ) touches the border ( Royal York Rd. ) of the ward I grew up in.:
http://www1.toronto.ca/City Of Toronto/City Planning/Wards/Files/pdf/W/W2map.pdf

But, the demographics of Ward 2 are not great:
http://www1.toronto.ca/City Of Toronto/City Planning/Wards/Files/pdf/W/Ward 02 NHS Profile 2011.pdf

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 51s
Company that owns Etobicoke parking lot where Ford Fest planned say a new date has been proposed by Doug Ford. Won't tell me when.

So it might still happen there.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 7m
Ford Fest still to be held in CR Islington parking lot. Rival candidates, auditor have raised issues with that deal

Last edited:
He'd be Councilor in name only. He wouldn't be chosen to sit on any committees, much less chair one.
He would get to sit in council and push the NO button.
The only way he would have any role in the next 4 years is if Doug was elected Mayor.

I agree that Ford would have no REAL power as Ward 2 councillor. And you're right - he'll just push the NO button like he's always done.

What I'm saying is that he'll get way more attention from the media than he did last time he was councillor. Ford will scrum every chance he gets (which the media will gladly give him) about how much better things were when he was mayor, how he saved a billion dollars and now they're spending like drunken sailors again, how the gravy train is back on, hands in the cookie jar, etc.

As a result, those with actual power (the new mayor, the new exec cttee, other councillors, etc.) will constantly have to answer to Ford's lies and tantrums, or having their quotes matched one for one with a Ford quote. This is how Ford will continue to define the agenda at City Hall, even as a lowly ward councillor.

This will not be the channel re-set we're all hoping for, which is a crying shame. It is so past time for an intelligent discussion about the future of the city at City Hall.

And worst of all, if Ford doesn't die or go to jail in the meantime, he'll be running for mayor in 2018.

Gonna be grammatically pedantic here, but it's "poring over".

But anyhow, I agree with you. If the Ford were truly using this as a sympathy vote technique, I'm sure we'd see pics of Rob. I do suspect it's quite a bad state he's in, and if he's been using oxys recreationally, his tolerance for opiates is probably quite high. I think he's likely in a lot of pain and drugged beyond incoherence most of the time.

Thanks, zang, duly noted. Um....and it's Fords plural, not Ford singular :)

I don't think so....as I said before, I think the strategy behind Doug Ford running for mayor is a Ford belief the whole thing is win-win. He either wins the mayoralty or he parlays what he expects will be a solid second place showing into a run for the Ontario PC leadership.

(Just like John Tory did)

Doug Ford will never beat Christine Elliot let alone Lisa MacLeod.

I agree that Ford would have no REAL power as Ward 2 councillor. And you're right - he'll just push the NO button like he's always done.

What I'm saying is that he'll get way more attention from the media than he did last time he was councillor. Ford will scrum every chance he gets (which the media will gladly give him) about how much better things were when he was mayor, how he saved a billion dollars and now they're spending like drunken sailors again, how the gravy train is back on, hands in the cookie jar, etc.

As a result, those with actual power (the new mayor, the new exec cttee, other councillors, etc.) will constantly have to answer to Ford's lies and tantrums, or having their quotes matched one for one with a Ford quote. This is how Ford will continue to define the agenda at City Hall, even as a lowly ward councillor.

This will not be the channel re-set we're all hoping for, which is a crying shame. It is so past time for an intelligent discussion about the future of the city at City Hall.

And worst of all, if Ford doesn't die or go to jail in the meantime, he'll be running for mayor in 2018.

I think he'll be an island of 1 and nobody will be interested in him running again - well - other than Ford Nation.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...ase-he-fell-off-the-wagon-family-lawyer-says/

Dennis Morris confirms what we all knew. And why is a criminal lawyer acting as their spokesperson?
“One minute the mayor is on top of the world debating and in fine form, having addiction counseling completed and just skyrocketing and, the next minute, he’s with a health issue and they have 24 hours to decide the future of their family, themselves, and the future of Toronto potentially.â€

Thank God Doug was willing to step into the breach and save us from certain doom.

Sounds like the Fords cottoned on to the fact that nobody believed their last-minute explanation. This allows them to say "yeah this was Plan B, but pinky swear that Rob's dismal poll numbers had nothing to do with it"

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...ase-he-fell-off-the-wagon-family-lawyer-says/

Dennis Morris confirms what we all knew. And why is a criminal lawyer acting as their spokesperson?

This article makes me weep with frustration. Rob Ford was not soaring, unless he was doing so with the aid of mind-altering substances. Furthermore, what gives the Ford clan the right to choose a substitute mayoral candidate? Why would they even think this was necessary? There are candidates aplenty. Such hubris! So disgusted with the lot of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back