376     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 680     1 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 437     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I'm starting to wonder if we'll hear anything more from actual doctors about Rob's condition.
I doubt it. The doctors did their job of making the abdominal mass look sudden and serious. If the reports that Ford has known it's benign for 4 months already, they'll avoid any further public statements from the doctor. Despite the very public nature of Wednesday and Thursday, look for calls to respect his privacy in the coming days.

Hopefully someone leaks his medical records.

Heh. Save the sympathy for somebody who has a bigger problem than worrying that he wasn't first to copy-and-paste some high-quality snark.

I meant no sympathy for Towhey. He is a tool, plain and simple. I just didn't copy the whole quote.

Might Doug actually try and be a nice guy now that more is at stake, or is that impossible?

Last edited:
I doubt it. The doctors did their job of making the abdominal mass look sudden and serious. If the reports that Ford has known it's benign for 4 months already, they'll avoid any further public statements from the doctor. Despite the very public nature of Wednesday and Thursday, look for calls to respect his privacy in the coming days.

Hopefully someone leaks his medical records.

If Rob hadn't thrown his hat into the ring in Ward 2 his health would be a private matter. Voters in Ward 2, however, have a right to know if he'll be able to perform his duties if elected. Someone has to drunk-dial them at 1 a.m. to see if they need a pothole filled.

Oh yeah, totally agree. That's why I thought the Tabatha Southey joke was so funny.

Forum's quoting system let you down a little, it looks like.

Yep, I was adding to a post.

Anyway, Towhey can do his little radio show and pretend that he is important.

I hope this snap poll scares people a bit.

There are a lot of a-holes, particularly in the suburbs, looking for a voice in the Mayor's Office. A middle-finger to the Manhattanite hipsters downtown so to speak. Just as it was in 2010.

Hipsters on Manhattan? Naw, Bushwick and Williamsburg. Brooklyn's where it's at.

Gosh, What's the FMV for a bunch of used "XYZ for MAYOR" signs once you've dropped out?

$0?

Unless someone else named XYZ comes along and agrees to take them off your hands at a bargain price.

The 2014 print run is not used. And when your name is XYZ too, they are the same as if you had ordered them yourself.

@normwilner: At what point will Doug transition from "I'm carrying on Rob's work" to "Who do you think ran this city for the last four years"? #TOpoli

How soon does Rob leave the hospital and say that he feels great? Well, that is if one believes that he doesn't have cancer and it was just a lump that needs to be removed.

Last edited:
@MainStTech: Breaking: Doug Ford has big hill to climb, @oliviachow gains ground. Chow 30.5%, Ford 18.2%, Tory 51.2% #topoli #rofo #dofo detail 09/12

@MainStTech: Breaking: .@RobFordToronto to get re-elected. Domise 22.5%, Ford 58.3%, Other 19.3% #rofo #topoli #ward2 details 09/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back