778     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 922     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 640     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cp24.com/news/2014-munic...olidly-in-second-spot-1.2005282#ixzz3DA1EqIdM

Yikes, Doug would get 34% support.

Daniel Dale @ddale8
POLL: John Tory 41%, Doug Ford 34%, Olivia Chow 19%. Treat with caution: events were still unfolding. on.thestar.com/1wj70qs

This poll seems more plausible - also this firm properly predicted Provincial Liberal Majority day before it happened (check their twitter feed):

MainSt Technologies ‏@MainStTech 8h
Breaking: Doug Ford has big hill to climb, @oliviachow gains ground. Chow 30.5%, Ford 18.2%, Tory 51.2% #topoli #rofo #dofo detail 09/12

It's too bad the stars front page has "Doug Starts Strong in Second Place"

It's depressing that of the three leading candidates only one seems interested in actually being Mayor.

It's too bad the stars front page has "Doug Starts Strong in Second Place"

It's depressing that of the three leading candidates only one seems interested in actually being Mayor.

I'm sticking with the Main Street numbers... because even on TV they interviewed some loyal Rob supporters that were decidedly iffy on Sluggo.

Things that don't make sense to me: why would Mikey be needed as a placeholder, when all they needed to do was register Rob before 2 pm today? The whole placeholder concept makes no sense. Also, why have Doug run? He clearly has no desire to be a politician, he is vastly disliked, he won't win, and if rumour is to be believed, he's needed at Deco. All they needed to do was to have Rob either use his addiction recovery as an excuse, or quietly cite a health issue, register for ward 2, and voila - same result as now. So why all of this theatre and drama to go along with it, if the end result will almost certainly be the same?

Eta - I think I'm just trying to sort out my thoughts, and perhaps look for logic where there is none. Thanks for indulging me!

Mikey was the Ford approved conservative candidate. Never forget...these guys are running Ford-friendly candidates in every ward. No other conservative had a chance in that ward.

It gets interesting though. Lost in the chaos of today is John Nunziata signs up at the last minute to run against Ford-lackey Frank Di Giorgio. Nunziata stood shoulder to shoulder with Dofo at the registration desk..

As long as I'm not serving time...

reporterdonpeat 7:48am via Hootsuite
“I’ll be supporting Doug in this race for mayor & so will Ward 7 in its entirety" Giorgio Mammoliti.

Here is my guess. During the first week of May, when Rob was supposedly off to rehab, the tumor was discovered during physical check-ups. All the running around to a couple of hospitals/clinics was to follow up on this discovery. The sighting at Tims was in between hospital visits. More follow up may have taken place while at Greenestone. The decision was made to go ahead with Rob's campaign but plan B where Doug takes over had always been a possibility in case Rob got caught in another stupor etc. The tumor may be benign but is growing quickly and now causing problems. Behind in the polls with more revelations about to hit the news, the Ford bros switch places and ensure Rob's place on council. They keep the the Ford name in the news at twice the rate and Doug's loss in Mayoral election is seen as small sacrifice because he really wants to be in Chicago anyway. (or Rob's tumor is malignant and hism days are numbered!)

I think you are spot on. Liars lie. The four days they were " moving me around" in May were probably not about a sore toe. The effing cowboy boots say it all.

The mayoralty wrestling tag team of Rob & Doug were on the ropes. "User" (allegedly) crawled over to tag, and "dealer" (allegedly) surprised everyone and came in fresh and eager for a fight.

Will the "referee" (the voters) see the tricks this team uses, or will the "referee" turn a blind eye and give their opponents a kick in the pants.

Mexican-Wrestling-467x250.jpg

Wasn't Doug originally the manager?

I have no sympathy for any of the Fords and I hope someone will man up and get in Tugs face and call him a lying scumbag like at the council meeting where he lost his shit.

This is not a stable person, he lies without thinking about the consequences and he's likely to get physical if pushed......he NEEDS to be pushed.

Please John Tory or Olivia Chow say in a debate "When you lied about Bill Blair to damage his reputation to minimize your brothers drug crimes it showed you can't be trusted, what's YOUR relationship with Sandro Lisi?"

"In the past you've threatened to sue people for false accusations yet you didn't do anything when the Globe and Mail printed that you were a drug dealer, I know if they made accusations against me I'd sue, why didn't you?"

Last edited:
warmingtons fresh article is bulshit. The whole front half reads like they've received new information and even includes the quote "it's not good. I guess the good lord just wants me somewhere else."

As an atheist, I hate when people say things like that (or "god has different plans for me"), because it hides ego behind a higher power.

"The omnipotent, omniscient being is so hard done by, he needs *my* help somewhere else. God thinks in special!"

(Of course, this just feeds the Ford Nation deification of Prince Robert)

Made worse by the fact that Ford has learned nothing since being mayor except how to better manipulate rules, ignore truths and trust fewer people. Just the kind of person a kinder, gentler god would want to "call home early".

The mayoralty wrestling tag team of Rob & Doug were on the ropes. "User" (allegedly) crawled over to tag, and "dealer" (allegedly) surprised everyone and came in fresh and eager for a fight.

Will the "referee" (the voters) see the tricks this team uses, or will the "referee" turn a blind eye and give their opponents a kick in the pants.

Mexican-Wrestling-467x250.jpg

Wasn't Doug originally the manager?

Yeah, but anything can happen in WrassleMania 2014 in Tarawnna! It is pandemonium out here folks!

WWE+Presents+Wrestlemania+23+GCnwOz34TEWl.jpg

Too bad the merryl debates venues are etched in stone. They could've had the last televised debate in Maple Leaf Gardens on Pay Per View. ;)

Last edited:
As long as I'm not serving time...

reporterdonpeat 7:48am via Hootsuite
“I’ll be supporting Doug in this race for mayor & so will Ward 7 in its entirety" Giorgio Mammoliti.

Another statement from Mammo that has 0% chance of being true. What a moron.

“I guess the good Lord wants me somewhere else" Rob Ford to @joe_warmington

"Ten Ford pages inside"

View attachment 33342
https://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat/status/510740526459801600/photo/1

"From his hospital bed, an ailing Mayor Ford said while “shocked†and “devastatedâ€, his health has forced him from the election race and there was no other option."

That's a blessedly beatific pic, Rofo looks almost positively papal. I can believe that the good Lord wants rofo somewhere else, Rob is signed up to run for ward 2 councilor correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back