45     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 815     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 948     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that Doug wants this. Sure, he'd rather be in Chicago than spend another four years as a councillor little different than loser nobodies like Mary Margaret McMahon or Raymond Cho. That's not for Doug. He's a player, has always been a player, since he was selling hash at the plaza on Royal York. But Mayor, sure he can be Mayor. He's been making the decisions there anyway. Guys like Price and Amin were there in Rob's office to do Doug's doing. When he was talking Ford Nation there was no deference in Doug's manner to any belief that Rob was the man in charge. Rob's been looking like he was going to lose and he's been costing the family too much money. At least if Doug can get elected he won't blow it with drugs and booze and hookers. So it's Doug's turn. Mom says so. Doug hasn't needed his arm twisted.

@MainStTech: Breaking: .@RobFordToronto to get re-elected. Domise 22.5%, Ford 58.3%, Other 19.3% #rofo #topoli #ward2 details 09/13

Are they less or more reputable than Forum?

MainSt Technologies ‏@MainStTech 2h
Breaking: .@RobFordToronto to get re-elected. Domise 22.5%, Ford 58.3%, Other 19.3% #rofo #topoli #ward2 details 09/13

Sad if true.

My challenge: any progressive minded UT-er who can afford to make the same commitment -- please do so. We talk a lot here, but we now have the opportunity for direct action. Let's give Andray the tools he needs to slay this dragon once and for all.

No disclaimer needed: the Domise campaign has never heard of me before and won't after this. I just need to feel like I took a stand and put my money where my mouth is during one of the craziest, most critical times in TO politics.

Quick and easy link: https://andraydomise.nationbuilder.com/donate

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Challenge accepted!:)) I don't live in Ward 2 and has already donated to Andray. I will do so again, immediately after this.

Not at all. I think Doug really believes he can win, that anything Rob can do he must obviously be able to do better. This is a man who clearly believed through every moment of his brother's mayoralty that he would be the better mayor. Now he's got his chance.

But I suspect there's also a larger strategy at play wherein losing is no big deal: the silver lining of his failed bid for the mayoralty will be a run at the PCPO leadership. They probably imagine Doug will be able to pull a John Tory, ostensibly parlaying what the family Ford believes will be a strong showing in the mayoral race into a more worthy crown.

If DoFo finishes 2nd and ahead of Chow, that would be a strong showing indeed, for someone who hadn't campaigned (in fact, announced he was done with city politics), joined the race on the last possible day, and had to tend to his sick brother (or so it would seem) for the few camping weeks that he did have. People would say "imagine how much better he could have done if he had more time and was a bit less distracted!"

If he ends up with less than 15%, though... he will look foolish indeed.

This is probably evil, but I would love to hear Leeanne's reaction to all this.

well, there is this.
https://twitter.com/mcrobb_leeanne

Fresh start? It could be her... it could be someone pretending to be her. No way to know. Worms is following her, but no sign of that anti-Ford #topoli doctor she chatted with a lot on the other account.

I think he's probably telling what he thinks is the truth, but I also think that his version of the truth is tainted with a lot of bias and hyperbole. Just from my observations since all this craziness started.

eta - also with maybe a bit of internet fame going to his head.

I've been wondering about this for many months -- basically since MM abandoned this thread. Even then, and after he 'revealed' himself, people we're saying he's caught up in "internet fame".

Is he really an internet/twitter celebrity? When people here said that many months ago -- and MM was making cryptic statements about arrests and search warrants -- I looked at his twitter. Most of those tweets had like 4 retweets and 3 favourites, maybe a couple of replies. And usually from the same 10-15 #topoli people. And some dramatic tweets didn't get any retweets/faves at all. Frankly I thought his tweets about his dog got more interest!! I wasn't following him before that so I don't know how dramatically his followers spiked but I don't get the feeling that he garners all that much attention or fawning admirers.

So it has come to this. WrassleMania Toronto 2014, municipal edition. It's O-Chow, J-Tory, and D-Ford for the Merryl showdown. It's Andray Domise vs Rob Ford for Ward 2 councilor. And Michael Ford for school trustee in Ward 1.
http://app.toronto.ca/vote/searchCandidateByOfficeType.do?criteria.officeType=3

I'll be blunt. I hope all 3 Fords get routed unconditionally, even Mikey. I would've said ok, time to leave the kid alone if he has withdrawn, but he merely switched lanes. Maybe he is only "obeying orders", but enough is enough. The Don Bosco fiasco report should be read by anyone who thinks someone in a school trustee position sympathetic to the Fords can be harmless. Mikey can very plausibly win the trustee position simply by name recognition.

This Frodian hydra needs to be taken down completely.

edited ps. Remember Rofo's comment re: David Socks getting out of the race? http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...vid_soknacki_withdraws_from_mayoral_race.html

Ford appeared surprised when informed by reporters of Soknacki’s decision. “He’s pulled out? Is he running for council or anything?” Ford asked.
Rofo would make a terrible poker player due to his comically obvious tell. But it's no longer funny when quite a large number of people in the city seem to ignore it time and time again.

Last edited:
If Rob hadn't thrown his hat into the ring in Ward 2 his health would be a private matter. Voters in Ward 2, however, have a right to know if he'll be able to perform his duties if elected. Someone has to drunk-dial them at 1 a.m. to see if they need a pothole filled.

I'm blanking at the moment, how did Robbie drop out of one race and enter another he is in the hospital?

Every shit-hurricane has a silver lining of a few very funny and on-target jokes ... (Sorry if I'm not first to post this here. Seriously hard to keep up today.)

It all depends how much Dougie is in the book, it could me a double whammy for The Wonder Twits.

DoFo's the Alexander Haig to RoFo's Ronald Reagan, "he's in control here", that sort of thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if, in the long run, DoFo even winds up scuttling RoFo's Ward 2 chances--the mercy defeat of a sick man with a sicko brother, *that* sort of thing.

Doug's most impressive credential is that he would actually be a much worse mayor than RoFo. I'll take ignorance, venality and incompetence over ruthlessness and malice any day, thanks.

warmingtons fresh article is bulshit. The whole front half reads like they've received new information and even includes the quote "it's not good. I guess the good lord just wants me somewhere else."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back